Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
Is there a third part of the concert on video anywhere? The 2nd one stops short at the end of Shoplifters, which worries me a lot.

Who were the two ladies tottering on stage before Chain gang? Couldn't see anything, just heard Morrissey repeating "See you manana, my friends" or something of that sort.

Lots of highlights in this second part, Seasick defo was one, Chain Gang. Paris gained some new meaning as well.

Really liked Knockabout World.
Just wish it didn't cut out.
Someone'll probably have a good copy of
it though.

Is there a third part of the concert on video anywhere? The 2nd one stops short at the end of Shoplifters, which worries me a lot.

Who were the two ladies tottering on stage before Chain gang? Couldn't see anything, just heard Morrissey repeating "See you manana, my friends" or something of that sort.

Lots of highlights in this second part, Seasick defo was one, Chain Gang. Paris gained some new meaning as well.

&

Some more videos from YouTube.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

So it looks like from the YouTube videos that Alain was doing the Boz parts and Jesse was still playing the Alain parts. Kind of strange but Alain had his moments and his backup singing was a welcome return. Seems like he simply swapped with Boz. Anyone know what happened to Boz? Jesse is a solid lead guy but nothing compares to Boz rhythm/ Alain lead.

It's glaringly obvious his muse left him years and years and years ago.
He's plowing on for the money and to satisfy his narcissism.
Lights long gone out.

Ok Verso. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this was a difficult first show back since his mother's death. He looked and sounded great. Not the ideal setlist, but other than Who Put The M in Manchester?, when has there ever been?

So it looks like from the YouTube videos that Alain was doing the Boz parts and Jesse was still playing the Alain parts. Kind of strange but Alain had his moments and his backup singing was a welcome return. Seems like he simply swapped with Boz. Anyone know what happened to Boz? Jesse is a solid lead guy but nothing compares to Boz rhythm/ Alain lead.
There were plenty of times Alain played lead/principal parts. To my ear/eye, he played far more lead than Boz typically has in recent years.

That's a fair point. I think if Morrissey had managed to keep one contract over the past 10-15 years we may have seen that shift in gear with the material. I think the fact that Morrissey has always had issues with contracts means that it is difficult for him to change style and reinvent himself. IANADOAC was a step in the right direction, even if it didn't quite hit the bar, but I do think the contract issue means we get one step forward and two steps back.

Maybe I'm finding excuses for the man but... Mick Hucknall?
Haven’t you heard sad old red??

-Only browsed a couple pages of comments but I was there in the front last night and not sure what to expect given the last year and a half of negative media attention, no shows, band member rotation, etc.

I think the show was a triumph - the band was visibly having fun, the new drummer, Alain, and Solomon did great and the theater had a sizable crowd. It seemed like people had a great time save the couple that got thrown out next to me toward the end of the set.

More to come tonight

51411811469_d988813fd4_b.jpg

51412105540_49b934d157_b.jpg

51411385548_35f94bebb1_b.jpg

51411880194_ce2ded11c5_b.jpg

People complaining about covers cracks me up. Seriously? He literally released an entire album of them so he obviously sees value in the songs and enjoys singing them. But then it wouldn't be a bunch of Moz fans without useless complaining

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom