Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
How can you not see it? It's in the body language, the repetition of words, he's talked about it in interviews & he's mentioned it on stage.
What exactly are you saying is wrong with him? His body language doesn't seem any different to me than any other person who's been performing for many decades and is tired in general.

yes, but howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?!?! you have to tell me your secrets, b-boy!!
Just a bit of simple detective work and some luck. A friend and I knew Morrissey was in Auckland for an upcoming show as he'd been filmed by a local TV station arriving at the airport. The next day my friend rung around the 5 star hotels in town asking for Morrissey. I think on the 2nd or 3rd hotel the operator replied 'yes the Morrissey band is here' and was just about to connect him to Morrissey's room when obviously someone on the other side intervened and the call wasn't put through. No worries we at least knew the hotel they were all staying at.

Soooo the very next day we headed into town and aforementioned hotel. Once we got there frankly we had no idea what to do next so we just started walking around and then across the atrium we spotted Moz and Alain walking towards the escalators. Hearts in mouths we rushed to try and get downstairs to the lobby as fast as our little legs would carry us by which stage they'd disappeared!

To the right was the main restaurant and I took a peek inside, it was only around 5pm and 2 people were sat down, one to our back to us, but I'd know that quiff anywhere. We sauntered up, clearly very nervous and probably expecting to be told to maybe come back after their meal but both Moz and Alain were very lovely, very chatty and gave us around 10-15 mins of their time. The old adage of 'never meet your heroes' certainly didn't apply in my case.

But he's never done what people think he should do, he has always done what he thinks is best, for better and for worse, and that's why you fell in love with him in the first place. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you should get it.
The day Morrissey starts catering to the will of his fans is the day he ceases to be Morrissey.

I'm sure this was a difficult first show back since his mother's death. He looked and sounded great. Not the ideal setlist, but other than Who Put The M in Manchester?, when has there ever been?
There'd be plenty of people complaining about that set list too.

What he says right before Paris is absolutely disgusting. And there is no room for interpretation, imho. Anti vaxxing, anti goverment plans to end the pandemic & pro violence. f*** it! Why did he say that?
And the Vegas crowd celebrates this statement. This is surreal.
They don't want vaccine passports. Vive Le France!

Look what's happening in Paris the last couple of days and today. I am 100% sure it's pro people's protests against goverments restrictions for anti vaxxers.
I don't get it either. I would say unease is the right word. It is a dubious message, if there is one, as Morrissey is completely disconnected from the lives of those working class people. Those yellow jackets, these protestors, one still sees them on television, there are around 150,000 people each saturday walking in the streets in all the country, are unconscious as they play with their health, they are not vaccinated (whereas it is possible for free - it is paid by national health in France too) they don't wear any mask.
Hearing him encouraging those people for another Revolution is surrealist - there won't be, the last one was in year 1789 ! Recent protests against working laws which basically give less and less rights on recently unemployed people, always end in blood, with cops throwing milatary grenades towards people or even shooting plastic balls so powerful than there are often casualties - people protesting peacifully being hurt, with eyes destroyed, snatched hand, hole in the arm, it is so violent that no parent could let their adolescents protesting in the streets - policemen are armed like soldiers whereas protesting is a right guaranted by the law - police has to protect people but they spread fear and terror.

Morrissey is clearly not relevant, it is like his reaction after the political debate between Marine Lepen (French National Front) and Emmanuel Macron (Conservator - French Torie) for the presidential election in 2017: Morrissey had said that Lepen won the debate and was more convincing than Macron whereas she said completely silly things about the economy o over the top that she had to hide her ignorance behind wickedness when speaking face to face with Macron.

Las Vegas - Being inside the venue seeing that sequence with the picture of a protestor handing a French Flag with Morrissey asking for a new revolutionn would have cast an unease in the house for a French fan. But that's entertainment, people -who are buying tickets for his shows -have to endure these pregnant pauses - embarassing, isn't it

They don't want vaccine passports. Vive Le France!
Let's be real. It's a worldwide event but hitting Australia, France and the UK the hardest. The USA is revving up now too since the bait & switch approval of the vax. People are leaving their jobs for ones where the vax isn't mandated. I predict the employers that mandate will not survive. The love for the people is appreciated. Very few artists have the balls to say this.

Just a bit of simple detective work and some luck. A friend and I knew Morrissey was in Auckland for an upcoming show as he'd been filmed by a local TV station arriving at the airport. The next day my friend rung around the 5 star hotels in town asking for Morrissey. I think on the 2nd or 3rd hotel the operator replied 'yes the Morrissey band is here' and was just about to connect him to Morrissey's room when obviously someone on the other side intervened and the call wasn't put through. No worries we at least knew the hotel they were all staying at.

Soooo the very next day we headed into town and aforementioned hotel. Once we got there frankly we had no idea what to do next so we just started walking around and then across the atrium we spotted Moz and Alain walking towards the escalators. Hearts in mouths we rushed to try and get downstairs to the lobby as fast as our little legs would carry us by which stage they'd disappeared!

To the right was the main restaurant and I took a peek inside, it was only around 5pm and 2 people were sat down, one to our back to us, but I'd know that quiff anywhere. We sauntered up, clearly very nervous and probably expecting to be told to maybe come back after their meal but both Moz and Alain were very lovely, very chatty and gave us around 10-15 mins of their time. The old adage of 'never meet your heroes' certainly didn't apply in my case.
That's rad. Will you come help me find the suede boys on their tour in may? I need an intrepid friend, no more of these damp dish rags who don't know to meet any famous people.

Also I'm quite convinced that "never meet your heroes" would not apply in the suede boys cases either, particularly not in the case of one dreamyneil as he is super nice.

brendanbuckley~1630255157~2651094869242875083_46112176.jpg

Nobody has told Brendan that the IG tag he's using isn't official :)
Anyway, for those interested, the bass drum head (and occasional backdrop) is sourced from Tony Silver's graffiti film: "Style Wars" (1983).
Regards,
FWD.

I’m glad I took my kid to a Broadway show— Suedehead, Everyday is Like Sunday and First of the Gang. Maybe this setlist shows the lack of Boz’s musical direction? And what are the current odds in Vegas on when the Canadian tuxedo appears? Still love you Moz.

That's rad. Will you come help me find the suede boys on their tour in may? I need an intrepid friend, no more of these damp dish rags who don't know to meet any famous people.

Also I'm quite convinced that "never meet your heroes" would not apply in the suede boys cases either, particularly not in the case of one dreamyneil as he is super nice.
I'm stuck in interminable lockdown in NZ as our intrepid PM attempts to wipe out Covid 4eva.

Terrible setlist. Stop playing covers that no one cares about! You're f**king Morrissey, you have at least 40+ songs that are 10/10s. Why waste everyone's time on second hand renditions of OK at best material*?

*Wedding Bell Blues is God awful and annoying, worse than Golden Lights. I worked at Kmart nights as a teen, and they played that crap song every night.
LMAO and I love everything you said and your spirit, but I have one exception: I love Wedding Bell Blues! So sorry.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom