Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Sep. 5, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Morning Starship / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Had No One Ever / Half A Person / Love Is On Its Way Out / Satan Rejected My Soul / The Lazy Sunbathers / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Lady Willpower / Back On The Chain Gang / Irish Blood, English Heart // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Cynthia Medellin's FB broadcast & FWD

• Photos posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited:
Makes sense, about the time limit.

And how does the lighting person fit into this, deal with new songs? I’m sure they could improvise with a new song, but they may need to know the songs before hand to get the lighting right, no ?

No, just give them the cues. Or get someone to call it.

I hope Morrissey doesn't start to feel the love for Alain's return moving in on his turf. He can be a fickle one this Moz.
Good point. He seemed amused with the reaction to Deano Butterscotch on Quarry tour and TV slots back then. Deano didn't last long but maybe he just wanted to do something different.

I doubt they had a press list.

There's probably not much mileage in sneaking in to slag him like creep from the Quietus did last March.

And there's no buzz. Yet.

Soundboard of shoplifter drums from Vegas?

Saw this posted on Brendan's Insta:

Mmmm You meant co written songs yes he has good ones. Like if you don't like me don't loo at me, the new great one. Once I saw the river clean,from too if my head Alain has co written only two good ones from each vynil you mention. Too. Plus Jess has more modern rock style Wich i like too. So no no lowest. Both musicians I like
Playing loud rock and roll doesn't mean that he is doing a great piece of music. The songs from world peace on has been the most plane music ever done in Morrissey's career, jesse should be out, not Boz

Good point. He seemed amused with the reaction to Deano Butterscotch on Quarry tour and TV slots back then. Deano didn't last long but maybe he just wanted to do something different.
Yeah Deano didn't seem like a permanent fixture to me. H was just passing through.

I doubt they had a press list.

There's probably not much mileage in sneaking in to slag him like creep from the Quietus did last March.

And there's no buzz. Yet.
Yet? It’s too late for buzz isn’t it?

No, just give them the cues. Or get someone to call it.

Sorry what do you mean? I know you work in the theater, but isn’t it different for the changes within a song?

Sorry what do you mean? I know you work in the theater, but isn’t it different for the changes within a song?

You can just write the cue down - on your trail, moves stage right etc.

Or you can have someone who knows the songs tell the lighting operator when to press go.

I thought for most big artists like Morrissey, New Order etc, the lighting element of the shows was computerised rather than manual. New Order in the main rehearse at the drummers barn but for final rehearsals they use the full light show to ensure it's all choreographed correctly to the music. Here's a pic of their crew taking everything down from their rehearsal space ready for their shows this week and the 2nd pic is it all set up again in Halifax last night ready for tonights gig.

D03CC53A-DFD4-4284-98B4-3E304B22696D.jpeg
74C4A416-00D4-42CB-BCA5-0AD5E301AF9A.jpeg

Last edited:
You can just write the cue down - on your trail, moves stage right etc.

Or you can have someone who knows the songs tell the lighting operator when to press go.
But it seems more complicated than just saying press go. Thanks for your replies anyway.
I thought for most big artists like Morrissey, New Order etc, the lighting element of the shows was computerised rather than manual. New Order in the main rehearse at the drummers barn but for final rehearsals they use the full light show to ensure it's all choreographed correctly to the music. Here's a pic of their crew taking everything down from their rehearsal space ready for their shows this week and the 2nd pic is it all set up again in Halifax last night ready for tonights gig.

View attachment 76120View attachment 76119

But for N.O I would think their drummer is playing to a click because of all the electronics involved, more automized.
Where as M it’s more fluid, so I’d imagine the lighting person to some extent knows the song but would make slight changes along the way(?).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom