Laurie Kynaston to play Johnny Marr in "Steven"

Links posted by tyronepowebottom (original post):

38703_laurie_kynaston.jpg

Never taking this t-shirt off. Thank you to my incredible make up artist Laura Hartney who I just worked with on the film STEVEN. I got to play Johnny Marr. It was f***in awesome.

Last edited:
A film still in the creative process, it's hard to imagine where this is coming from, where it is going and how it will end up. Still I pray...
Two words to this, to Morrissey and many more, such as the Trump of music - mentally ill Maccartney - 'Farewell, bastards'.

I would still take Jesse (hard to say) over this Howdy Doody looking guy that looks nothing like John Maher even as a teenager. It's kind of sad that Morrissey doesn't even care anymore to stop this.

i have been working in Manchester while this filming has been going on. I'm as confused as anyone as to why Maher gets a role in a film about the teenage Morrissey. Morrissey was 23 in 1982. M & M didnt meet until then.....yes? Maher's hair was shoulder length like Morrissey's in the 70s. Oh, what am i wittering on about.......i don't care......i'm 43 for goodness sake.......
Morrissey first met Johnny at a Patti Smith concert when Johnny was 14 or so. I don't have autobiography on me right now so I don't know the exact year but they met before 1982, so it makes sense that a young Johnny is included in the film

Wonder how big of a role he'll have. Will the movie end with him knocking and Steven answering. Kinda curious

It's gonna be a great ! It's got me in it, Benny 4kin Butcher and now Johnny 4kin Marr.
I'm not allowed to say anymore.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Morrissey first met Johnny at a Patti Smith concert when Johnny was 14 or so. I don't have autobiography on me right now so I don't know the exact year but they met before 1982, so it makes sense that a young Johnny is included in the film

Yes they were at the same Patti Smith gig but I don't think they actually met. Doubt if this film has the budget to recreate a Patti Smith gig.

Nice! I can see it all coming together nicely. He DOES look a bit like our god after all.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom