Lethal Amounts: "How Juan Gabriel and Chavela Vargas Set the Stage for Morrissey’s Most Fervent Fans" (June 10, 2021)

4.jpg

"Halfway around the world and far removed from the plight of pasty white Morrissey fans in Manchester stood Juan Gabriel and Chavela Vargas. These late Latin performers of traditional Mexican ranchera music are national treasures in their own right. What’s incredible to those who’ve never heard of either is the undeniable archetype they form when teasing and tangling with the same tales told by Morrissey. Lost love, silence on sexual identity, toying with gender roles, social alienation, searching for acceptance and having a few too many drinks were just some of the shared lyrical fodder."

Noticed via a Jesse IG story:

Screenshot_20210610-185214~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

and far removed from the plight of pasty white Morrissey fans in Manchester’

:lbf:

Well, now an L.A pasty white if that’s possible.
I reckon California Son's ass isn't even pasty white! He and his wife Nancy lay out on their sundeck in Malibu nude! California Son always has a great tan goin' on. I reckon the entire "Mexican fans in Moz Angeles" is blown so out of proportion. I reckon go to a concert in Moz Angeles or any other city in California and see all the different types of fans there. It's what sells and makes him money and that's what an American Capitalist like California Son is all about, but duping the delusional Brittish fans for 38 years is more pathetic than anything m8 tit twat colour chipper churry inn n nn nnn n nnn nnn it.

What an odd comment bearing in mind the man himself is from Manchester and is very pasty white.
I reckon stop it. Stop trying to rationalize your delusional fantasy. You are the last of the delusional psycho international fans. There are no photos, no school or work records, no friends except for some old Brittish perv from the importance of being California Son lying saying he was "his friend" that would come over and watch TV in Liverchester or Mankchaster or whatever it's called. HE CALLS HIMSELF THE CALIFORNIA SON, not the Beach Mouth or Altrichchchachacham son. Wake up and don't post the fake birth certificate from the book "California Son-Oregon Son, the severed alliance." Accept you have been duped by an American surfer dude from the San Fernando Valley called California Son and turn on New Order, Right Said Fred, Big Country or Bob Smith. When people die, no matter what shithole they are from they want to be buried where they are from. California Son has his plot at Hollywood Forever. Go home!!!!! inn nnn n nnnnnnn n n it.

I reckon stop it. Stop trying to rationalize your delusional fantasy. You are the last of the delusional psycho international fans. There are no photos, no school or work records, no friends except for some old Brittish perv from the importance of being California Son lying saying he was "his friend" that would come over and watch TV in Liverchester or Mankchaster or whatever it's called. HE CALLS HIMSELF THE CALIFORNIA SON, not the Beach Mouth or Altrichchchachacham son. Wake up and don't post the fake birth certificate from the book "California Son-Oregon Son, the severed alliance." Accept you have been duped by an American surfer dude from the San Fernando Valley called California Son and turn on New Order, Right Said Fred, Big Country or Bob Smith. When people die, no matter what shithole they are from they want to be buried where they are from. California Son has his plot at Hollywood Forever. Go home!!!!! inn nnn n nnnnnnn n n it.

What do you think about the new album cover?

Danny, who runs Lethal Amounts is a bit of a cock. Thinks he’s some kind of a dark Steve Rubell. You can’t use other people’s art without paying or at least asking their permission.

Pasty white.........imagine coming out with something similar about another race...but it's ok...it's only white people, and they're to blame for everything...obviously.

Every man that ever lived: Lost love, silence on sexual identity, toying with gender roles, social alienation, searching for acceptance, and having a few too many drinks...

Funny thing: Morrissey Lantix fanbase living in the US, especially of Mexican descent, thinks they represent all his Latin American fans.

Not true at all.

Latin America is huge. Morrissey has lots of fans in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru... and has toured all over the continent over the years.

Lost love, loneliness, silence on sexual identity, search for acceptance, defiance of authority and societal moulds... are everywhere. It's archetypical of the human soul. Some people recognize it in themselves, embrace it, and some don't, though it's always been there all the same.

Morrissey's art is about the uneasiness of being a sensitive human being in an insensitive world.

Latin america for your closed mind brain. Love him specially in Mexico. Peru, Chile, argentina .brazil too and of course. Mexican americans living in the USA. thanks to the smiths. I used to listen (Still) since I was 10 in Mexico. Now 40 ..And nothing to do with Juan Gabriel or Chabela vargas. I never listen to them to like Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom