Let's help Moz

willbates4

Hello All,

Hope all is well with you!

This is my first post on here in possibly a decade.

I've been a life long moz fan but fell out of love with the community aspect in recent years though I find now as good as time to reignite the latest flame.

First things first - f*** heads at the Simpsons.

It almost broke my heart to read the response morrissey gave to the episode on morrissey central. Even more so to read and conclude that for the most part of his later career has just been a long string of legal battles.

It pains me to see media coverage portraying him in such a way as they do. In previous years this post would have more to do with my sycophantic views towards my beloved moz however as time goes on my perception towards him has become a lot more objective, less bias and more grounded.

Instead I'd like to suggest that we all do what we can to help support, I'm thinking of setting up a crowd funding site to see if we can generate enough money to fund legal proceedings or at the very least gain enough traction to empower not only moz but us, as fans, as a collective(which I know is very often not the case). In response to the negatity that is always put out there to do with us as fans and morrissey himself.

Again, this is not something I would usually do but after reading his statement made me die a little inside (especially his sign off)

If you think the above would work or have any other ideas I'd love to hear them

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will

Hello All,

I've been a life long moz fan but fell out of love with the community aspect in recent years though I find now as good as time to reignite the latest flame.

It almost broke my heart to read the response morrissey gave to the episode on morrissey central. Even more so to read and conclude that for the most part of his later career has just been a long string of legal battles.

It pains me to see media coverage portraying him in such a way as they do. In previous years this post would have more to do with my sycophantic views towards my beloved moz however as time goes on my perception towards him has become a lot more objective, less bias and more grounded.

Instead I'd like to suggest that we all do what we can to help support, I'm thinking of setting up a crowd funding site to see if we can generate enough money to fund legal proceedings or at the very least gain enough traction to empower not only moz but us, as fans, as a collective(which I know is very often not the case). In response to the negatity that is always put out there to do with us as fans and morrissey himself.

Again, this is not something I would usually do but after reading his statement made me die a little inside (especially his sign off)

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will
Hoooooooo boy. Popcorn time.

Hello All,

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will
Morrissey is rich enough to look after himself. I think you are wasting your time on legal action because there's nothing in The Simpsons episode which could be considered defamation, and there were, it would probably be covered by the defence of parody.
My view is that Morrissey himself has done far more damage to himself and his career than a 22-minute cartoon ever could, and now he seems to have a manager that is keen to help him.

Hello All,

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will

Just send him positive thoughts & messages.

There's no point in getting tied up in legal action when it's a public perception issue.

Morrissey is rich enough to look after himself. I think you are wasting your time on legal action because there's nothing in The Simpsons episode which could be considered defamation, and there were, it would probably be covered by the defence of parody.
My view is that Morrissey himself has done far more damage to himself and his career than a 22-minute cartoon ever could, and now he seems to have a manager that is keen to help him.
What you doing here lad?

Hello All,

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will

Sometimes it is worth being guided by common sense than emotions because you can expose yourself to ridicule. You better do if you pay some money for any animal shelter or something like that . I can't deny you good intentions but ...

I'm ready to do my bit. I'mma ask Aunt Nancy to bake cookies and sell them to Vietnam vets (not doggies' doctors,.. although on second thoughts, every little helps.) Miley Citrus can help with the lemonade stand...Let's get organized!!!

I'm ready to do my bit. I'mma ask Aunt Nancy to bake cookies and sell them to Vietnam vets (not doggies' doctors,.. although on second thoughts, every little helps.) Miley Citrus can help with the lemonade stand...Let's get organized!!!

...and I'm going to hold a meat raffle to raise money as well.

🧐

first log in in 10 yrs for this sleeper skinny troll:mad:
btw none of you mediocre trolls have money to buy a head of lettuce:)

Three Stooges Face Palm GIF

Hello All,

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will
This has to be to the stupidest thing I have read on here in a while, and that is saying a lot! Crowdfunding? For a rich pop star who got his feelings hurt by a cartoon? I suggest that you put your time and effort into something that actually matters.

Hello All,

Thank again

VIVA MOZ

Will
1. I pay enough for the products he puts out and tickets for gigs. Willingly. Happy to fork out. That’s the only way he’s getting my money.
2. If you did this, it would raise about £54, the press will get wind of it and use it as further ammunition. Please don’t do this.

Just send him positive thoughts & messages.

There's no point in getting tied up in legal action when it's a public perception issue.
:thumb:

My view is that Morrissey himself has done far more damage to himself

Not saying Morrissey has no share in the blame, but do you really believe that the media and current culture climate had and has no hand in the shaping of the current Morrissey image?

Back
Top Bottom