Linder on Morrissey in Guardian (18/01/2020)

A very nice interview with Linder Sterling in today’s The Guardian:

How the artist Linder went from Orgasm Addict to Chatsworth House - Observer Design

Excerpt:

She also became known as Morrissey’s muse and went on to photograph him extensively in the early 90s as he toured the US. “We shared the same taste, liked the same books,” she says. “We shared a house for a brief period in Whalley Range – it was a red-light district then.” With his counterintuitive views on the far-right For Britain party, Morrissey is a touchy subject these days, but Linder is loyal. “We’ve always disagreed,” she says. “It’s a healthy disagreement, the sort that comes with unconditional love.”

Just a shame about the unnecessary framing, The Guardian.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the article. But the real treat came at the end, where readers are asked to make a financial donation to support The Guardian’s “open” open journalism.

“Everyone’s laughing!”

Have you seen the one where they ask for money so they can fight climate change? Why don't they just go pickpocket Extinction Rebellion while they're chained to a bus.

I enjoyed the article. But the real treat came at the end, where readers are asked to make a financial donation to support The Guardian’s “open” journalism.

“Everyone’s laughing!”

Have you seen the one where they ask for money so they can fight climate change? Why don't they just go pickpocket Extinction Rebellion while they're chained to a bus.

I think it's shoestring journalism...they've operated like that for a few years I think.

I always viewed her as a stupid cow. There is always some annoying woman that hangs after musicians and most of the time they seem to have something to do with Holland.
Ridiculous comment. Not only did she produce artwork for bands but she was in a band herself. So yes she hung out with musicians.....

I think it's shoestring journalism...they've operated like that for a few years I think.

Yeah, it's pretty tight. They used to rely on Auto Trader (hilarious for their environmental cred), but now they're reduced to pushing global digital, which means hundreds of short, clickable opinion pieces about race, gender or whatever their target demographic is flapping their gums about.

All sound & fury & signifying nothing.

The wonderful Linder shows twats like Skinny how to disagree like an adult. Moz is allowed to express views on immigration and Islam - as we all are - doesn't mean he needs to be crucified.

You make a good point here actually.
It's a shame he (Skinny) feels the need to consistently frame things the way he does, either under his own name, or via 'anon' identities (which he disputes/denies of course).
Quite why he feels the need to be like that, I have no idea, but it certainly displays a high level of immaturity for a man, unbelievably, aged 52.
He seems to derive pleasure from spreading his contrary views on here (& I believe Twitter - something I read on here yesterday in another post), while at the same time is intolerant of others' views which differ from his own, then, confusingly, goes on to call the others 'bigots'. Just doesn't add up.

Ridiculous comment. Not only did she produce artwork for bands but she was in a band herself. So yes she hung out with musicians.....
Bad taste in music and bad taste in clothes so she had to steal some attention from those with great music and great fashion.
Why does an old lady like that dress like a desperate 14 year old heading to the rave in the 90's?.
Ludus was ludicrous.

That is nice.

Counterintuitive is an odd choice of word, might be vaguely coming round to the idea that Moz thinks he's still leftish.

I can't believe they have the nerve after their antisemitic editorial.

Also wish someone would outright talk him out of his Anne Marie odyssey. He can say he was wrong about her politics (because he is!!) without being horrible to her as a person & also he has an excuse - as a gobby LGBT Vegan performer, it's not unjustified that he got unnerved by militant Islam (just not necessary).

So their can be militant Islam but not militant Jews?
anti-Semitism is a term coined about 100 years ago and people still don't even know what a Semite is. That word is meaningless

Exactly.... why? To promote her new venture... Morrissey will have to really dig deep and forgive for this one,...

If he can see past the bad thing, he'll notice a nice thing & an equivocal thing was said about him in a newspaper which hates him. Which is not bad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom