Linder on Morrissey in Guardian (18/01/2020)

A very nice interview with Linder Sterling in today’s The Guardian:

How the artist Linder went from Orgasm Addict to Chatsworth House - Observer Design

Excerpt:

She also became known as Morrissey’s muse and went on to photograph him extensively in the early 90s as he toured the US. “We shared the same taste, liked the same books,” she says. “We shared a house for a brief period in Whalley Range – it was a red-light district then.” With his counterintuitive views on the far-right For Britain party, Morrissey is a touchy subject these days, but Linder is loyal. “We’ve always disagreed,” she says. “It’s a healthy disagreement, the sort that comes with unconditional love.”

Just a shame about the unnecessary framing, The Guardian.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The rational and mature insights that Linder exhibits are sadly lost on many.

That is nice.

Counterintuitive is an odd choice of word, might be vaguely coming round to the idea that Moz thinks he's still leftish.

I can't believe they have the nerve after their antisemitic editorial.

Also wish someone would outright talk him out of his Anne Marie odyssey. He can say he was wrong about her politics (because he is!!) without being horrible to her as a person & also he has an excuse - as a gobby LGBT Vegan performer, it's not unjustified that he got unnerved by militant Islam (just not necessary).

Why is Linder described as Morrissey's muse & not Morrissey as Linder's muse?

I thought she was older, was already an established artist when he was just hanging about & took photos of him?

Why is Linder described as Morrissey's muse & not Morrissey as Linder's muse?

I thought she was older, was already an established artist when he was just hanging about & took photos of him?

I believe she had a far greater impact on him.

Would have been nice if she did the artwork for IANADOAC.

Wonder if there was ever a time he considered or both of them worked on any ideas in the past for a cover.

Last edited:
Off topic, has been.
It’s all in the past, we know everything there is to know about her.

This belongs in the pigsty.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Depending, that might make her more of a mentor.

A muse tends to be lower status & they're part of your work, rather than you part of their work.

But I didn't even exist back then, so I can only guess! :)

Depending, that might make her more of a mentor.

A muse tends to be lower status & they're part of your work, rather than you part of their work.

But I didn't even exist back then, so I can only guess! :)

Well, Morrissey is that much richer because of his friendship with her.

I always viewed her as a stupid cow. There is always some annoying woman that hangs after musicians and most of the time they seem to have something to do with Holland.

Off topic, has been.
It’s all in the past, we know everything there is to know about her.

This belongs in the pigsty.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
See benny, nobody replying, nobody interested, only me!!! Now where’s that black coffee....

Would have been nice if she did the artwork for IANADOAC.

Wonder if there was ever a time he considered or both of them worked on any ideas in the past for a cover.

Well, they sort of did work on album artwork together, didn't they? Linder took the photos used on the cover of Your Arsenal and Beethoven Was Deaf, as well as several Arsenal-era singles and the redesigned edition of Southpaw Grammar.

Well, they sort of did work on album artwork together, didn't they? Linder took the photos used on the cover of Your Arsenal and Beethoven Was Deaf, as well as several Arsenal-era singles and the redesigned edition of Southpaw Grammar.
Didn’t Linder do a series of photos called morrissey shot...

That is nice.

Counterintuitive is an odd choice of word, might be vaguely coming round to the idea that Moz thinks he's still leftish.

I can't believe they have the nerve after their antisemitic editorial.

Also wish someone would outright talk him out of his Anne Marie odyssey. He can say he was wrong about her politics (because he is!!) without being horrible to her as a person & also he has an excuse - as a gobby LGBT Vegan performer, it's not unjustified that he got unnerved by militant Islam (just not necessary).

It’ll happen. At some point she’ll put one foot wrong in his eyes and he’ll immediately and harshly denounce her. Then he’ll latch on to someone else who he is 99% oblivious about except for one aspect of who they are which he is enamoured with and the cycle repeats.

I reckon this is a blarmey c*** tit bloomin' onion. Reckon how can this article make her out to be Margaret Thatcher when she lives in Reseda and her son Max surfs everyday on Redondo Beach and talks like Jeff Spicoli mate inn nn nnnn nnnnnn nnnnnn it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom