"List of the Lost" physical copy picture posted by @ariel_mcdowall / Twitter

If established proverbs were allowed modern day updates, I think a famous one would now read 'Don't judge a book based on an ensuing Twitter shitstorm'. Admittedly that doesn't have as much of a ring to it but I think there's some sense in that

Well, yes, except, to update another proverb, one person's opinion on Twitter does not a Twitter shitstorm make.

One thing for certain, given the varied posts about his music on these Solo boards, is that some will see it as the best written document since the Bible whilst others wouldn't wipe their arse with it. I can't remember there being a consensus on this site about anything ever. All I can say is that he better be good at writing as his days in the music biz seem to be drawing to a close. Or it will be solving crossword and Sudoku puzzles by the fire in his old age.

only those in an insane asylum can think this to be well written.
'the cartwright brothers posses as natural and capable masculinity' wtf? he could be writing about cole slaw and still make it gay.

bonanza has been off the air for over 30 years whats he thinking of?

Re: Picture of physical copy of The List of The Lost

SPOILER ahead

The sentence she quotes and cites as being "appalling" is problematic for more than just its needless alliteration: 'Our four favoured athletes have the task of relaying in relay and can therefore knock aside bothersome border boundaries as they guard each other's bodies as if all amounted to just the one.'

It's overwritten to the point where it is rendered abstruse, the kind of garbled purple prose that rarely serves the story being told, because the idea conveyed is lost in the swirling maelstrom of excess words. The excerpt of dialogue shared by Penguin last week was concise, poignant, and flowed with ease, unlike the sentence above. Hopefully most of the text is closer to the former.

I agree to an extent that this type of writing should have been expected considering what we got with Autobiography, but I still find it baffling that someone who could understand the potency of economic writing so well as a lyricist would write prose in this way. Of course, I reserve full judgement until after I have the book in my hands and have read it cover to cover.

Could he be writing sober and drunk it explains the flow .

Re: Picture of physical copy of The List of The Lost

Oh wow - three pages on BONANZA??? I know I should reserve judgement until I've actually read the book - but really, how could something like this get past Penguin's editors? Unless they were desperate to fill pages?

Just ordered via iBooks. As Evennow says above, there will be some who rave about this, no matter what it's like. Is there some sort of meta-critic of book reviews, that collects reviews and averages them out? I'd say that would be a fair reflection. Also on Amazon, iBooks, the newspapers...

P.

lol, the ravers really get to you, don't they?

o no.
the reviewer on goodreads gives the book 3 out of 5 stars simply because he loves moz, otherwise it would be deserving of none.
this is not good.
the cowboy from bonanza wearing lilac hued silk pantalones.....its all so bizarre.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" physical copy picture posted by @ariel_mcdowall / Twitter

Oh wow - three pages on BONANZA??? I know I should reserve judgement until I've actually read the book - but really, how could something like this get past Penguin's editors? Unless they were desperate to fill pages?

Someone might be having you on again, or employing poetic licence...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's often the case that those who can write great poetry can't write prose and vice versa. This is why I stick to dark Satanic novellas. x

Just ordered via iBooks. As Evennow says above, there will be some who rave about this, no matter what it's like. Is there some sort of meta-critic of book reviews, that collects reviews and averages them out? I'd say that would be a fair reflection. Also on Amazon, iBooks, the newspapers...

P.

Why do you need too know what everyone in the world who reads this book thinks about it? Just read it, and make up your own mind. Other people's thoughts are irrelevant, particularly yours!

R

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" physical copy picture posted by @ariel_mcdowall / Twitter

Someone might be having you on again, or employing poetic licence...

Well I certainly hope that's the case. I hope all the trolling of the book before it's been released doesn't end up being more entertaining than the book itself -

Why do you need too know what everyone in the world who reads this book thinks about it? Just read it, and make up your own mind. Other people's thoughts are irrelevant, particularly yours!

R

Riiigghhht.....so you won't be reading any reviews, because they're all irrelevant. Gotcha. Something tells me if the early doors signs were good, you wouldn't be saying this, and you're laying the floor for the sadness to come. But, you know, very few of us have read it. We're all free to go to Amazon, iBooks, etc and leave our reviews. But I get you won't be reading them. I'll be reading it in the next couple of days, and making my own mind up. Just like you suggest. Hundreds of others will too. Some will post reviews. Their 'irrelevant' reviews.

Last edited:
only those in an insane asylum can think this to be well written.
'the cartwright brothers posses as natural and capable masculinity' wtf? he could be writing about cole slaw and still make it gay.

bonanza has been off the air for over 30 years whats he thinking of?

Well, I know what I'm thinking of...gay coleslaw! :lbf:

I think what we are driving at here is:

From the Autobiography to The List of the Lost
There is but one concern
we have just discovered:

Some syntax is better than others
Some alliterations are stronger than others
Some paragraphs are extremely longer than
Other long paragraphs

There's more to Moz than books you know.

Grandpa Benny always used to say "don't go throwing good money after bad money" so I'm gonna hold fire, see what the reaction is, you never know how soon it's gonna be out in the Oxfam book shop. There's certainly no need for any of this "mania malarky" we have been witnessing recently at the four last ever United KingDum performances.
Is it out in BIG PRINT for us dumb 4cks in the KingDum ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Maybe a future film based on the book?? The idea just came to me.

sam can do the film version of the book on his iphone. boz can play hoss cartwright and damon can play little joe.
soloman can do a guest spot as hop sing. johnny can do his bit as adam the older son who suddenly disappeared after a couple of seasons. moz can be the patriarch ben.
(its all gone so very wrong)
BAM box office god.

I had a flick thru it at work this afternoon ... it mentions muscular youths on page 1 and names the 4 characters . Cannot remember the names but none are hispanic ... more like Dallow , Spicer etc etc . Sentences seem too full of themselves to give an easy narrative. .. hmv are giving away a free poster with each copy while stock lasts fyi

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom