Live Shot - Morrissey Central

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
(Originally posted in the thread Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours)

Ok - one last thing - do you think this post of a montage pic of him in his Smiths days with Elvis & his band is his mini-burn back at Marr?

Live Shot - Morrissey Central
November 9, 2019

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's about whether the things are qualitatively or artistically well done. It's about the nephew's work ultimately having to be authorized by Morrisey in order to access these channels. If he does that, he's fully behind it. But if the nephew has a free hand and finds this answer funny as a picture collage to protect his uncle against Marr's frarage allusion, then it only shows how much Morrissey doesn't understand that publicity work is important. Permanent montages with dead legends are not helpful in the effort to get back in touch with the music world and receding european fanbase. It is narcissistic and unworldly.
We like to blame Sam, but at least 80% of the time it isn't Sam's work. It's often a fan who's made the picture and put it on social media, as was the case with this one. As tedious as these constant montages are for us, I think it's a nice thing to do- acknowledging fanart. It makes the fans really happy.

How does that matter? Fatshaming pig.
That is the funniest thing ever. You call him a pig, used as a slur because of its weight and complaining about fatshaming at the same time.

We like to blame Sam, but at least 80% of the time it isn't Sam's work. It's often a fan who's made the picture and put it on social media, as was the case with this one. As tedious as these constant montages are for us, I think it's a nice thing to do- acknowledging fanart. It makes the fans really happy.

But most of the time the fans aren't credited.

No-talent Sam strikes again, with another embarrassment. His uncle, pleased as ever, reacts as if he's a homeless person blown away by cheap street magic. Pathetic.

Combine pics of Morrissey and some dead famous person and Team Moz is happy. f*** knows why!

Having said that, I've just figured it out!

Take another musician. Say, John Lennon. Now, it only takes a Google search to find pics of Lennon with other famous people. Team Moz can't post pics of Morrissey with other famous people, so they post any fake shit. No matter who created it. It just has to feature Morrissey and some dead famous person. Pathetic really.

The real issue with Smiths 2020 is probably not who plays the guitar, nor it's political.
Smiths 2020 would be suicidal for Morrissey.
He managed to build a stable band with people who are otherwise sessionist musicians who can perfectly work for other artists or bands. They are loyal to him, but their loyalty is certainly backed up by a salary (which is obvious, none of them is probably rich enough as to work for free). I don't think Morrissey can tell them "give me a year, I will be having fun with my old pals... I'll phone you when I'm done... explore life as a homeless in the meanwhile!".

His other option would be to pay them without giving them work during the "Smiths adventure"... but The Smiths involves dividing the earnings a 25% between 4 persons. Rourke and Joyce won't work without their 25%.

And the future of The Smiths would always be fragile if they actually united... a new album would be a bit weird, a tour can't last forever (unless you are into the Sisters of Mercy, who managed to keep their promotion tour of Vision Thing since 1990!)... And they don't even get along very well, so it's not easy to work together.

So it would be suicidal, even if he wanted to... and probably he doesn't want to!

Reality on the guitar!!!

The real issue with Smiths 2020 is probably not who plays the guitar, nor it's political.
Smiths 2020 would be suicidal for Morrissey.
He managed to build a stable band with people who are otherwise sessionist musicians who can perfectly work for other artists or bands. They are loyal to him, but their loyalty is certainly backed up by a salary (which is obvious, none of them is probably rich enough as to work for free). I don't think Morrissey can tell them "give me a year, I will be having fun with my old pals... I'll phone you when I'm done... explore life as a homeless in the meanwhile!".

His other option would be to pay them without giving them work during the "Smiths adventure"... but The Smiths involves dividing the earnings a 25% between 4 persons. Rourke and Joyce won't work without their 25%.

And the future of The Smiths would always be fragile if they actually united... a new album would be a bit weird, a tour can't last forever (unless you are into the Sisters of Mercy, who managed to keep their promotion tour of Vision Thing since 1990!)... And they don't even get along very well, so it's not easy to work together.

So it would be suicidal, even if he wanted to... and probably he doesn't want to!

Reality on the guitar!!!
I'm sure that Rourke and Joyce will settle for 10%:thumb:

Funny how it was Marr who left The Smiths but it's Morrissey who is to decide if they'd ever work together again. When Marr wanted to do it, according to Morrissey's book, it was too late...

We all carry a bit more weight as we get older. When you hit 60 perhaps you'll see .

Yep 5k a night 4 nights a week. I used to do a couple of half marathons a year for charity and back in the day when this site wasn't as vile, members used to sponsor me

Makes me laugh how people (who allegedly) run, always use kilometers instead of miles to say how far they have run, simply bcos, of course 5km sounds more impressive than (ahem) 3 miles.

You are a running narcissist as well as a thread conversation narcissist.

We all carry a bit more weight as we get older. When you hit 60 perhaps you'll see .

Really?
I'm 93 & the same weight as I was when I was 20...I run 25 miles per week & ppl sponsor me...my last sponsor was microban...I do alot of work for ch...harridy mate.
Just sayin'...
Have I told you all this already...sorry if I'm thread-hogging.

It's almost as though he believes that by signing other people's records and shoe-horning dead legends into clumsy photoshops that he thinks he can join their league as opposed to just being a burnt out has-been with a black mark on his record. Racist Grandpa in a frenzy, I know, I know it's tedious.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom