Lloyd Cole

Just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know that he's playing the

Theatre Royal, St.Helens on the 6th of May..Nice warm up before Moz on the 10th.

Just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know that he's playing the

Theatre Royal, St.Helens on the 6th of May..Nice warm up before Moz on the 10th.

Thanks for letting us know. Doesn't seem to be a London date planned.
I love loads of LC songs but I'm really bored of his solo acoustic live shows.
He has a fantastic gift for arranging his songs and many of them had great melody lines which you simply can't hear when he's on his own with just one guitar.
Also, the quietness of the shows means you constantly hear people chatting away at the back. He doesn't have to reform the Commotions but a backing band would improve his live shows immeasurably.

lloyd cole gig in belfast

for anyone coming over to belfast to see mozz on 2nd may....lloyd cole is playing in a tiny venue called Black Box on the evening before...thats if you're not in omagh...

He's allowing people to be investors, so to speak. Plus, you get the album first. Plus he is including a 2nd disc of demos and outtakes that won't be for sale otherwise.

He's allowing people to be investors, so to speak. Plus, you get the album first. Plus he is including a 2nd disc of demos and outtakes that won't be for sale otherwise.

I'm waiting for my paycheck so's I can plunk down.... Just curious, are you buying into this? I'm just wondering as to how this investor situation will unfold. I recently paid almost as much for his rarities box set -- there is an enormous part of me that says "no way jose" to paying that much for a single record plus bonus disc.

He says he needs 2500 folks to buy in - I'm assuming that's not just a throwaway number - which at $45 = $112,500. I guess that is the equivalent to a record company's advance for a solo artist? I have no idea. Again, I'm interested to see this play out. Gotta say, love Lloyd Cole. Like Moz and Leonard Cohen, he's aging very well and has never sold out, imho. :)

I'm waiting for my paycheck so's I can plunk down.... Just curious, are you buying into this? I'm just wondering as to how this investor situation will unfold. I recently paid almost as much for his rarities box set -- there is an enormous part of me that says "no way jose" to paying that much for a single record plus bonus disc.

He says he needs 2500 folks to buy in - I'm assuming that's not just a throwaway number - which at $45 = $112,500. I guess that is the equivalent to a record company's advance for a solo artist? I have no idea. Again, I'm interested to see this play out. Gotta say, love Lloyd Cole. Like Moz and Leonard Cohen, he's aging very well and has never sold out, imho. :)

I have a soft spot for His Royal Lloydness. Have to say though, his solo stuff seems to have been even more hit and Moz than Steven Patrick's. Having said that, I heard a song of his fairly recently called Lady in a Pub (or some such) which was absolutely splendid. Go Lloyd!

I have a soft spot for His Royal Lloydness. Have to say though, his solo stuff seems to have been even more hit and Moz than Steven Patrick's. Having said that, I heard a song of his fairly recently called Lady in a Pub (or some such) which was absolutely splendid. Go Lloyd!

LOL, "Woman in a Bar" actually. But that is about as close as you could get without actually getting it! :)

Back
Top Bottom