Lol Tolhurst: The Cure’s Robert Smith at work on ‘Mixed Up,’ ‘In Orange,’ BBC sets

The Seeker of Good Songs

cure.jpg

[tweetmeme]Last October, when Robert Smith announced this year’s deluxe 3CD reissue of Disintegration, he teased fans with ambitious plans for a whole series of Cure archival projects in 2010. Since, then however, not much has been heard about Smith’s promise to release “The Cure In Orange”
ir
on DVD, issue a box set of BBC recordings or put out an expanded edition of Mixed Up.
Thursday, though, former Cure keyboardist Lol Tolhurst — famously sacked after the completion of Disintegration tweeted the following: “Just realized looking thru my recent emails from Robert he tells me that he’s working on the Cure at the BBC and mixed up remaster..oops!,” followed by: “..Not Cure In Orange as previously reported! But anyway the dvd of it should be out soon enough….”
At first blush, it’s good to hear Smith is proceeding with the reissue of the band’s 1990 remix album and compiling the promised box set of BBC live recordings. It’s a little concerning, though, to hear he’s not working on the release of “In Orange,” the band’s beloved and long-out-of-print 1987 concert film.
Luckily, we have a bit of clarification from ever-reliable Cure fan site Chain of Flowers, which got in touch with Tolhurst and reports: “Lol says that Robert has promised him that ‘In Orange’ will be out on DVD in 2011. Also said that work continues on The Cure @ the BBC box set and that should also be out next year.”
More tantalizingly, Chain of Flowers continues: “(Tolhurst) also emailed Robert recently about the possibility of playing some shows together next year for the 30th anniversary of Faith, with the original lineup, and says the ball is now in Robert’s court.” An interesting proposition, particularly since Smith for years has floated the idea of performing concerts with the different lineups from each era of the Cure.

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/20...ge-mixed-up-reissue-robert-smith-lol-tolhurst

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Lol Tolhurst: The Cure’s Robert Smith at work on ‘Mixed Up,’ ‘In Orange,’ BBC set

And about time three! (That's "inflationary language" btw)

But what we really need is an extended DVD reissue of Cure Play Out - with the full J Ross and Unplugged broadcasts as bonuses. Am I not right?!

Re: Lol Tolhurst: The Cure’s Robert Smith at work on ‘Mixed Up,’ ‘In Orange,’ BBC set

What I'm waiting on is a DVD of Show and a reissue of Wish.

Tags
mixed up sucked
Back
Top Bottom