London dates added (O2 Academy, Brixton - Aug. 7, Palladium - Aug. 8)

I'll be there sellin latest Moz shirts.

Front: f*** True to You.c***

Back: Pic of a bird called "Me Julia" words f*** me underneath

Ts in Black only sizes Small,Medium,Large,X Large,Moz or Boz......

When they're gone they're gone get there early doors £5ver each (Worth a fortune in a bit)Limited edition

On 8 March 2011 the message went out after the initial tour announcement that "these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year."

Because of this a lot of people travelled from London and the South to Scotland/the north and/or bought a day ticket for Hop Farm. Now these London dates have been thrust upon us with only a month lead up? These must have been pencilled in all along. This is a very cynical marketing ploy and their announcement comes with no amendment "contrary to previous informartion" or "by extra special demand". I find this very sad and exploitative.

Typical So-Low - 2 additional Morrissey gigs and most of the posts end up being negative. Talk about being ungrateful.

The gradual announcement of batches of shows in dribs and drabs has been standard practice for Morrissey for several years. Personally, I feel it has less to do with cynical attempts to milk the fan's pockets than it does with Morrissey's own preference to keep his options open. Obviously, he feels the live shows are going well, and wants to do more. If things continue to go well, maybe ore dates (and a US tour) will be forthcoming. Why should he commit to a massive slew of dates months in advance? He doesn't owe you anything. If you can't afford to go, or don't want to go to these new shows - don't. No need to bitch about it when plenty of us are looking forward to it.

I think that sometimes for contractual reasons artists can't agree to more live concerts within a specific date as not to miss on tickets sales for previously announced concerts. I'm happy he decided to pla in London, it's a lot easier to get to for a lot more people.

Yawn another Dorrisday drip feed tour yet" his bitches voice" really informative site said "these will be the only blah blah blah dates".

He's going at this like a long drawn out cancerous death and its very sad to witness, SOME(before you get to excited) of his fans have walked with embarresment.

So here is a plea Mr Mozzy Do NOT come to Manchester you are not welcome you have caused us great shame and embarresment with your "mancfester" shitty shittness.

FFS sort yerself out man and get a grip, whats up with yer??

^^ No idea what you sad whining trolls are trying to achieve: the gigs will be sold out (and you'll all be there too, enjoying yourself through clenched teeth). The fact that so many twats put the effort in to find the site AND to write their negative posts is always hilarious.

++++++++++++++ f*** morrissey-solo.com ++++++++++++++

^^ No idea what you sad whining trolls are trying to achieve: the gigs will be sold out (and you'll all be there too, enjoying yourself through clenched teeth). The fact that so many twats put the effort in to find the site AND to write their negative posts is always hilarious.

It's funny how people come on this site for the sole purpose of bad mouthing the only place that provides the most up to date information about Morrissey. I guess people like you think if they throw shit at David and Solo they may be in Morrissey's good books. Morrissey only wants one thing from you: YOUR MONEY. He could care a less about your loyalty. I suggest you visit the Katy Perry or Justin Beiber websites where people your age hang out.

Hey "Buddy" I did'nt need to FIND the site " I am still right here were I always was"
I like this site there is freedom of speech,but Christ the Lord Moz has turned into a Doctor Who Alien and wants to control us!!!
I live in the reall world, I can like his music but on the other I can also tell him to f*** off and stop being a TIT.
I am human and I can form my own opinion, just like everybody else does!!!!!!

Come back to Cheltenham Moz, we will make you very welcome :)

Moz Cheltenham, sounds good! Bring the party I have heard about down here!

Birmingham! it's the Mankfester of the Midlands! symphony hall or 02 academy your choice Moze :p

I also cannot understand why people come on here to slag off Morrissey - although I defend their right to do so.

Leeds on Thursday will be my 19th gig. That's a lot more than many and far less than many too...my first was that M.E.N Arena gig in 2004. I never saw the Smiths.

This tour is proving to be a success, in my opinion. I can't make the London dates, but probably would go to at least 1 of them had I been able. I agree that it seems strange - maybe even a bit exploitative? - that he'd announce a handful of dates on the basis that they were the only UK dates, only then to add a load more and then to add 2 in London. On the other hand, there may be a perfectly good explanation.

My point being that if you're not happy with this, or with the band (who I think play well, actually) or with Morrissey himself, then just don't go to the gigs! Don't buy any more CD's. Don't buy anything else related to Morrissey. In fact, do whatever to satisfy your unhappiness, but WHY come on here to constantly moan?

As I say, I cannot understand it personally.

One final thing - of course he's welcome in Manchester. That's where he needs to add another date. Not the MEN Arena though - that Old Trafford Cricket Ground would have been a good one (it was amazing in 2004). Or maybe a few dates in a few venues, like on the Ringleader tour.

Anyway, see you in Leeds and enjoy London!

Monday night at the London Palladium? Seems a bit odd. Concerts are usually on the Sunday when a theatre production is on during the week. Also, I imagine that anyone from the south east who would have driven hundreds of miles etc. etc. would be pretty committed to the cause and delighted to have seen our man in such intimate and characterful venues with the prospect of more to come.

Exactly - avoiding the obvious venues in the usual locations was a good way of making sure that those who went were the real die-hard fans, and we were rewarded by being able to see Moz in much more intimate venues than usual; sod the cost and the long drive.

On 8 March 2011 the message went out after the initial tour announcement that "these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year."

Because of this a lot of people travelled from London and the South to Scotland/the north and/or bought a day ticket for Hop Farm. Now these London dates have been thrust upon us with only a month lead up? These must have been pencilled in all along. This is a very cynical marketing ploy and their announcement comes with no amendment "contrary to previous informartion" or "by extra special demand". I find this very sad and exploitative.

"Thrust upons us"? You sound like a 24-hour misery guts. Moan moan moan. I bet you will be writing to the trading standards.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Yesterday three years ago, I left a venue overly happy and walking on cloud seven, full of illusions. Yesterday I got half a panic attack at the thought that I may be mislead into going to another concert that might happen in the city that I might be in. I will try hard not to contribute anything anymore, be it positive or negative. Just one note, I find it remarkable how some people manage to write "Yes, he.... (reiterate what somebody wrote), but you are not allowed to write this, even though I just did."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom