London, England - Eventim Apollo (Sep. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Yes, I Am Blind / Oboe Concerto / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You'll Be Gone / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by Morran.

• Morrissey, Eventim Apollo, review: 'baffling' by James Lachno (3 of 5 stars) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Morran and Mike.
  • Review by Andy Page - God Is In The TV. Link posted by Bill Cummings.
  • Photo by denim_shoyts / Instagram (...Full set on @thelineofbestfit soon). Link posted by docinwestchester.

london1.jpg

Last edited:
How was the merchandise (inside and out)?

I'm going tonight

Merchandise was good. I went for a white t with him holding a telephone. Good mixture of t-shirts, pillow case, hoody and a nice black polo shirt.

It was a great gig, got three from the front and was struggling to stand up due to the intensity of the crowd, it was pretty wild, similar to Hull. Everybody there was up for it from what I could see and it was a belter.

A message to the sad sad idiots who come here to post lies - please just die.

How was the merchandise (inside and out)?

I'm going tonight

I did notice lots of bootleg hawkers after the gig outside the tube.
I think hoodies were £10 and tshirts started at £10 then went down to £5.
I think one actually had the Hammersmith dates on the back so that could be worth getting.

Merchandise was good. I went for a white t with him holding a telephone. Good mixture of t-shirts, pillow case, hoody and a nice black polo shirt.

It was a great gig, got three from the front and was struggling to stand up due to the intensity of the crowd, it was pretty wild, similar to Hull. Everybody there was up for it from what I could see and it was a belter.

A message to the sad sad idiots who come here to post lies - please just die.

Many thanks - I'll bring some cash! Wouldn't mind a new tshirt, and a polo shirt!

I remember getting some really nice blue crested cufflinks a few years back at an awesome Sheffield City Hall gig but mine are hanging on for dear life now.. Keeping my eyes open for some new ones!

Many thanks - I'll bring some cash! Wouldn't mind a new tshirt, and a polo shirt!

I remember getting some really nice blue crested cufflinks a few years back at an awesome Sheffield City Hall gig but mine are hanging on for dear life now.. Keeping my eyes open for some new ones!

I'm jealous, really want to go tonight but can't make it. Have a brilliant time, I think its going to be a significant one in the whole Morrissey story.

There's a Hammer-Smiths T-shirt that I bought from the merch stand, £25.

perhaps it would benefit that ticket prices were slashed for tonights final concert so a disaster, like that of last nights, can be averted.
i would scout the adjoining areas for ticket giveaways too. it would be a tactical disaster to have your farewell concert with a half full house.
we cant have buckingham have the last laugh.

Oh look, one of the wanker trolls from over the pond has just got up and not bothered to read the posts from people who attended.

Get a life you sad tosser

Last edited:
Saw no mention of there being a support band, surely there must be one, can anyone confirm there was or there was not one please?

Saw no mention of there being a support band, surely there must be one, can anyone confirm there was or there was not one please?

no theres no support band. he usually doesnt have one.

also anyone expecting moz to do a greatest hits tour has probably not been paying attention or just paying lip service over the years to his style and personality

Well..... as veteran of 30 plus Morrissey Gigs, this was almost my least favourite...... him collapsing in Swindon has got to be the worst. I just thought he was not up for it at all, the set list was very poor.... I am guessing that is because he is playing over two nights and wants to mix it up.

Still the greatest man to trudge on these shores, but a B- for last night I am afraid. Oh Yes.... £65.00 a ticket, what the f*** was that about!!!

No support act.

Just a selection of films/videos played on the stage backdrop.

Hence the competitive ticket price.

Oh look, one of the wanker trolls from over the pond has just got up and not bothered to read the posts from people who attended.

Get a life you sad tosser

you are the 'positive moz posting brigade' the cg referred to recently obviously being the source of all the anonymous positivity posts. quit twunking.
dont ruin the GRAND FINALE.

Well..... as veteran of 30 plus Morrissey Gigs, this was almost my least favourite...... him collapsing in Swindon has got to be the worst. I just thought he was not up for it at all, the set list was very poor.... I am guessing that is because he is playing over two nights and wants to mix it up.

Still the greatest man to trudge on these shores, but a B- for last night I am afraid. Oh Yes.... £65.00 a ticket, what the f*** was that about!!!

I wish the set list was mixed up a bit more, but I suspect tonight's set list will be the same aside from 1 song, perhaps 2. Fair enough, as the idea is that there is a new audience, rather than part 1 and part 2 (as he suggested..).

Hmm no support, this will be the first Moz gig I've been to where there has not been any support band, seen some decent bands over the years in support, could really start at 20.00 if no support but then being finished by 21.30 would make people complain

I wish the set list was mixed up a bit more, but I suspect tonight's set list will be the same aside from 1 song, perhaps 2. Fair enough, as the idea is that there is a new audience, rather than part 1 and part 2 (as he suggested..).

Yes I'm hoping he adds something different, it looks a very similar set to when I saw him in March.

no theres no support band. he usually doesnt have one

Really?

I'm not sure that's a view shared by Buffy Saint Marie, Kristeen Young, Doll and the Kicks, Bradford, Sack, The Would-Be's, Phranc, Melissa Ferrick, The Johnson Family, The Planet Rockers, Gallon Drunk, Big Sandy & the Fly-Rite Boys, Jet Black Machine, The Well Oiled Sisters, Marion, Elcka, The Smoking Popes, The Heartbreaks, Damien Dempsey, Red Cortez, The Courteeners, and all the other bands who have supported Morrissey over the years.

Really?

I'm not sure that's a view shared by Buffy Saint Marie, Kristeen Young, Doll and the Kicks, Bradford, Sack, The Would-Be's, Phranc, Melissa Ferrick, The Johnson Family, The Planet Rockers, Gallon Drunk, Big Sandy & the Fly-Rite Boys, Jet Black Machine, The Well Oiled Sisters, Marion, Elcka, The Smoking Popes, The Heartbreaks, Damien Dempsey, Red Cortez, The Courteeners, and all the other bands who have supported Morrissey over the years.

The anonymous user you quoted pointed out that the current tour which did not have an opening act (exclude Buffy Saint Marie, Future Island and Blondie earlier this year).

Hmm no support, this will be the first Moz gig I've been to where there has not been any support band, seen some decent bands over the years in support, could really start at 20.00 if no support but then being finished by 21.30 would make people complain

starts 9

Really?

Cliff Richard, Blondie, Tom Jones

It was a great gig, not my favourite but that was because of the crowd and venue, not Morrissey. Why do English 'fans' act like they're at a football match instead of a gig? I say 'fans' because they don't even seem to know a lot of the songs. They stand with their arms folded as if they'd been made to go, I thought they must be waiting for Smiths tunes (silly when it's not a Smiths gigs) but even then they didn't really move. £65 is a lot for a ticket, you'd think people would be into it. But hopefully they were in their own way... Highlights were Crashing Bores, Alma Matters, Far-Off Places. Also amazing were Sunday, World Peace, Paris, What She Said. Not many people clapped Meat is Murder, another thing that only happens at the English gigs. The English need to start evolving and catch up with the rest of the UK and Europe. I heard someone on the tube say 'All those images animal cruelty have made me fancy a McDonalds' - HAHAHA his friends thought it was hillarious. So English. The venue is lovely to look at, but the problem for me was that the stage is very low and I reckon 50% of people there couldn't even see Morrissey.
azteccamera, is that you!? 'Reckon' is a give away.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom