Louder Than War / Sam Lambeth (2nd review via blog): IANADOAC review 6/10 (March 13, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t care less about reviews anymore. I just want to hear the damn thing.

None of these reviews ever cater to The Wild Turkey Community.
They never mention which songs are best for Turkey Steppin'.
They never mention which songs are best for freely frolickin' to and fro.
These reviews ain't Wild T enough.

The PC mob, the cancel culture, ex-smiths fans, the Uncle Skinneys, anyone and everyone that would object to Morrissey supporting For Britain, the people that indirectly fund any music rag. Record shops banning his music.... pay attention? 90% of the reviews thus far can't review the music without mentioning his politics.
He’s always been pretty clear about his politics and sundry beliefs IN his music, hasn’t he? So I’m not sure what you’re on about, Sunshine. ...other than whinging like a stuck pig in a shit-barn.

All the f***ing clown has left are wing-nuts and reviewer skewers. It’s a sorry state of affairs at camp Melvis.

If the different conclusion was equally positive it wouldn’t have been published. This is a motivated editorial decision not a passive embrace of multiplicity or diversity.
Who cares? You bitches gonna whine to Soundscan when the album doesn’t sell?

Yeah. It's weird (for an artist being shunned, it's usually when there's a lot of interest). But it's still not even that bad.

There must be something on the album that's throwing their perception into confusion or maybe they realise the political situation is so f***ed up that hating a gay social misfit is sick.
Nobody hates him for his sexual preference. People hate him because he’s a c***.

I think this review must have been published in error: it actually talks about the songs, rather than Morrissey's political views. Such things are almost unheard of these days.

Have you heard the trite shit that’s been released? Not much to review, is there?

Agree! There’s so much crap being released these days that they were forced to review a great album like IANADOAC twice !

:rock::cool:

Got to the words "The Pope of Mope" in the teaser and didn't bother to click through.

It could have been 1/10 or 11/10 it wouldn't matter. If you are reviewing something you should really try coming up with your own silly names rather than recycle things from 30+ years ago.

It's as bad as the stupid headlines "Bigmouth Strike Again!" or "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now" or "Like Momma Always Said.. A Hole Is a Hole"

Maybe that last one wasn't Morrissey...

By Sam Lambeth.

Bruised and bloodied by mainstream isolation, Moz returns with another spirited but ultimately subpar collection of meandering misanthropy.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Why have they a second review?

It does say 'via blog'.
The official review was first and represents Louder Than War as a whole.
The second is a writer there blogging their own review hosted on the Louder Than War site.
Agree it complicates things, but is explainable.
Regards,
FWD.

Got to the words "The Pope of Mope" in the teaser and didn't bother to click through.

It could have been 1/10 or 11/10 it wouldn't matter. If you are reviewing something you should really try coming up with your own silly names rather than recycle things from 30+ years ago.

It's as bad as the stupid headlines "Bigmouth Strike Again!" or "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now" or "Like Momma Always Said.. A Hole Is a Hole"

Maybe that last one wasn't Morrissey...
Exactly. Like when they call The Cure goths or godfather of goth or miserabilists or whatever. Or waste half a Joy Division article telling us Ian Curtis is dead. Or waste words calling Moz Steven Patrick Morrissey. Once you see that you know they haven't a clue about him. Why read reviews from people who probably think Moz is the same as Billy Joel or Aerosmith. You wouldn't listen to that shit in a pub so why bother reading it online or in a rag mag.

Backlash from whom? Those who dwell up Melvis’ anus? You don’t seriously believe that a music publication pays attention to the sycophantic slugs on here, do you?
What a vile post. Nobody forced you to use this site. Your stupidity is staggering.

It does say 'via blog'.
The official review was first and represents Louder Than War as a whole.
The second is a writer there blogging their own review hosted on the Louder Than War site.
Agree it complicates things, but is explainable.
Regards,
FWD.

I guess even bloggers try to pass as music journalists these days.

Oh well.

:cool:

Backlash from whom? Those who dwell up Melvis’ anus? You don’t seriously believe that a music publication pays attention to the sycophantic slugs on here, do you?
The only slug here is you and we all know exactly who you are regardless of posting "Anonymously". At least Morrissey's detractors on this site which names I won't bother listing here when they have something negative to say about him at least use some wit and humour. The day you post anything remotely interesting other than babbling on about Melvis ain't coming.

I guess even bloggers try to pass as music journalists these days.

Oh well.

:cool:

I disagree with his taste, but comparing Moz's current issues to the late 90s is good thing. It means they're moving away from thinking of him as an irredeemable fascist & more as someone with troubles. He got out of the 90s stronger.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom