Louder Than War / Sam Lambeth (2nd review via blog): IANADOAC review 6/10 (March 13, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Like when they call The Cure goths or godfather of goth or miserabilists or whatever. Or waste half a Joy Division article telling us Ian Curtis is dead. Or waste words calling Moz Steven Patrick Morrissey. Once you see that you know they haven't a clue about him. Why read reviews from people who probably think Moz is the same as Billy Joel or Aerosmith. You wouldn't listen to that shit in a pub so why bother reading it online or in a rag mag.
In a pub? No f***ing pub on this planet plays Melvis’ rubbish. The floor would clear in seconds. The only you’ll ever hear his crap broadcast is when they play EDILS in the frozen food isle at a bargain grocers.

Fak Arf.

Has he been doing his Melvis/slugs thing for a while? It doesn't vary much.
Not nearly as long as Melvis has been putting out garbage and acting like an ass-hat. ...and certainly not as long as his apologist, slug minions have been licking his Xhosa and smack-talking truth-sayers like pissing puppies in a cut-rate kennel.

Fak Arf.

Bruised and bloodied by mainstream isolation.
What a load of cobblers. Moz was never mainstream. In his hey day he enjoyed large audiences of discerning non mainstream fans. How do you isolate someone who prefers solitude? Those media mongrols overestimate their impact on Moz, me, and all sentient beings capable of independent thought.

In a pub? No f***ing pub on this planet plays Melvis’ rubbish. The floor would clear in seconds. The only you’ll ever hear his crap broadcast is when they play EDILS in the frozen food isle at a bargain grocers.

Fak Arf.
I meant you wouldn't listen to a wankfraud in a pub talking shite about Moz if it was clear they were uninformed, and had only a vague knowledge of the music. I didn't mean you wouldn't hear Moz music in a pub. I have heard Moz, New Order, Joy Division, Pixies in some pubs, usually the better craft beer pubs. But sure you can't hear much of anything in a pub apart from talking and stupid TVs. But that's cool cos I don't go to a pub to hear music unless there's a live band I wanna see.

Last edited:
I meant you wouldn't listen to a wankfraud in a pub talking shite about Moz if it was clear they were uninformed, and had only a vague knowledge of the music. I didn't mean you wouldn't hear Moz music in a pub. I have heard Moz, New Order, Joy Division, Pixies in some pubs, usually the better craft beer pubs. But sure you can't hear much of anything in a pub apart from talking and stupid TVs. But that's cool cos I don't go to a pub to hear music unless there's a live band I wanna see.
I wouldn’t listen to a “wankfraud” in a pub, talking about anything. ...but thanks for clearing that up. :)

i personally know Sam lambeth and he’s a favourites man, subsequently quite boring

Got to the words "The Pope of Mope" in the teaser and didn't bother to click through.

It could have been 1/10 or 11/10 it wouldn't matter. If you are reviewing something you should really try coming up with your own silly names rather than recycle things from 30+ years ago.

It's as bad as the stupid headlines "Bigmouth Strike Again!" or "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now" or "Like Momma Always Said.. A Hole Is a Hole"

Maybe that last one wasn't Morrissey...
that's been my golden rule for years,if the start contains the pope of mope then I instantly chuck it,no point in reading on because it will be lazy journalism.

Last edited:
Isn't this unprecedented? Having two reviews of the same album weeks apart from the same rag? Seems like the editor got some backlash and phoned in another foot soldier to rectify things.

For clarification, one review was on the LTW website and the other was in the printed version of LTW that comes out periodically. Whilst John Robb overseas both, they have different teams of writers and are therefore quite distinct.

Has been doing his Melvis/slugs thing for a while? It doesn't vary much.
Morrissey’s dropped cabbage analogy seems most appropriate for this individual’s contributions here. I’m guessing the person responsible is the verbose Celtic fan; once a concert regular (now reduced to this)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am listening to the album right now and the first half is really great, up to track 7. Songs 8-10, on the other hand, are filler after filler. Unless they really grow on me, which I'm not very hopeful about, they sort of ruin what otherwise would have been his best record in years.
The closing track is also very good so in the end, that's 7-8 very good tracks out of 11, which IMO makes it a great record.

My favorite song is "What kind of people live in these houses" which is Morrissey at his best, one of my favorite songs in recent years.

Morrissey’s dropped cabbage analogy seems most appropriate for this individual’s contributions here. I’m guessing the person responsible is the verbose Celtic fan; once a concert regular (now reduced to this)?

He does sound like an angry Glaswegian. ?

I am listening to the album right now and the first half is really great, up to track 7. Songs 8-10, on the other hand, are filler after filler. Unless they really grow on me, which I'm not very hopeful about, they sort of ruin what otherwise would have been his best record in years.
The closing track is also very good so in the end, that's 7-8 very good tracks out of 11, which IMO makes it a great record.

My favorite song is "What kind of people live in these houses" which is Morrissey at his best, one of my favorite songs in recent years.
Jammy bugger.

So only songs 8-10 are filler? Great, that sounds promising.

So only songs 8-10 are filler? Great, that sounds promising.

Song 8 is not that bad either, it's one of the tracks he played live the other day, not as good as other songs on the album IMO but it's grown on me after several listens. The one I can't stand is "the secret of music", too long and boring,I'd totally remove it from the album, even track 9 "the truth about Ruth" has a certain charm.

It's a great album, much better than the last one. The sound and production is surprising because you don't expect a Morrissey album to sound like that but once you get used to it the songs are very very good.

As usual some people will love it and others will hate it.

Song 8 is not that bad either, it's one of the tracks he played live the other day, not as good as other songs on the album IMO but it's grown on me after several listens. The one I can't stand is "the secret of music", too long and boring,I'd totally remove it from the album, even track 9 "the truth about Ruth" has a certain charm.

It's a great album, much better than the last one. The sound and production is surprising because you don't expect a Morrissey album to sound like that but once you get used to it the songs are very very good.

As usual some people will love it and others will hate it.
Thanks for the heads up. The red vinyl couldn't arrive soon enough.

Exactly. Like when they call The Cure goths or godfather of goth or miserabilists or whatever. Or waste half a Joy Division article telling us Ian Curtis is dead. Or waste words calling Moz Steven Patrick Morrissey. Once you see that you know they haven't a clue about him. Why read reviews from people who probably think Moz is the same as Billy Joel or Aerosmith. You wouldn't listen to that shit in a pub so why bother reading it online or in a rag mag.
Or the worst.. Stephen Patrick Morrissey.

f***ing hacks.

Also, it's Billy Joel Armstrong.. not Billy Joel Aerosmith... haven't you heard Wedding Bell Blues?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom