Louis Theroux Desert Island Discs includes "Panic"

Only just listened to this episode of Desert Island Discs with Louis Theroux:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00050p7

One of his chosen tracks is "Panic", and he mentions how much he adored The Smiths while at (boarding) school.

Which did make me think: a Louis Theroux programme with Morrissey (a la Jimmy Savile*) could be some remarkable television.

*Not suggesting anything!

You're right - from LT in 2007:

"I actually asked Morrissey if we could do a documentary on him while he was promoting Ringleaders of the Tormentors last year. I think spending time with his entourage would be really interesting. Sadly he turned it down. He'd just done one for C4 so maybe that hadn't gone well"

You're right - from LT in 2007:

"I actually asked Morrissey if we could do a documentary on him while he was promoting Ringleaders of the Tormentors last year. I think spending time with his entourage would be really interesting. Sadly he turned it down. He'd just done one for C4 so maybe that hadn't gone well"
From the Guardian interview with him :)
One of his weirder tweets re: Moz doesn't appear to have any context behind it:

20190603_120139.jpg

The Louis documentary idea was discussed here in 2007, but can't find any reason to prompt the above (Savile had been dead almost 2 years).
That style of documentary would have been great, but I'm pretty certain Morrissey wouldn't have any of that 'I'm really curious so please explain it to me' style interviewing hidden behind his self-effacing manner.
Good choices with Dylan & Mitchell too.
Regards,
FWD.

That's very odd, re the Savile "song".

And yes, you're almost certainly right that Morrissey would refuse to play along with Louis Theroux's interviewing schtick. A shame, though!

Only just listened to this episode of Desert Island Discs with Louis Theroux:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00050p7

One of his chosen tracks is "Panic", and he mentions how much he adored The Smiths while at (boarding) school.

Which did make me think: a Louis Theroux programme with Morrissey (a la Jimmy Savile*) could be some remarkable television.

*Not suggesting anything!
yes. Look what that did for Jimmy’s career.
Morrissey has all these interesting, intelligent and articulate fans and yet how silent they are when M is being bullied in the press. I’m not including David Williams in this. Before you start. Pilgrimupnorth

From the Guardian interview with him :)
One of his weirder tweets re: Moz doesn't appear to have any context behind it:

View attachment 50097

The Louis documentary idea was discussed here in 2007, but can't find any reason to prompt the above (Savile had been dead almost 2 years).
That style of documentary would have been great, but I'm pretty certain Morrissey wouldn't have any of that 'I'm really curious so please explain it to me' style interviewing hidden behind his self-effacing manner.
Good choices with Dylan & Mitchell too.
Regards,
FWD.
Maybe LT was thinking along the lines of the Moors Murders and, "Suffer Little Children". He did say later when it came out about Saville that he had no inkling about him and seemed gutted about the revelations.
The other take on it was that Savilles mother was called the Duchess as she was an illegitimate member of the Royal family, hence Saville could walk into Buckingham Palace and was close to Phillip and Charles
Maybe Morrissey could have done that justice with some chosen lyrics, as we know how he feels about the royals.

Met Louis once, and my chat with him touched upon Morrissey when he realised that my phone background had a photo of Morrissey on it. Lovely man.

Met Louis once, and my chat with him touched upon Morrissey when he realised that my phone background had a photo of Morrissey on it. Lovely man.

Very cool! He does come across as completely lovely, from this Desert Island Discs - very aware of his own talents, and his own weaknesses. And funny too, which always helps.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom