Morrissey Central "Love" (April 30, 2020) - link to "Morrissey's Prophetic Journal of the Plague Year" by Armond White - National Review

No it isn't. There are different stages, and it only becomes suing when it appears in a court. You have literally no idea what you are talking about. None. The reason I know this is because I'm married to a lawyer and I've just asked her. How about you bale out now?

I think you, or your wife, are trying to split hairs, probably based on the conveniently limited information you provided her, or her own limited knowledge. The act of suing is to take legal proceedings against someone, so of course there are different stages to the process. Maybe your wife needs to go read some more. She deals with commercial property stuff apparently....hardly media related litigation is it?
How about you f*** off now before you embarrass both yourself and your wife further?

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, perceived as right wing by the writer and the National Review. Do try to keep up.
An inch to the right of the far left is now perceived by morons to be right wing, so no the National Review hardly needs to perceive Morrissey as right wing to review his latest album. Is that clear enough for you?

Last edited:
No it isn't. There are different stages, and it only becomes suing when it appears in a court. You have literally no idea what you are talking about. None. The reason I know this is because I'm married to a lawyer and I've just asked her. How about you bale out now?

Skinny you can sue and never appear in court. Stop making fantastical claims about your wife being a lawyer.
No lawyer would make such a ridiculous claim. Now apologize to Nerak.

I'm not sure you are 100% correct in this. I mean, far be it for me to question the greatest clinically Morrissey obsessed mind of modern times...

Do you really have a wife? Blimey - someone for everyone, I guess.

Skinny you have yet to apologize to Nerak, and tell the wife that being a Sharia expert does NOT make one a lawyer in the UK. Not yet anyways.

"The reason I know this is because I'm married to a lawyer." :ha-no:
You're both being careless with language. It's true that a lawsuit is only a "potential" lawsuit until it appears in court. It can be settled before it gets to that point. But "suing" is a verb and "lawsuit" is a noun. The process of "suing" begins before the matter makes it to court.
And Nerak isn't right either. A letter from a lawyer may be the beginning of "suing" but it doesn't constitute "suing" and it's definitely not "a lawsuit."
A letter from a lawyer can simply be a ploy meant to intimidate. Here is a real life example.

The New York Times on Tuesday said it would not retract or apologize for columns critical of Fox News host Sean Hannity's coverage of the coronavirus pandemic after Hannity's attorney threatened legal action against the newspaper.

"The columns are accurate, do not reasonably imply what you and Mr. Hannity allege they do, and constitute protected opinion," wrote Times's legal counsel David E. McCraw to Hannity attorney Charles Harder.

"In response to your request for an apology and retraction, our answer is 'no,' " the letter concludes.

"The reason I know this is because I'm married to a lawyer." :ha-no:
You're both being careless with language. It's true that a lawsuit is only a "potential" lawsuit until it appears in court. It can be settled before it gets to that point. But "suing" is a verb and "lawsuit" is a noun. The process of "suing" begins before the matter makes it to court.
And Nerak isn't right either. A letter from a lawyer may be the beginning of "suing" but it doesn't constitute "suing" and it's definitely not "a lawsuit."
A letter from a lawyer can simply be a ploy meant to intimidate. Here is a real life example.

The New York Times on Tuesday said it would not retract or apologize for columns critical of Fox News host Sean Hannity's coverage of the coronavirus pandemic after Hannity's attorney threatened legal action against the newspaper.

"The columns are accurate, do not reasonably imply what you and Mr. Hannity allege they do, and constitute protected opinion," wrote Times's legal counsel David E. McCraw to Hannity attorney Charles Harder.

"In response to your request for an apology and retraction, our answer is 'no,' " the letter concludes.

Cheek. I wasn't careless with language - it was saying what I wanted it to say, that Moz has used the law against the press on more than one occasion. And they don't like it.

& obviously the legal letter is meant to intimidate! It's very expensive to fight a case in the UK, so unless you have enough proof (& sometimes even then if the complainant is rich & angry enough to take it to appeal) you'll accept they're right & will make the apology or the correction.

& you have to get your own lawyer in all the same even if the case is weak & it still makes you sick because of the money & the hassle even when it ends quickly.

Cheek. I wasn't careless with language - it was saying what I wanted it to say, that Moz has used the law against the press on more than one occasion. And they don't like it.
You wrote "A letter from a lawyer is legal action, if it's about libel, he's suing."
A letter from a lawyer may be in regards to a potential legal action or it may be part of a legal action. If the letter is claiming libel you could call it an informal legal action but not in the sense that we usually mean by "legal action." It is "an action" and it's related to a "legal" matter but it's not a "legal action" in and of itself and it doesn't mean he is suing. It kind of depends what the letter says and whether there was any action taken after.
"Used the law" is also a slippery phrase to the point that no meaning can stick. But if you're going with "I was saying what I wanted to say" and the only person who has to understand your own private language is yourself then of course you're correct.

You wrote "A letter from a lawyer is legal action, if it's about libel, he's suing."
A letter from a lawyer may be in regards to a potential legal action or it may be part of a legal action. If the letter is claiming libel you could call it an informal legal action but not in the sense that we usually mean by "legal action." It is "an action" and it's related to a "legal" matter but it's not a "legal action" in and of itself and it doesn't mean he is suing. It kind of depends what the letter says and whether there was any action taken after.
"Used the law" is also a slippery phrase to the point that no meaning can stick. But if you're going with "I was saying what I wanted to say" and the only person who has to understand your own private language is yourself then of course you're correct.

Everyone would know what I meant unless they were being bizarrely pedantic. The publication has had to accept that they would lose any court case & therefore they've apologised. He's effectively sued them & won at the first hurdle & everyone puts the best spin on it & moves on while hoping he does something indisputably awful they can get him for in the future.

It's the way of it.

God, shut the f*** up already. Morrissey doesn't need any assistance in keep his self-pitying persecution complex afloat.

Everyone would know what I meant unless they were being bizarrely pedantic. The publication has had to accept that they would lose any court case & therefore they've apologised. He's effectively sued them & won at the first hurdle & everyone puts the best spin on it & moves on while hoping he does something indisputably awful they can get him for in the future.

It's the way of it.

You still haven't told us who he has sued multiple times.

You still haven't told us who he has sued multiple times.

The press.

NME & Word got a lot of coverage. Hove remembers Select. Everyone who reprinted the NME story got a warning. And I've seen stuff about The Independent, The Sun & The Daily Mail. Obv Der Spiegel.

And to make a general point (about why I think he gets into so much trouble & doesn't deal well with it)...

They keep framing him as news, when really he's pessimistic & resistant to nearly everything. And it's funny if you let his whinges roll past as their own thing without doing a SHOCK-HORROR pull-quote number on him.

This article is a good example because it does both - she's happy to let him babble on but the Der Spiegel scandal hit & so she puts some Moral Indignation in & then they whack Gill on the end being scathing.

Nerak, surface, please get a room....Nerak, I could be slightly jealous though....

hmmmnnn...no surprise that Morrissey would express <3 for this but only because it's a 'good review' that skirts the issues of why this is both his best ever album and also his artistic epitaph given that its release alongside the eruption of the SARSCoV2 coronavirus and the pandemic illness and death of Covid19 has exposed Morrissey as an extraordinary hypocrite; a grotesque clown who joked about the illness to his captive fans lost in their Herd Culture trance as he sang and danced like a buffoon onstage at Wembley alongside a 'lawnmower part' whose wife was stricken by the virus.

I did a quick search for 'animal' and 'Vegan' in the article but, of course, given National Review is the tribune of the imagined red-blooded Amercian Conservative there would be no discussion either of animals rights, wet markets, hog farms in Utah or Morrissey's perverse hypocrisies such as espousing 'animal rights' on stage then gorging on Kerrygold cheese laden riders night after night.

Why does he link to right-wing sites like National Review / alt-right sort types like that Prison Planet guy when they lambast 'soy boys', decry 'effeminacy' and 'humasexuality' and totally ignore /discount the possibility that the next pandemic may emerge from some Chicago slaughterhouse?

At some stage I will write the definitive review / autopsy if and when my schedule allows but for now I think I'll just sink back into the extraordinary musical, lyrical and philosophical landscape the record conjures up even as it puts a noose around Morrissey's neck.

Keep Safe. Stay At Home. Protect The NHS: Don't go to any Morrissey shows because whilst he's protected by social distancing onstage, he's asking you to risk sickness and death so he can carry on with his sinful pointless purgatory in Luxuria. Just because someone can sing and write B-list quality lyrics whilst composing beautiful vocal melodies doesn't make them morally or socially tolerable. Let's ignore his 'dancing'. As Morrissey is now finding out, people have no more patience with his wilful trolling of complex debates on animal liberation and immigration as they realise his only interest in such inflammatory topics is to get his music onto corporate radio stations. Controversy is old hat. We live in a post-Covid world, 'edgy' fake-Outsider rebel failed pop stars? I think we're all done with that crap...

kind regards

Andy aka Alfie aka BB

'National Review was founded in 1955 by William F. Buckley Jr. as a magazine of conservative opinion. The magazine has since defined the modern conservative movement and enjoys the broadest allegiance among American conservatives. '

images.jpg
pic_newsite_static_wfb_donkey-2.jpg
EWqXHfJXgAg46xx.jpg
It-Likely-Came-From-Chinese-Biowarfare-Lab-650x360.png
1_1b16gRkOe9RbUdg07YK2lQ.jpeg
download.jpg
download (1).jpg

Last edited:
Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back