Official YouTube "Love Is On Its Way Out" & instant grat MP3 released (January 31, 2020)

moz.jpg

... available for download, when pre-ordered via https://morrissey.tmstor.es/
Maybe elsewhere too...

YouTube link courtesy of NickD & @Raphael Lambach:

Media items:

So lazy and stupid it barely deserves to be described as a song. To think of the lyrics he used to be known for, and how good he can be when he tries.. God. Might as well call it 'Haha, These Daft f***ers Will Buy Anything.'

There isn’t one thing musically I dislike about this song. There isn’t one thing melodically I dislike about this song. There isn’t one thing I dislike about his vocals on this song. I don’t even dislike the repetition.

This isn’t a hard song to even fix.
The nerve gassed children and the elephants and lions lines are sloppy...but ok. This song would be much better in my opinion if he had a chorus of the “but before it goes do you have the time to show me whats it like” part before extending it at the end.

For example:

Love is on its way out
Love is on its way out
Love is tired and its on its way

Love is on its way out
Love is on its way out
Love is broken down, its way out

But before it goes
Do you have the time to show me
Whats it like, whats it like, whats it like

Did you see the headlines?
Did you see the grablines?
Did you see the nerve gassed children crying?
Did you see the sad rich hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?

But this is just my opinion.

"It is what it is", "It will grow on me" and "Starting to like it after several listens" ...with such ringing endorsements it's got to be...well...yeah...more of the same.

An artist should be measured by his better solo material. Not to mention The Smiths. To say "An improvement from LIHS" causes no need to pop the champagne corks.

“Did you see the headlines? Did you see the grab-lines? Did you see the nerve-gas and the children crying? ...blah-blah ...elephants dying”.

The irony of that “grab-line” lyric! How very trite.

Morrissey’s tired and he’s on his way out.

Fak Arf with this frozen-food aisle nonsense.

There isn’t one thing musically I dislike about this song. There isn’t one thing melodically I dislike about this song. There isn’t one thing I dislike about his vocals on this song. I don’t even dislike the repetition.

This isn’t a hard song to even fix.
The nerve gassed children and the elephants and lions lines are sloppy...but ok. This song would be much better in my opinion if he had a chorus of the “but before it goes do you have the time to show me whats it like” part before extending it at the end.

For example:

Love is on its way out
Love is on its way out
Love is tired and its on its way

Love is on its way out
Love is on its way out
Love is broken down, its way out

But before it goes
Do you have the time to show me
Whats it like, whats it like, whats it like

Did you see the headlines?
Did you see the grablines?
Did you see the nerve gassed children crying?
Did you see the sad rich hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?

Honestly it really should end with him wailing "But this is just my opinion"

My first impression is that I like the song but I'm not jumping out of my chair about the lyrics. I think the music is interesting, it doesn't remind me of any old Morrissey songs( which I do feel at times about his later songs). The music does grow in dramatic way in the middle of which could be very interesting live!

I was also surprised that Thelma Houston was doing backing vocals on this song. I thought it was just announced that she was just doing Bobby. Maybe I just don't remember. But I thought that was pretty cool

Some songs require repeat listening, don't they?
Some songs require repeated listening because they’re clever, well-written and thoughtful. They’ve got something special in them that makes thought and commitment necessary.

After several listenings, I can confirm that this isn’t one of those songs.

I was 100% with you until the repetition opinion

for me, the song lacks lyrical content badly

Some songs require repeat listening, don't they?

Maybe, but I haven't found that to be the case with Morrissey. From the first solo record through YATQ. The music and lyrics grabbed me immediately. I eagerly awaited each release and consumed every morsel. Even including Roy's Keen, Papa Jack and Tony the Pony so there that is.

From most of ROTT on I haven't responded to anything he has produced. IMHO, you shouldn't have to listen to something multiple times to train yourself to like it. What was once like being served by a 5* chef is now like pulling up to a fast food window. Not a "hater", but rather lacking a taste for this newer contrived gruel.

Morrissey's lyrics were generally the weak link in both 'World Peace' and 'Low in High School', and on the evidence of the first two tracks released, this trend is going to continue with the new album. Thank God his voice sounds amazing, as post 2009 he seems to have largely lost his skills with the written word. It's odd, and a great shame - but I might still end up enjoying the album as long as the music and the vocal delivery is good.

Slug is on his way out. Pug is on his way out. Doug is on his way out.

I’d rather hear the original, by the “Way-outs”.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom