Love To Be

• Thread starter Last Night I Tripped
  • Start date
L

Last Night I Tripped

What does limited reginal release mean on the Record Store Day website? I thought that meant that some would be available that day but more would be released at another time? Does anyone know? I don't want to wait in line for hours to find out that 10K more got release the next week.

This single should be online on the same day of Record Store ,otherwise many people buy it to sell at high price.I found one on ebay for 75 eur.
It will be for sale 7 days,so no one will get it online.

What does limited reginal release mean on the Record Store Day website? I thought that meant that some would be available that day but more would be released at another time? Does anyone know? I don't want to wait in line for hours to find out that 10K more got release the next week.
I can only go off info I've heard from a rep - I hate anecdotal stuff myself - so take with a pinch of salt.
My local indie already has their copies in the back room - they requested 10 copies and were allocated 3.
There's approx. 200 RSD stores across the UK and assuming they got similar, that would account for more than half the estimated 1000 copies as suggested by Morrissey Central.
To add to the confusion - the US RSD site has the 'regional' bit, the UK one doesn't (see explanation of this term below).
There will not be an online shop version of this record - it is exclusive to RSD despite Amazon's rogue listing.
The only real thing lacking clarity is whether there's 1000 in total or 1000 per region.
Much like previous things for RSD (10" for example), it will be bought in store and then Ebay scum will hike the price, but it won't be released again.
That said, neither track on it will need anyone to own this to get them.
Wedding Bell Blues has the same B-side and Lover-To-Be is already available.
Good luck.
FWD.

RSD stuff explained courtesy of Downbeat - ignore Black Friday and focus on the terms being defined:

"Black Friday titles are divided into three categories: RSD exclusive releases, RSD limited-run/regional focus releases and “RSD First” releases.

RSD exclusive releases are available exclusively on Black Friday at participating stores. Among those titles is saxophonist Ben Webster’s LP Gone With The Wind (ORG Music), which has been long out of print.

The album captures a live performance by Webster at the legendary Montmartre Jazzhus in Copenhagen in January 1965. The LP, which is limited to 2,000 copies, is pressed on 180-gram white vinyl. Among the songs performed by the DownBeat Hall of Fame inductee are “Perdido,” “Over The Rainbow,” “Indiana,” “Misty” and “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter.”

The most rare titles sold on Black Friday are the limited-run/regional focus releases, which are typically limited to less than 1,000 copies.

In contrast, the most plentiful titles on Black Friday are the “RSD First” releases, which will be sold at participating indie stores for a limited amount of time before they become widely available at other outlets."

This single should be online on the same day of Record Store ,otherwise many people buy it to sell at high price.I found one on ebay for 75 eur.
It will be for sale 7 days,so no one will get it online.

It’s not available to buy online unless there’s copies left over. Rough Trade & Banquet Records will be making any leftover copies available to buy on their website on Sat 14th at midday, other indie online stores will likely follow suite, but its optimistic to think that any copies will be leftover, especially if they’re only getting 3 copies per store, but it’s worth keeping an eye on those sites.

Back
Top Bottom