Love

Does realizing that you're acting like an irrational moron make any difference? It's good to know what exactly is happening with your body, but I doubt you can use willpower to make it stop.

Sure you can. To say you cannot control your emotions or actions is completely false, and why we have accountability in our society. If I feel a certain way, I can suppress it, or analyze and acknowledge it for what it is: an emotional reaction, nothing more, nothing less. Knowing that, I can begin to understand that I am in control, and not my body.

People love to say you can't control "love", but you sure can. Just as you can control if you feel angry, sad, happy etc. You can control whether you pick up a piece of pipe and hit someone, so you can control what you do out of 'love'. It's the same thing, love, anger, lust, hate, whatever. It's all just a chemical reaction in your body, and easily controlled.

That's interesting. Of course, we can control what we do, but I'm not entirely sure it's possible to control how you feel. Without medications, that is.

That's interesting. Of course, we can control what we do, but I'm not entirely sure it's possible to control how you feel. Without medications, that is.

Of course it, as much as it is possible to control your actions. Your actions are based on how you feel, after all, so to say you can't control one is to admit you cannot control the other. They are undeniably linked.

I, like 99.9% of humans, have emotions. The only difference is that I have realized that emotions are not some 'mystical, magical' thing, there is a science behind them, as with all things in our world. As with these other things, with science comes understanding, and so I began to understand my emotions, what causes them, why, how and how I can control them.

I take responsibility for my actions, and blame nobody but myself for what I do, why? I have control, that is why. The same reason a court and judge will hold you accountable if you get angry and murder someone. Why not just let you go? I mean, you can't control how you feel, and that must mean that the actions immediately resulting from that feeling (in this case murder) cannot be controlled either. It's nonsense.

We are rational beings, with the ability to control ourselves. Just look at our legal system and how we hold people accountable for things they do based off of emotion on a daily basis and you will begin to realize that I am correct.

i_love_you_butterfly.gif

Of course it, as much as it is possible to control your actions. Your actions are based on how you feel, after all, so to say you can't control one is to admit you cannot control the other. They are undeniably linked.

thats not true. do you know how many times during the day i FEEL like punching people in the face? well..it happens alot. do you know how many people Ive actually punched in the face? just one, but that was a rare exception. you cannot always control how you feel. you CAN control, what you decide to do with those emotions, definitely.

thats not true. do you know how many times during the day i FEEL like punching people in the face? well..it happens alot. do you know how many people Ive actually punched in the face? just one, but that was a rare exception. you cannot always control how you feel. you CAN control, what you decide to do with those emotions, definitely.

I understand. I had to control myself from the urge of lifting up a garbage can incredible hulk style and throwing it at the hipsters in Brooklyn's North Side.

And I know they read this site because I was snickering as I was listening to it being discussed on Bedford Avenue the other day.

I understand. I had to control myself from the urge of lifting up a garbage can incredible hulk style and throwing it at the hipsters in Brooklyn's North Side.

And I know they read this site because I was snickering as I was listening to it being discussed on Bedford Avenue the other day.

I just realized I left out an entire word in my paragraph. too late now since you quoted it. its okay. ive been drinking. i have an excuse.

I just realized I left out an entire word in my paragraph. too late now since you quoted it. its okay. ive been drinking. i have an excuse.

heh heh...

And you still make sense. How cool is that? :cool: :sweet:

What are you two still doing up? Isn't it like stupid o'clock over on your end of the pond?? :p

3:30 am
I screwed up my sleeping schedule this weekend by staying out until 7am Saturday morning then having to attend a function this afternoon. I came home and slept from 6PM to about 12:30 I believe. Soon I will have to go to bed.

Tomorrow is an important day.

What are you two still doing up? Isn't it like stupid o'clock over on your end of the pond?? :p

yessss. :p

but its saturday night. and I was at the bar. usually I don't get back home til 3ish anyway, but I've been home longer cuz instead of karaoke tonight, there was some really shitty cover band and I was really bored so I left early. and then I came home and I was hungry so I made some popcorn. I'll be hittin the sack soonish. :)

haha, you sound like C-3P0

no he is Mr Spock.

I'd rather sound logical and reasonable then be in 'love' 100 times not even realizing I'm acting like an irrational moron.

isn't that 'life experience'? A term you like to use.

People love to say you can't control "love", but you sure can. Just as you can control if you feel angry, sad, happy etc. You can control whether you pick up a piece of pipe and hit someone, so you can control what you do out of 'love'. It's the same thing, love, anger, lust, hate, whatever. It's all just a chemical reaction in your body, and easily controlled.

Aren't all emotions different....you can't control when you feel sad or happy. Isn't what happens around you, that actually shapes these emotions that you experience.

I understand. I had to control myself from the urge of lifting up a garbage can incredible hulk style and throwing it at the hipsters in Brooklyn's North Side..

cool.......do you wear purple pants?

it isn't an excuse....you can control it, you choose if you drink or not....oh hell i am sounding like Arsenal number 2:p

no he is Mr Spock.

isn't that 'life experience'? A term you like to use.

Aren't all emotions different....you can't control when you feel sad or happy. Isn't what happens around you, that actually shapes these emotions that you experience.

cool.......do you wear purple pants?

it isn't an excuse....you can control it, you choose if you drink or not....oh hell i am sounding like Arsenal number 2:p

Blazies, he's totally C-3P0. i hear C-3P0 in my head when I hear his posts. I wish I had a dollar for every one of Arsenal's posts that mentioned "national statistics." which...come to think of it...what nation is he talking about? Arsenal is Canadian, so his points are completely moot if he's looking up Canadian statistics.

Blazies, he's totally C-3P0. i hear C-3P0 in my head when I hear his posts. I wish I had a dollar for every one of Arsenal's posts that mentioned "national statistics." which...come to think of it...what nation is he talking about? Arsenal is Canadian, so his points are completely moot if he's looking up Canadian statistics.

but C3 is quite cuddly in his posh English voiced irritableness. And he is a coward.

Hugging 'Arsenal' would require emotion and that is illogical....raises eyebrow, Spock fashion!!!!

Back
Top Bottom