Love

Everybody is a victim of love at some point.

Love PTxx.

People love to say you can't control "love", but you sure can. Just as you can control if you feel angry, sad, happy etc.

I can't control when I feel severely depressed, or in love, for that matter. If I could control it, I certainly would. Hell, I can't even control my facial expression, how the Hell would I be able to control my emotions?

I fall in love very easily. Everyone will probably tell me that it's not love, it's infatuation, and I've had more of my fair share of those too. Really it depends on how we're defining love, because I will feel intensely infatuated with someone for weeks or months before it ends. If we are to go by it being love after a month of infatuation, I've been in love 3 or 4 times.

Last edited:
Hell, love is a bad thing I reckon, because when I was in it, it
caused me a lot of suffering.......
so now I look upon the whole thing with deep suspicion.
If love causes you to be less than what you could be it's not
a good thing.
I truly believe that the best love would be where both people can
still be individuals and bring out the best in each other,
rather than that awful sado masochistic co dependence thing
that goes on all the time.
And people will deny it till they're blue in the face, but I believe this
one hundred percent that in every long term relationship someone
is telling someone else what to do........

hmm pretty personal eh...
only been in love once . saw her on a school friends wedding where I was invited and instantly fell madly in love her. also a guest.
my schoolfriend which wedding i was attending married at the age of 19, a man she had barely known for few months and who has ditched his musicbusinessjob in mexico for her after meeting her when he visits his parents -they re still together after 9 years and have 2 children.and now she begin her study as a Vet-i have heard
until this point i thought i could never fall in love /and at this point wasnt unsure about my sexuality also i.e. actually thought of me being asexual.
she was the coolest person i ever met.
long black hair green intense eyes.,very feminine but with a break in her clothing style wearing a tie and a blazer.
she sit in front of me at the dinner table and we chatted about music. morrissey would have love her-she is an 70ties music obsessive: bowie, roxy music,new york dolls.she likes the clash also..etc
also she did like the 70 ties clothes. and stated she was surely born in the wrong century.
.she didnt mentioned the smiths( i dont know if she was a fan/likes them but Im sure she has hear a few songs since she is an music obsessive even though her faves comes almost entirely from the 70ties) and at the point i only began listening to them (bought the singles cd but never read an interview or anything for quite some time so all the stuff about him i didnt know -just knew the music
so i didnt mention them either. then on some point when i asked her if she ever thought about getting married .she replied that she didnt know since she is bisexual. at this point -after she said that simple sentence-the scales fell from my eyes
(i.e. I sudendly realized about the state of my sexual "orientation")
about whats "wrong " with me...it was like an awakening i can hardly describe.
so this night has opened my eyes.

we emailed for some time after that. she did study japanese, a very smart girl.
the school friend which i had lost contact now had told me a year or so after the wedding if i knew that this girl is gay and is in a relationship with a girl(which seems for my school friend puzzling) I didnt know that she was in a relationship since she didnt mention it(i think she wasnt already in one around the wedding time) so i said no but i said that I knew that she was open to both genders which surprised my friend since i have only met her a few hours and she did know this girl for years without knowing that.

i did make her a tape(an actual cassette tape no cd) with some songs which expressed my feelings. some just because I like them :like turbonegro"get it on" sonic youth, björk and others which are bit more clear about my feelings:
like sleater kinney `s "anonymous" and one neubauten song ("letztes biest am himmel "from their 85 classic "halber mensch")
the smiths were also included . i have heard the songs on their singles cd and decided that" how soon is now" is the first song and "there is a light should that never goes out"should be the last to express my feelings
i asked her if she like the tape which she did.:guitar:

the brother of my best friend did go in the same class at her so he did own a yearbook where there is apicture of her included. of course i copied that site and still have it.
i have lost contact and since she was always that unreachable "superwoman" for me it was clear that never anything would happen. she was always "the one I cant have" and yes that fact did drove me mad :D;) at the time
but she had made an impact on my life which never anyone else did.
i was in love in that intense way which drives you nuts.
someday i will write her a letter and thank her for her help of my "awakening"
i still have her parentsadress from the yearbook.

Last edited:
I'm in love with my bipolar, badass guitarist best friend who doesn't love me back in quite that way.

Strange, really. We both think the other is attractive, we both agree that we understand eachother better than anyone else, we both know we're different sides of the same coin... when she was with her most recent boyfriend, she openly admitted she prefered spending time and talking with me rather than him even though she felt like she was in love with him. And it's not like either of us is shy about physical contact with eachother- but there's some spark for me that there isn't for her *shrugs* So we're just *extremely* affectionate best friends...which is pretty cool for me, to be honest.

Everybody is a victim of love at some point.

Love PTxx.

I like the word victim in that sentence:p.

I can't control when I feel severely depressed, or in love, for that matter. If I could control it, I certainly would. Hell, I can't even control my facial expression, how the Hell would I be able to control my emotions?

I fall in love very easily. Everyone will probably tell me that it's not love, it's infatuation, and I've had more of my fair share of those too. Really it depends on how we're defining love, because I will feel intensely infatuated with someone for weeks or months before it ends. If we are to go by it being love after a month of infatuation, I've been in love 3 or 4 times.

The infactuation thing is interesting. When i was younger i thought i was in love a few times but as i grew older and when i look back i realise i was being silly and it was just infactuation but at the time it didn't feel like that of course. Reading my old diarys makes this very apparent to me and makes me laugh now actually but i suppose you learn from every experience and then you realise that the feelings you have now were stronger than the time you were "head over heels in love". I think i am rambling a bit now.

Love at first sight? I believe in attraction and lust at first sight, but love comes when you find someone utterly different from anyone else who makes you feel more alive than anyone else possibly could, and that comes from getting to know a person. I don't believe all this 'Oooh, s/he doesn't know my name, but I've seen him/her around and s/he's my soulmate' crap.

Not yet i hope i will one day when i meet the right girl.Do people here belive in love at first sight?.

I do...it happened to me...just the once...

The night I met my husband (I was 26) my Dad was still up when I got home and asked if I had "met anyone nice?"...I said "Yes Dad...and I think I might marry this one!"....and I did!

We have been together for 14 years now...married for 11 of them...and things are still great....there has of course been the obligatory "rocky patch"...love ain't all a bed of roses...but I am still very much in love...

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Congrats, but I still don't understand love at first sight. It doesn't make sense to me.

Who has theories on when attraction becomes love? I can remember certain times when I've gone 'Right. I am in love. I can't get more in love than this.' But I did, I fell deeper and deeper and deeper. It's like you can never remember at what point during a night you fell asleep. I remember wondering 'is everyone so happy to see their best friend, and so lonely without them?' I remember accepting that I liked her than more as a friend. I remember confessing to her, I remember all that sort of stuff. I remember falling out of love with her only to fall right back and love her even more, but for the life of me I can't remember where it all began.

About love at first sight: I've never experienced it myself but both my cousin and one of my best friends, who both dated a lot, and I mean a lot of people, said that when they met their wife/husband - "this is different, this is the one". My cousin has been together with his wife now for about 10 years and my friend and her husband have been together now for almost 15 years.

I've never really loved. My one proper relationship I managed to come up with was more of filling a vacuum, keeping away the lonelines trough the things the other person had to offer (and I don't mean sex). I believe this worked both ways.

My mom always says you can't love somebody if you don't love yourself. I don't think it has to be this way. What do you think?

ive only loved one person in my life she gave me the confidence ive got now.
were not together now but are still very close, she one hell of a woman,
and i wish her all the happyness she deserves.:

Me neither. I've thought I was in love for the first time over the past few months, I mean it hurts 'cos I can't have this person, but, I don't know if what I'm feeling is love :(

I know, could someone please explain the differece between lust, infatuation, obsession and love. 'Cos I'm confused:confused:

Back
Top Bottom