Love

your only 18 com'on live a little you sound like your 35...these are your best years...

Ahh, I know I do sound like a pensioner :( I've had my fair share of 'fun' if you know what I mean, but thinking about it, it was meaningless. Then, someone walked into my life and made me want more than fun :( *permission to slap me across the face* ;)

It doesn't get any easier, I'm now in my forties and am still not sure:(

I think at my age now, I've discovered complexity, and there's no way back from it :(

I know, could someone please explain the differece between lust, infatuation, obsession and love. 'Cos I'm confused:confused:

I'll back up that request, it's all too confusing, almost makes me want to give up on love and I'm only 18 :(

My trusty sidekick The Dictionary tells me this:

Infatuate: to inspire with powerful but short-lived feelings of love and desire.
Love: 1a(1) strong affection for another <maternal love for a child> (2) attraction based on sexual desire; strong affection and tenderness felt by lovers. b an assurance of love <give her my love>
Lust: strong sexual desire, esp. as opposed to love.
Obsession: a persistant (disturbing) preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea; also an idea causing such a preoccupation.

I saw my first love recently from a distance.He was just the most handsome man you have ever seen way back in the eighties.Now he is bald and fat.I really really wish I had not seen him.I wanted to remember him the way he was.:tears:

I'm just so glad to grow older
to move away from those darker years
I'm in love for the first time
and I don't feel bad
so wish me luck my friends
goodbye

Infatuate: to inspire with powerful but short-lived feelings of love and desire.
Love: 1a(1) strong affection for another <maternal love for a child> (2) attraction based on sexual desire; strong affection and tenderness felt by lovers. b an assurance of love <give her my love>
Obsession: a persistant (disturbing) preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea; also an idea causing such a preoccupation.

I think I feel all those things! (except the maternal one :o) So, I don't know what feeling mine is, damn cupid! :mad: :p

Thanks for the help though :)

Thanks, I shall have to think about this:)

True love is unconditional. Like the love you have for a child. You don't want anything bad to happen to that person, ever.

I think I feel all those things! (except the maternal one :o) So, I don't know what feeling mine is, damn cupid! :mad: :p

Thanks for the help though :)

I'd say if the feelings last longer than a month or two, it's not simply infatuation. But then 'love' implies something more long term...
I'd say I was in love with Morrissey. That lasted for about 2 years. I'd definitely say that it's probably grown out of infatuation after 3 months.

the difference between lust and love for me is a few things, lust is simply want to f*** someone,say a one night stand, love goes far beyond that, if you meet the right someone that you can do anything with them , sit at home, have a pint,go on an adventure,go shopping for groceries, whatever, and time seems to just stand still.
just a loving glance from them,maybe a smile and it makes your day, that is love.

Of course, there's your regular love and then there's being in love. I can say to many people that I love them but I'm not in love with them.
I have been in love many times...that is more sexual, to me anyway.
I love love.

This is all getting a bit Dawsons Creek.
Ciao Bella.

the difference between lust and love for me is a few things, lust is simply want to f*** someone,say a one night stand, love goes far beyond that, if you meet the right someone that you can do anything with them , sit at home, have a pint,go on an adventure,go shopping for groceries, whatever, and time seems to just stand still.
just a loving glance from them,maybe a smile and it makes your day, that is love.

Awww. That's very sweet, and very accurate. I've had three loves in my life. Some of them are still active.

Has anyone on here ever been in love?

I have, once. My story is complicated and I never was fully "with her" so I'm unsure if that qualifies as me actually being in love. But it's the closest I've been to having Cupid's arrows shot at me.

But yeah, this topic was inspired by me seeing her for the first time in ages yesterday.

Hi,

To answer your question...I have been MANY, MANY times w/ numerous men sadly though, love is unrequited & unreturned....

You know, just the other day I was thinking that I will probably never know anyone as well as and will never be as close to anyone as to my husband. And this feeling was incredibly comforting. :o

I'm just so glad to grow older
to move away from those darker years
I'm in love for the first time
and I don't feel bad
so wish me luck my friends
goodbye

You really have a way with words, Paris ;)

... love goes far beyond that, if you meet the right someone that you can do anything with them , sit at home, have a pint,go on an adventure,go shopping for groceries, whatever, and time seems to just stand still.

:sweet: That is so nice. Wow, it's been a long time since I've felt that way about someone.

You know, just the other day I was thinking that I will probably never know anyone as well as and will never be as close to anyone as to my husband. And this feeling was incredibly comforting. :o

:sweet: That is soooo sweet.

^^^

seriously guys, cut it out. you're making me vom. :sick::p

bwuahahahahaaaa!! nugz, I can always count on you... The voice of reason. :D

I was thinking I should finally check out this "love thread" (with nothing to add :o:D) then I see your post. :guitar: Good timing ;):D

bwuahahahahaaaa!! nugz, I can always count on you... The voice of reason. :D

I was thinking I should finally check out this "love thread" (with nothing to add :o:D) then I see your post. :guitar: Good timing ;):D

I try to always bring things back down to reality. ;)

Back
Top Bottom