"Low in High School" 2 LP Deluxe Reissue (Dec. 7, 2018) details; press release

Originally posted in the thread "Morrissey Official FB: Ltd edition Low In High School deluxe double vinyl linked to pre-sale?"

Press release:

Morrissey Cements U.S. Legacy With Joan Jett Show, Top-Billing At Tropicalia Festival - Shore Fire Media
Announces Deluxe Reissue Of 'Low in High School'

Excerpt:

The high-profile set at the Microsoft Theater will also offer a VIP ticket package that includes preferred seating for the show and a limited edition reissue of his latest record 'Low in High School'. Out on December 7th, the deluxe edition is a double vinyl that includes his "touching" (Billboard) cover of The Pretenders' "Back On The Chain Gang," five (5) live B-sides from the recording session, three (3) unreleased tracks, a limited edition lithographed photograph of Morrissey, and a rare version of a photo booth portrait taken when the legendary frontman was a student.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blikey "cements U.S. legacy". I reckon me think Uncle Steve is one of the most influential Americans in U.S. history. Instead of every November 10 being Morrissey day just in Steve's hometown Moz Angeles, I reckon it should be a national holiday mate inn n n nn n n nn n n n nn n n n n it. I me reckon he has talked so much shit about England and other foreigner countries, he speaks for America. Good on ya Air Steve mate.

Billboard is where the quote ‘touching’ is taken from
Context is king.
Trying to do lots of things at once = not concentrating or thinking.
Thanks for the reminder:
(source:billboard.com).

"But his cover of the Pretenders’ “Back on the Chain Gang” was the show’s touching highlight, demonstrating that Morrissey isn’t just an idiosyncratic talent but a top-tier interpreter of other people’s material (it almost makes you wish he’d consider an entire covers record). Plus, his introduction to the tune was Morrissey at his droll best: “This song is dedicated to my good friend Chrissie Behind [Hynde], who is in an asylum. No, she isn’t -- she’s at home, KNITTING.”

Makes more sense now - cheers.
Thank you anons too - Neal's post appeared first to reply to.
FWD.

Last edited:
So, is there no Covers album, then? Just this?

Will the "live" B-Sides just be the ones already released, plus a concert version of Chain Gang?:
  • Judy
  • Hank
  • Rose Garden
  • You'll Be Gone
This press release is totally unclear.

So, is there no Covers album, then? Just this?

Will the "live" B-Sides just be the ones already released, plus a concert version of Chain Gang?:
  • Judy
  • Hank
  • Rose Garden
  • You'll Be Gone
This press release is totally unclear.

Well he’s for sure been recording something and it looks like a covers album. If it’s live recordings from the last album sessions maybe it’s just live run throughs of the lihs songs before they nailed an arrangement they wanted and started recording properly or even live versions of the songs with different arrangements they found interesting but didn’t go with as I’ve seen some of those float around in the past

This was hinted at almost a year ago by Sam, I'd given up hope of it ever getting released since the recycled racism backlash. Glad it's finally seeing the light of day, albeit in limited quantities.

The first place to offer tickets ('soon') for the Nov. 1st gig is mentioning the vinyl offer:

20180924_213136.jpg

20180924_212602.jpg

20180924_212543.jpg

20180924_213446.jpg

https://www.axs.com/events/361674/morrissey-tickets
And
https://www.axs.com/events/361674/morrissey-tickets/promos/177659

No sign of prices yet.
Regards,
FWD.

This was hinted at almost a year ago by Sam, I'd given up hope of it ever getting released since the recycled racism backlash. Glad it's finally seeing the light of day, albeit in limited quantities.
To be fair, it was speculators on Solo that turned Sam saying: "B - Sides could be singles!" on FB in to 'deluxe edition=confirmed'.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence on this ultimately.
The missing (rumoured to be) Boorer tracks would be the icing on the cake:
Blue Dreamers Eyes
Brow of My Beloved
Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
Lover To Be
This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
Assuming there's not more if these were not the tracks Joe describes as 'heartbreaking' when deciding what to leave off LIHS.
Fingers crossed.
FWD.

Last edited:
To be fair, it was speculators on Solo that turned Sam saying: "B - Sides could be singles!" on FB in to 'deluxe edition=confirmed'.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence on this ultimately.
The missing (rumoured to be) Boorer tracks would be the icing on the cake:
Blue Dreamer's Eyes
Brow of My Beloved
Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
Lover To Be
This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
Assuming there's not more if these were not the tracks Joe describes as 'heartbreaking' when deciding what to leave off LIHS.
Fingers crossed.
FWD.

I’d love to see the extra world peace songs mixed with the extra rumored lihs songs plus blue dreamers eyes and by the time on one swords like bside album. Obviously won’t happen with these being offered as extras for this release but at some point down the road that could make a nice comp

If he was taken ill would you just get to see Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and be given a double Morrissey LP or would it be no Morrissey, no album? Will the album be given out before or after and will it be in a carrier bag, or will it be posted to you later? Should people bring a bag just in case? Will people shove their hand through the bag handle and swing them around while dancing? Should eye protection be provided or might it turn into some awful Day of the Triffids scenario? If you are given the album on the night will he sign them? Will he bring a pen or should the audience each bring a pen? Should one person be tasked with bringing a pen all can use? How will that person be reimbursed? Will Joan be bringing a VIP album for the other hand? Will that have a bag or will people be expected to put both albums into one bag that may or may not be provided? Etc.

It'd be fitting if they released it with a new cover utilising the pic of him as a student. I can't see why they didn't do that in the first place rather than random shots of some kid. LIHS was not a good sleeve by any means.

I reckon all I can say is thank St Patrick I live in Moz Angeles and not Weeds, Brittin, Canadada, Serb, Sweedin, Argentininana, or some other backward foreigner place. Reckon that "kid" on the LIHS cover is Hope Sandoval's nephew. Hope Sandoval is Uncle Steve's Tuna Canyon and Brand Park hiking buddy. Crykey you foreigners here are so lost. It drives me insane.

It'd be fitting if they released it with a new cover utilising the pic of him as a student. I can't see why they didn't do that in the first place rather than random shots of some kid. LIHS was not a good sleeve by any means.

This one, I wonder? Or maybe this...

There's another long-haired one though, isn't there?

This one, I wonder? Or maybe this...

There's another long-haired one though, isn't there?

from these two, I'm guessing he'd pick the first one, or not, they're both great. Can anyone make out what his pin/badge is ? There's also the one with his hair long that's pretty cool.

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom