"Low In High School" official instrumentals

Hand these over to a lyricist and let's start again.

EDIT: Hey Marred, rate as many of my comments regarding his shit lyrics "Troll" as you'd like. You're getting trolled by someone far more skilled at it than I. Good old "Cancel is my middle name" Steve.

Last edited:
PicsArt_12-26-05.32.25.jpg

Oh G23....

Hazard

"It's a great opening line and a song title! Or should I just repeat it several times for each of the three choruses instead?"

"Gee, sounds great boss!"

"I already wrote one and a half verses and a chorus. Besides, it's called When you open your legs. I'm singing about slapping around the wiggly bits!
People will be so scandalized! It will be a hit!"

"But boss, isn't there already a song about that? And then you bring it up in that other song."

"Excellent! Now they'll be three times as scandalized. I'm a giver."

"Okay. Now what about the three demos I gave you? Do you think we should expand on them?"

"No. Just mash them together and I'll shout obvious or cruel things about war over the top."

"I don't know where to go with this keyboard lead. It's catchy, but it's also kind of horrible."

"I don't care where you go with it. I'm going to go spend the day in... WAIT. I've got it!"

"Didn't we already sing a song about police brutality? Ganglord is pretty catchy. Besides, Gustavo was listening to a lot of Depeche Mode
when he wrote it, and it really shows. We also haven't really worked out a good chorus."

"We could do another. Think about it- who will protect us from the police? Genius. They write themselves. NEXT!"

"Yes boss. Sounds great as usual! Thanks for the paycheck- I mean, PRIVILEGE of working with a true master like yourself."

"Of course. You should thank me. Now tell Damon to bring my sea-salt mill. These chips are bland and soggy."

"kind of like this album is shaping up to be, you balloon headed son of a bitch."

"What was that?"

"Nothing boss! You're the best!"

"I know!"

Very nice and thanks. Any chance you will share how you came about these?

Last edited:
Very nice and thanks. Any chance you will share how you came about these?
These tracks are available through a BMG portal
(https://songs.bmg.com/olm/start?0) that requires a password and has membership criteria - the first couple were indirectly shared via a go-between using that site. They are for 'clients' and 'partners' - the idea in regards to LIHS was track 1 was the song and track 2 was the instrumental in the catalog - hence the numbering system. As evidenced by the I Wish You Lonely link first posted:
https://songs.bmg.com/olm/view/playlist/6F4A0A65401996381146A44B9FFF40F9
Potentially (and let's face it, demand isn't going to be high for Morrissey instrumentals - you may very occasionally hear a Smiths track in the background on TV, but thats normally with vocals), TV and the such can then run the instrumental in the background of something (and is probably cheaper to license without vocals).
The mechanics of the account, how it allows mp3 downloads / sharing and how big a catalogue people can access are the only bits that are limited information.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
There is an explicit name and email address in the comments section of the mp3 tags (not the ones I uploaded). I'd hazard a guess that that is the source?

There is an explicit name and email address in the comments section of the mp3 tags (not the ones I uploaded). I'd hazard a guess that that is the source?

Indeed. Rookie mistake. I would guess Max is either in a heap of trouble, or is on the warpath.

Max Mitchell is BMG's 'Sync Coordination Manager' I believe - he is the point of contact for all music via their catalog and his name appears at the bottom of the IWYL link above. I suspect that he's quite innocent in it all tbh.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah I can't understand how anyone could listen to these songs without that majestic voice. Vocally, he's better than ever.

Yeah I can't understand how anyone could listen to these songs without that majestic voice. Vocally, he's better than ever.

They are interesting to me because you can hear the arrangements much more clearly, especially the guitar parts.

I enjoyed several of the songs that I otherwise didn't. Spent the Day In Bed was still grating to me, vocals or no. Some of the songs, I bury the living, Israel, etc were rather good musically, which led me to believe that the lyrics/melody were the offending part. Others, like Who Will Protect us? were musically very dull, and Home is a question mark suffered greatly in his absence when the music didn't hold up. Honestly, I thought the music was pretty great before hearing it on its own. It sounded very Morrissey-music-by-template.

So, long n' short- Some of the songs were carried by Morrissey, but many of them were wasted on him.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom