"Low In High School" official instrumentals

Max Mitchell is BMG's 'Sync Coordination Manager' I believe - he is the point of contact for all music via their catalog and his name appears at the bottom of the IWYL link above. I suspect that he's quite innocent in it all tbh.
Regards,
FWD.
Like most here I don't care about the why, what and who to be honest and just want to listen to the music. So once again a huge thanks for making these available.

I enjoyed several of the songs that I otherwise didn't.
Same here. Listening to the instrumental "Girl from Tel-Aviv" now, which holds its own quite nicely without vocal. A Leonard Cohen vocal would fit quite well though, or a Paolo Conte one (but perhaps the piano isn't sloppy enough for that ;-) )

Last edited:
Same here. Listening to the instrumental "Girl from Tel-Aviv" now, which holds its own quite nicely without vocal. A Leonard Cohen vocal would fit quite well though, or a Paolo Conte one (but perhaps the piano isn't sloppy enough for that ;-) )
It does sound like it should have been written for Cohen, doesn't it? When you open your legs sounds really pleasant without the vocal too. It's not a heavyweight composition, but it calls to mind listening to my grandmother's Herb Alpert and Martin Denny albums when I was younger, and I still say that Tom Jones should cover it.

Hand these over to a lyricist and let's start again.
That's funny but I think Moz songs benefit greatly from the melodies he imposes on them. He has been handed some rare shit from 'musicians' down through the years.

That's funny but I think Moz songs benefit greatly from the melodies he imposes on them. He has been handed some rare shit from 'musicians' down through the years.
Oh definitely. This album is equal parts shit and shinola,(musically speaking) and Found Found Found isn't going to earn any accolades on the music alone. BUT- his lyrics are so weak anymore. Bereft of humor, pathos, wit, and charm. No cunning wordplay, very few double meanings. I hope he scraps the whole tour, honestly, and sits down to think about what he's done, what he's doing, and what he will do. And if he decides he'd rather hang up hummingbird feeders and lounge in the garden away from the public for the next 5 years, I support him fully.

Oh definitely. This album is equal parts shit and shinola,(musically speaking) and Found Found Found isn't going to earn any accolades on the music alone. BUT- his lyrics are so weak anymore. Bereft of humor, pathos, wit, and charm. No cunning wordplay, very few double meanings. I hope he scraps the whole tour, honestly, and sits down to think about what he's done, what he's doing, and what he will do. And if he decides he'd rather hang up hummingbird feeders and lounge in the garden away from the public for the next 5 years, I support him fully.
Could it be a case of being too comfortable and too rich? Artists sometimes produce their best work when they are struggling. However it's not as simple as that either because The Cure made Kiss Me and Disintegration even though they were filthy rich by then.
It could be Moz surrounding himself with ass licking yes men. Nobody has the guts to stand up to him.

Can anyone bring me some info on the soundclips used in Jackie ?
They were scrapped in the instrumental version.

Tnx.

I've added these to my music library, needed a cover... made this... good enough for my needs... may or may not be useful for others so I'll post.

(Had to shrink it quite a bit to upload here)

Attachments

• Morrissey-LIHS-ATL.jpg
    Morrissey-LIHS-ATL.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Could it be a case of being too comfortable and too rich? Artists sometimes produce their best work when they are struggling. However it's not as simple as that either because The Cure made Kiss Me and Disintegration even though they were filthy rich by then.
It could be Moz surrounding himself with ass licking yes men. Nobody has the guts to stand up to him.
I think he couldn't be more Elvis at this point if he just took up residency in Vegas. Maybe he should, honestly, because at least then when people spent their hard earned money to travel, they would have something else to do close by even if he cancelled at the last minute. Any writer is going to have ebb and flow points. But will he recover? It doesn't seem like it anymore. He would do well to have a hardcore taskmaster not only produce and say no or not good enough, but also, a guest band. Look at Iggy Pop for example. His late era albums were often garbage until Josh Homme put together a band and lit a fire under his ass. Post Pop Depression was amazing. A fitting swan song for the man. What Morrissey has made is more Goose-fart than Swan song.

EDIT: And I must add, Robert Smith, despite his reputation as a perfectionist, seems like a much, much more easy going personality type than M.

:lbf: having opinions can be a fun way to pass the time.

I think he couldn't be more Elvis at this point if he just took up residency in Vegas. Maybe he should, honestly, because at least then when people spent their hard earned money to travel, they would have something else to do close by even if he cancelled at the last minute. Any writer is going to have ebb and flow points. But will he recover? It doesn't seem like it anymore. He would do well to have a hardcore taskmaster not only produce and say no or not good enough, but also, a guest band. Look at Iggy Pop for example. His late era albums were often garbage until Josh Homme put together a band and lit a fire under his ass. Post Pop Depression was amazing. A fitting swan song for the man. What Morrissey has made is more Goose-fart than Swan song.

I've also thought the residency thing might be something he does. Would love to see him start over with an entirely new band and producer - unfortunately, he's the one person that doesn't seem to think something's broken.

I've also thought the residency thing might be something he does. Would love to see him start over with an entirely new band and producer - unfortunately, he's the one person that doesn't seem to think something's broken.
I really liked World Peace and I also like Low In High School, and I also like the instrumental version of that album (as made available recently on Moz Solo), but I do think that it's years overdue for Moz to change his band. Not saying anything against them but he needs new songwriters. He should be at that stage in his career when he has nothing to lose and should try new talent, even if it is just a b-side to begin with. I know a couple of the current band members are relatively new but it's time for him to break free from Boz and Jesse and try other people, at least for the songwriting part.

BUT- his lyrics are so weak anymore. Bereft of humor, pathos, wit, and charm. No cunning wordplay, very few double meanings.
This has been my "problem" ever since his comeback with YATQ, after the wilderness years. Two things immediately struck me - his voice had become better, matured, while at the same time his lyrics had grown rather direct, not to say coarse (allowing of course for a few exceptions to the rule in both directions -- "Handsome Devil" isn't exactly a masterclass in subtlety.)

Last edited:
I enjoyed several of the songs that I otherwise didn't.

So, long n' short- Some of the songs were carried by Morrissey, but many of them were wasted on him.

Oh G23...........

Wasted on him ? I am falling around on the floor giggling and laughing at THIS ridiculous statement. You do KNOW who you are talking about ? Morrissey - one of the world's best artists - could turn a game of Scrabble into a lyrical-library-of-famous-words. The only words that you are quoting are spiteful bile - sorry but you know it too. Stop it.

Viva Morrissey,
Hazard
x

Oh G23...........

Wasted on him ? I am falling around on the floor giggling and laughing at THIS ridiculous statement. You do KNOW who you are talking about ? Morrissey - one of the world's best artists - could turn a game of Scrabble into a lyrical-library-of-famous-words. The only words that you are quoting are spiteful bile - sorry but you know it too. Stop it.

Viva Morrissey,
Hazard
x
I know very well who I'm talking about. And spiteful bile...
That's rich. He should play more scrabble. It pays to enrich one's word power so that maybe they could write a rhyme that didn't come from the top 3 results in a rhyming dictionary.

Yeah I can't understand how anyone could listen to these songs without that majestic voice. Vocally, he's better than ever.
Quite Vegan. like decaffeinated coffee. Have you heard Live at Earls Court? ( I was there!). The voice is particularly triffic . The version of Hector is a wonderment.

I know very well who I'm talking about. And spiteful bile...
That's rich. He should play more scrabble. It pays to enrich one's word power so that maybe they could write a rhyme that didn't come from the top 3 results in a rhyming dictionary.
Anyone who collapses after reading a mildly critical post should consult a doctor immediately.

Anyone who collapses after reading a mildly critical post should consult a doctor immediately.
I will never apologize for being critical of the man. If say, Aerosmith released a shit album, and Steven Tyler made similar statements in the media, I would shrug and say "Aerosmith had a good run. That's weird they would tank themselves like this." But we're talking about the gold standard of (formerly) meaningful music here.

Some of my best friends in life who have been there the longest, are the ones who have never hesitated to say "I love you, G, but you've got your head up your ass on this one." Honesty in response to questionable behavior is a true hallmark of a good friend. I wish him more good friends who aren't afraid to stand up to him. Even if it means a windshield postcard, or a pissy fax in return.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom