"Low In High School" pre-order and tracklisting at Mporium (9 bundles)

Just received an email from MPorium about the opening of pre-orders for Low In High School:

https://uk.mporium.org/
https://us.mporium.org/

Tracklisting is shown as:
  1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel
40746_6_800_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I bury the living is either going to be wonderful, or a soggy plod with no in-between at a running time of 7.25

I just think he no longer measures success by the acclaim his music might get, but by the controversy it creates.

I listened to Spent The Day In Bed twice an hour ago. I couldn't hum it, whistle it or sing the chorus if my life depended on it. The music is unremarkable and the lyric forgettable.

Hee hee, that's really why you are not a musician Johnny Barleycorner, because you are tone deaf. It's not your fault, however, some people are..... Obviously you are joking. So am I x

oh wow. These song titles are bad , like really bad . As many have said almost like a parody of a Morrissey album . As a longtime fan I really hoped this new album would be some kind of return but based on the new single and these titles and that awful cover I really don't know . This hamfisted attempt at being political or whatever is really laughable . I actually really liked all the albums up to and including YOR but not World Peace . The sad truth is Morrissey has changed . Lyrically it's just over . The music is so unimaginative . The problem is that although contrary to what a lot of people say here , the band are actually technically good musicians but the main problem is they both write and play like session musicians , soulless and with no character . Sure when you saw them live back in the day with Alain , Spencer etc they could be a little rougher around the edges but there was soul and a realness to the music that came through in the writing and the playing which is sorely missing. Morrissey's voice is strong and in some ways better than it has ever been but there is no longer any empathy in his vocal delivery and certainly none in his lyrics . Aside from the genius and beauty of his previous writing it was his empathy in both the lyrics and vocal delivery. Now he sounds cold , detached and hollow although technically strong . His brilliance was so great at his peak that no matter how mediocre and pedestrian his work is fans and critics will still fool themselves that it is somehow genius just because it is Morrissey but how anyone can compare this new single and the World Peace album to his best work I will never get . God though ...these song titles . jesus wept . a sad day indeed

The ONLY sad thing about any of this - music and so on - is actually wasting time reading this load of drivel/rubbish/crap/all three..... x

So, I bury the living is either going to be wonderful, or a soggy plod with no in-between at a running time of 7.25

Maybe it's just padded out with 2 minutes worth of ambient random sounds at the start - like 'I'm Not a Man'?

Hee hee, that's really why you are not a musician Johnny Barleycorner, because you are tone deaf. It's not your fault, however, some people are..... Obviously you are joking. So am I x

I’ve grown to like “Spent” a little more in recent days, aided in part by Irregular Regular’s edit, but you don’t have to be Herbert Von Karajan to realise Morrissey is not producing the quality of material he was producing even a decade ago.

Morrissey’s message to the world is now don’t vote and don’t watch the news. I hear a rumour he’ll be performing his upcoming tour dates whilst locked inside a wardrobe.

He has entirely withdrawn from the world unless there’s money in it for him. He has swapped criticism of the way the world is run for locking horns with low level uniformed civil servants. The world isn’t short of those people. We are short of the sort of people Morrissey at his best can be.

I’ve grown to like “Spent” a little more in recent days, aided in part by Irregular Regular’s edit, but you don’t have to be Herbert Von Karajan to realise Morrissey is not producing the quality of material he was producing even a decade ago.

Two decades ago, yes, but 10 years ago? You're joking. Ringleader was just duff. A couple of good songs (Pigsty, Hero), but otherwise nothing but patchy indie chug rock. The new song is much better than the average ROTT composition, although that's not saying much.

or maybe it'll be as great as 'Late Night,Maudlin Street' !

nah, nobody would want that. ;)

Morrissey’s message to the world is now don’t vote and don’t watch the news. I hear a rumour he’ll be performing his upcoming tour dates whilst locked inside a wardrobe.

He has entirely withdrawn from the world unless there’s money in it for him. He has swapped criticism of the way the world is run for locking horns with low level uniformed civil servants. The world isn’t short of those people. We are short of the sort of people Morrissey at his best can be.

'I hear a rumour he’ll be performing his upcoming tour dates whilst locked inside a wardrobe.'

inside a wardrobe ? like John and Yoko's 'BAGISM' ?

wow, maybe people's comparisons to 'Bed-in for peace' and M's new single are true ! :thumb:

'it's total communication' - J Lennon

:)

Good question... I really just want to buy the CD and cassette but not the $65 bundle
That should be totally possible. The CD certainly won't be an issue.
Amazon Germany is already listing the cassette for 8 euros / $8.61 - I'm sure the others will follow. A couple of UK indie shops are selling it along with UK Mporium too. I mention all this as the cassette shows sold out on the US Mporium site.
20170926_052257.png

Super Deluxe Edition say there are 16 variations of the album (!?) which is rather staggering compared to WPINOYB.
Best of luck.
FWD.
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/morrissey-low-in-high-school/

That should be totally possible. The CD certainly won't be an issue.
Amazon Germany is already listing the cassette for 8 euros / $8.61 - I'm sure the others will follow. A couple of UK indie shops are selling it along with UK Mporium too. I mention all this as the cassette shows sold out on the US Mporium site.
View attachment 42328
Super Deluxe Edition say there are 16 variations of the album (!?) which is rather staggering compared to WPINOYB.
Best of luck.
FWD.
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/morrissey-low-in-high-school/
Thanks! I didn't even see that option (obviously). I just saw the bundles page and foolishly didn't click around. :straightface:

Do we know who the child is on the cover? Just had a thought that maybe it is the same child from the Years of Refusal cover. Kid looks like he could be about the right age.

Do we know who the child is on the cover? Just had a thought that maybe it is the same child from the Years of Refusal cover. Kid looks like he could be about the right age.
The child on the cover of Years of Refusal was Sebastien Pesel-Browne (son of Moz's Assistant Tour Manager).
The child on the cover of LIHS is Max Lopez (son of Mando Lopez).
Regards,
FWD.

So, preorder from the official store, don't get it on release day or even an mp3 version to make do with. f***ing useless, I'll stick to amazon or hmv.

Have any US pre-orders been received yet? I ordered the CD on September 22, and the quoted release date was November 17. Other band stores usually have merch in my hands on or immediately after release. My order at the Mporium store shows "paid" but "unfulfilled." Plan to follow up with the vendor, but interested in others' experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom