Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
It's like half of you missed the "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all" memo when you were children. Just be nice. It's that simple.

I guess it's OK that Morrissey missed that memo, though, right? Because, you know, he's Morrissey.

I guess it's OK that Morrissey missed that memo, though, right? Because, you know, he's Morrissey.

What ever do you mean? He's sensitive! He, like, lays around naked all day crying into flowers because his life is so hard.

This video illustrates a bit of Morrissey's hypocricy: He encourages stage invaders and at the same time tolerates his protectors to choke and manhandle those who do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, humans are weak. Weak does not equal, or need to equal, helpless. She had the stamina, drive, passion, money, and the resources to follow Morrissey around on tour...but not to live a regular life. Let me borrow one of my girlfriend's violins...

Thanks for your insight, Deepak.

The fact is Skylarker is common and lives a common life and always will. Morrissey is uncommon and lives an uncommon life and always will. Skylarker can't stand that Morrissey is something special and Skylarker is not and never will be.

Funny, where did I mention Morrissey in that post?

Well nowhere, silly, but surely you can't expect to tell forum posters here to be nice and polite when the guy whose praises you're singing, and in whose name we all gather here for better or worse, is one of the nastiest, most hateful and vicious people ever to walk the Earth. Why that would almost be hypocritical!

Well nowhere, silly, but surely you can't expect to tell forum posters here to be nice and polite when the guy whose praises you're singing, and in whose name we all gather here for better or worse, is one of the nastiest, most hateful and vicious people ever to walk the Earth. Why that would almost be hypocritical!

I suppose I'm just a dumbass then.

I suppose I'm just a dumbass then.

tumblr_m7ar9cg04W1qcs7kp.gif

God bless yer Madge, we will love and miss you. Shine on u crazy diamond. Mozza is a poofter.

I just scrolled through page 8 of skylarkers post without reading them. See, its not that hard.

That's been my suggestion. Ignore these people and they will go away. Dignifying them with a response only enables their desperate attempts for attention. That they will use the death of complete stranger to do so is really sad.

That's been my suggestion. Ignore these people and they will go away. Dignifying them with a response only enables their desperate attempts for attention. That they will use the death of complete stranger to do so is really sad.

When Morrissey puts down a fat chick Skylarker gives him an attaboy, but delve into emotion given to a deceased person and it flips a freaky switch. At any rate, I hope her family isn't reading this.

"place an obese McDonalds fry-girl into a venue security uniform and she is suddenly Eva Braun."

:lbf:

When he says shit like that it's pretty hard to hate him completely.

On a more serious note, double pneumonia sounds pretty grim. I hope the old f***head gets better soon.

Good to see things are still the same over at Moz-Solo....

I'm worried about the people Morrissey has surrounded himself with. I'm sure he's telling them that he can do the shows but ,clearly he's not well. He's not going to get better if he is hopping on a tour bus going to a different city every other day. I know that there's a lot of money involve. If he doesn't play, nobody gets paid. But, enough is enough. Its a shame that nobody from his group or even family could tell him to stop for a few months.

Yes, humans are weak. Weak does not equal, or need to equal, helpless. She had the stamina, drive, passion, money, and the resources to follow Morrissey around on tour...but not to live a regular life. Let me borrow one of my girlfriend's violins...

I work, and I directly confront people and problems I have contention with, instead of shrinking away like a puss or hiding behind others.

LOL. Come get me, big boy.

I'm a fan of his music, not of him as a person. I do find him interesting and discussion worthy, though, because he's a trainwreck.

You can discuss something and not need to be effusively positive about it.

You could say that about anyone participating in this thread. Just because my views are deemed negative doesn't make me more invested in the topic.

Show me where I "wished death" on someone. My comment was a tongue in cheek reference to Morrissey's own comment about Bush nine years ago when Reagan died. But you blindly worship Morrissey, so it's OK when he says someone should have died when someone else - in Reagan's case a great former leader of the best nation in the world- actually did die.

It's called irony. Look it up.

You can start ameliorating the overpopulation problem by removing yourself...

LOL. What "music" has Morrissey created? He writes words. He is dependent on others to provide music, and to create the final song. Just as he is dependent on others to solve his problems for him.

His lack of conforming is not a strength...it's born of weakness. He got lucky because Marr found him and wrenched him from his mother's vagina. Morrissey is marginally talented, but that talent is not analogous to flawlessness. He's a coward, and cowards can't make art. Not immortal art, anyway. You can't make art that transcends life when you are afraid of life...and he is.

Morrissey is a mama's boy. Always has been, always will be. He is not a man.

I'm not sure who Margret is either but I know a Mary when I see one...

Holden Caufield says that's a cool story, bro. lolz

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom