Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
Re:

Sadly, many die alone and no one hears that cry. We lost one of our students last year, 4 FEB. She was a freshman and her final FB post was: "I'm done." The level of sickening cruelty posted on her FB wall following her death was monstrous. I didn't read it; I listened to her pained father recount it at the memorial service for her in the gym. The other day, I was at work (I work in a public H.S.) and gouged in the wall in the girls' room were these words: "PAIN IS ALL I HAVE". We live in a hurting world. Moz has done some very incredible things with his music and his outspokenness;the best we can do is to not add to the pain and suffering of others. In 100 years it WILL matter.

Im sorry 2 hear about this, it allways affects me when I hear about another little one whos ended there life, so tragic.
Ofteren all they want and need is a little bit of kindness, care and understanding ect 2 prevent such a tragic loss.

There are of course many websites up that pay lovery tributes 2 childern who have died ect, unfortunatly however these sites are oftern targeted by nasty trolls who post discusting lies ect about those that have passed away :(

Re:

We live in a hurting world. Moz has done some very incredible things with his music and his outspokenness;the best we can do is to not add to the pain and suffering of others. In 100 years it WILL matter.

But he himself does add to the pain and hurt of others too. The only difference is he does it to easy targets. The breaking point for me was Morrissey's Norway comment. Only a sociopath could come out with that and in my eyes he will never recover.

For the most part the trolling comments have NOTHING to do with Margret or her memory. They have everything to do with Moz using her death as the launching pad for another tirade against pop culture, instead of just commenting on her AS HE SHOULD HAVE, AS ANYONE WITH EMPATHY AND TACT SHOULD HAVE.

My Mother tried to commit suicide on Tuesday at age 71...because of a chronic diziness condition. And YOU, Moz, manage to bring in the Beckham's life into Margaret's death? I have "known" you since eighty two...but really, if you wrote that, the Moz is dead.

Re:

But he himself does add to the pain and hurt of others too. The only difference is he does it to easy targets. The breaking point for me was Morrissey's Norway comment. Only a sociopath could come out with that and in my eyes he will never recover.

true. It doesn't mean I should do likewise ;)

For the most part the trolling comments have NOTHING to do with Margret or her memory. They have everything to do with Moz using her death as the launching pad for another tirade against pop culture, instead of just commenting on her AS HE SHOULD HAVE, AS ANYONE WITH EMPATHY AND TACT SHOULD HAVE.

What is that supposed to mean? What do you want from him? It was very beautiful that he took time even tho he is feeling miserable to write something about Margaret. He didn't know her personally. Most rock stars wouldn't take the time to do that. The man cant take a breath without being condemned. I would love it if he wrote something about me if I died. I dont care if he included a snippet of the daily news. It would still be an honor cause its from Morrissey.

Last edited:
This thread is so embarrassing, but I wanted to express my sympathies.

I didn't personally know Margaret either, but first saw her at the 2011 shows in Scotland. She was at the front of the line at all the shows I went to, sleeping on the sidewalk almost every night. She was quiet and I'd never had a formal introduction, but I knew who she was through friends of friends. I recently saw her about two weeks ago at the San Diego show where she managed a stage invasion, planting a nice kiss on Moz (around 3:03 min):

After the show I saw her waiting by the stage door and, stupidly, I didn't offer my congratulations on her stage invasion. I felt shy and weird that I recognized her from two years prior, but she probably had no idea who I was. I figured I would see her at other shows and wait until another time to talk to her. Now it's too late. :tears: My deepest condolences to her friends and family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is Margret?

No, just a misanthrope.

So if he's a misanthrope, does that mean that he doesn't actually give a shit about Ms. Dale's death?

Fake?

When you are in your cold, cold grave, you may not care less. Some of us liked Margaret. Is that too hard to understand?

So some people are weak - we all are.

Don't tell me this isn't the place to remember her. It's one of several.

Be nice.

P.

Yes, humans are weak. Weak does not equal, or need to equal, helpless. She had the stamina, drive, passion, money, and the resources to follow Morrissey around on tour...but not to live a regular life. Let me borrow one of my girlfriend's violins...

If Morrissey is the standard you're using Skylarker, then what accomplishments of yours compare to his?

I work, and I directly confront people and problems I have contention with, instead of shrinking away like a puss or hiding behind others.

You made the ultimate derogatory statement about Morrissey and now you must be killed. :mad:

LOL. Come get me, big boy.

Well, this is a pretty absurd logic, isn't it? It would be almost the same as to say that "if Hitler killed jews, then it should be OK for me to do it as well". The statement you made is not very nice, and you still hasn't responded to why you're at this page. Why so hung-up on Morrissey and checking this site daily, as it appears you are, if you're not a fan?

I'm a fan of his music, not of him as a person. I do find him interesting and discussion worthy, though, because he's a trainwreck.

You can discuss something and not need to be effusively positive about it.

You're way too invested in how others choose to live and die.

You could say that about anyone participating in this thread. Just because my views are deemed negative doesn't make me more invested in the topic.

I cannot believe people on here are wishing death on each other after somebody really has died.
Get over yourselves.
Morrissey made a heartfelt, loving statement which was personal and meant as a gesture of good will. Then somebody such as skylarker says Morrissey should have died instead. This really does make me want to cry at the horror of it all - people at their absolute worst. It is little wonder Mozzer hates this site with the likes of these cretins.
I would not wish death on anybody, even someone I hated so God only knows why you would do it as a so called 'fan' on a Morrissey forum of all things!

Show me where I "wished death" on someone. My comment was a tongue in cheek reference to Morrissey's own comment about Bush nine years ago when Reagan died. But you blindly worship Morrissey, so it's OK when he says someone should have died when someone else - in Reagan's case a great former leader of the best nation in the world- actually did die.

It's called irony. Look it up.

HAHA, it most certanily does not. Are you aware of how many people Morrissey has helped and influenced? Now compare that to what yours/Skylarkers children probably will. Producing chidlren in a world that's already over-populated is not a great accomplishment.

You can start ameliorating the overpopulation problem by removing yourself...

Oh, did you create a prolific library of music? Are you a rock icon? Are you a musical genius and a legend? I think he's been a very productive member of society. Morrissey never conformed to what society dictates we should do ie: marriage, babies, etc. And that outweighs everything.

LOL. What "music" has Morrissey created? He writes words. He is dependent on others to provide music, and to create the final song. Just as he is dependent on others to solve his problems for him.

His lack of conforming is not a strength...it's born of weakness. He got lucky because Marr found him and wrenched him from his mother's vagina. Morrissey is marginally talented, but that talent is not analogous to flawlessness. He's a coward, and cowards can't make art. Not immortal art, anyway. You can't make art that transcends life when you are afraid of life...and he is.

Morrissey is a mama's boy. Always has been, always will be. He is not a man.

He's a werewolf?! *gasp*

th

Who is Margret?

I'm not sure who Margret is either but I know a Mary when I see one...

220px-Morrissey_crop_tie.jpg

I work, and I directly confront people and problems I have contention with, instead of shrinking away like a puss or hiding behind others.

You could say that about anyone participating in this thread. Just because my views are deemed negative doesn't make me more invested in the topic.

[/IMG]

oh, please. morrissey airs unpopular views all the time with his name and face present alongside. that's not cowardice. the fact that you think working and confronting problems are accomplishments equal to what morrissey has achieved is hilariously self-bloating. you go, girl.

i didn't say you were MORE invested in the topic. i said you were TOO invested in the topic.

It's like half of you missed the "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all" memo when you were children. Just be nice. It's that simple.

It's like half of you missed the "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all" memo when you were children. Just be nice. It's that simple.

That's just something pussies say...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom