Mark Nevin (and family): "King Leer" cover (June 27, 2020)

Sweet. Not the greatest but they look like they are having fun, check out his version of I know it’s gonna happen someday on YouTube, it’s great

A lovely song. I always loved watching Morrissey perform this on the Kill Uncle tour.

I tried to surprise you with vodKAH

"The Nevin Family Live For Highgate Festival"

A family rendition of his co-written King Leer - starts at 35:10.

Regards,
FWD.

I like Mark Nevon and the Kill Uncle songs but when I hear the songs that he wrote on Your Arsenal I can't help but think what Kill Uncle would've sounded like if Morrissey hadn't used the demos for the finished product as it were. I think he would of had the rockabilly sound he was after.

sick of the sight of you could defo be a morrissey title.quite enjoyed that,great family.

I absolutely adore live music. The passion and joy, splayed across the beaming faces of the players, as they enter into that communal state of rapture and ecstasy where they transcend their wretched humanity and become living gateways to the muse.

However, this is not that. Look at those poor f***ing trained monkey children. :laughing:

Am I the only person who would like to see all of Morrissey's ex-bandmates get together to form one huge supergroup? Call it 'Lawnmowers United' or something. I'd be down for that.

Music wise I wish the original was recorded like this, acoustic and the violin are great, loose and playful.

Though I was afraid that Nevin was gonna start scat singing half way through! :fearscream:

Would be a v nice gesture if Steve posted a link to this on Central.

Am I the only person who would like to see all of Morrissey's ex-bandmates get together to form one huge supergroup? Call it 'Lawnmowers United' or something. I'd be down for that.
Si no esta Moz no sirve ningun super grupo sin la super vos de Mozy

Bet they all enjoyed a cuppa cow’s milk and cheese afterwards like Mozz Sticks enjoys doing after gigs.

Kill Uncle is so underrated. Mark Nevin wrote many quality songs with Morrissey that will bring us joy till the end of our days.

But let’s face it, Mark simply can’t sing. Even his studio recordings are off-key.

I've often thought that Johnny could really have a good time of it if he reunited The Smiths without Morrissey and did a tour called "Johnny & The Marrs" featuring special famous guest vocalists sourced from his many friends in the industry. I'd see that in a hot minute.

jgeJB7xgbXCC.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom