Matt Stocks YT: "Life In The Stocks" #88 Boz Boorer (1st aired 2019 / YT upload: August 11, 2021)

Guitarist, songwriter & producer Boz Boorer joins Matt for this week's episode of Life In The Stocks to discuss all things glam, punk & rockabilly, and working with the likes of Adam Ant, Edwyn Collins & Kirsty MacColl.
Boz has also been Morrissey's right hand man for the best part of three decades, serving as Mozza's band leader & collaborator for the last 28 years - so there's plenty to discuss there too.
And we squeeze in time to talk about Boz's favourite past time: record collecting.

Shared on YT today by Matt.
I think this slipped under the radar or is hidden somewhere around 2019 when it was 1st broadcast.
Boz recounts how he met Morrissey, events leading up to him joining the band & gig antics - worth a listen.
Lots of details and history for those interested.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Never knew that Boz knew Moz from
back in the Kill Uncle days.
Always thought he meet'em at the same
time as Al W and those guys.

i like how boz is always like "i can't speak for morrissey". very smart way to keep your job.

Yep, happens at most places of business between employers and employees.

Maybe but in respecful workplaces you don't have to worry about being fired because you openly disagree with the boss.

Yeah, it’s a rare thing in the real world, never been my experience. And ‘respectful workplaces’ that’s a funny combination of words.

And I don’t think Boz was worried about disagreeing with his ‘boss’.

i like how boz is always like "i can't speak for morrissey". very smart way to keep your job.
A song title like « How can anybody possibly know how I feel ? « suggests it is better not to speak for Morrissey because you would be getting it wrong anywa. My feeling is that Morrissey isn’t necessarily sharing his thoughts with his musician, let alone the inspiration for his lyrics. So I would say that Boz is a wise man to just mind his own business (and he always seems to have something gong on).

Never knew that Boz knew Moz from
back in the Kill Uncle days.
Always thought he meet'em at the same
time as Al W and those guys.
I'm pretty sure he's credited on the Sing Your Life single, unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: Or it might be Alain Whyte I'm thinking of.

Last edited:
Also no one has any business speaking for other people regardless. The question is, has he kept his job? I'm not suggesting because of anything Boorer has said, but the new line up suggests otherwise. 30 years is a long time.

Last edited:
sorry

what's that album Boz mentions called something "the ? sound sessions"
i can't hear what he says
it's after " sticky fingers with the rolling stones"
and before " never mind the bollocks with the pistols"
it's at 49.49 into the interview

ta

sorry

what's that album Boz mentions called something "the ? sound sessions"
i can't hear what he says
it's after " sticky fingers with the rolling stones"
and before " never mind the bollocks with the pistols"
it's at 49.49 into the interview

ta
Elvis Sun Sessions.
No self-respecting R'n'R fan would be without them.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom