Morrissey Central "Meat Loaf. RIP." (January 21, 2022)

It's not irrelevant, it's ironic.

You mean you get pleasure from it?

It gives you a chance to say that you were ‘right’ and someone else was ‘wrong’, a real ego stroking.

Would not have picked Morrissey to be a Meat Loaf fan...
Yeah, this initially threw me, but the posted video makes it pretty clear he's a fan of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' - which is right up Moz's alley, and sits comfortably next to his love of drag acts, gender-bending artists like New York Dolls etc. I doubt we'll get any cover versions of 'Bat Out of Hell' on the next tour, though I'd love to be proved wrong!

i wont lie, im a little hungry (having had nothing but hot chocolate yesterday, and a smoothie the day before, and a bowl of soup the day before that--none of which i could taste) and meat loaf sounds preeeeetttttyyyyy good about now.

You mean you get pleasure from it?

It gives you a chance to say that you were ‘right’ and someone else was ‘wrong’, a real ego stroking.

No, I don't like it at all. It's grimly sad that people are brainwashed into not doing something to save themselves. And moreover, trying to convince other people to act against their own interests. What do you call it?

No, I don't like it at all.

Well, your post didn’t come off that way.
It's grimly sad that people are brainwashed into not doing something to save themselves.

If someone because of their health is in a do or die situation, then they should opt for the thing that might save them, I agree. But again, it is the individuals choice, not ours.

I don’t know what Meatloaf’s situation was, or why he made the decisions that he made, do you? I mean, you’re not saying he was ‘brainwashed’ though? or, are you?

And moreover, trying to convince other people to act against their own interests. What do you call it?

I agree, no one should be coerced into putting something into their
body that they don’t want in them, it is their right to make that choice and they shouldn’t be punished for it. The same way a woman can have an abortion if she feels it’s the right choice for her, it’s her body, her life.

I agree, no one should be coerced into putting something into their
body that they don’t want in them, it is their right to make that choice and they shouldn’t be punished for it. The same way a woman can have an abortion if she feels it’s the right choice for her, it’s her body, her life.
Totally not the same thing. I thought you were smarter than that.

Bat Out Of Hell is a stunning album, more a rock musical than simply a rock album and he was a great performer on stage so it's sad to hear of his death.

So this story is just someone being paid to write it simply to say someone died of COVID but is not true?

No, no one dies of covid. You die because you have a few other illnesses and you are old and/or fat. Just like people died of the flu before covid was invented. You just look up the figures. It's exactly the same. You still don't get the hoax?

Totally not the same thing. I thought you were smarter than that.

Really? You don’t believe people should have the right to choose what they do with their body? their life? I thought you were smart enough to understand my comparison, I guess not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom