Memories & questions

Hi all,
New to the forums, so apologies if I cover matters already discussed.
I was lucky enough to work at a venue during the time The Smiths were together.
I'm happy to be corrected on dates as we are talking nearly 30yrs ago.....eek!
I was lucky enough to see the band 3 times - once at Liverpool poly (now John Moore's University) and twice at my place of work- that being the Royal Court in Liverpool. My bosses were good enough to let me do very little work on one day they played and, while normally I'd not bother with autographs, as I considered the venue a place were artists should have time off from being bugged by fans, I was lucky enough to have my 'Meat is Murder album' signed by all 4 members.....and also to hare 'There is a light' at the sound-check prior to its release - It stood out on first hearing. I'm not familiar with how Morrissey normal signs his name but it was in capital letters with an inverted Y.
After the split I was in the company of some friends at The Flying Picket' venue and Mike Joyce was among them. This was not long after the court case were, as we all know, Joyce received a substantial amount. I jokingly said to him ' So how much is a signed copy of Meat is Murder worth these days?' his answer was 'F**k all to me, Mate'. Don't recall him getting the beers in though, but must give him credit for his quick and witty retort.
I do hope that one day the two songwriters of the band collaborate though.
Middle aged git that I now am I feel so lucky to have witnessed the time they were together. Teasing from pals was water off a duck's back and my answer to those dismissing them as 'Miserable' was that they listen to the joyous sound of Marr's guitar. Love to you all who understand how special it all was. x

bullshitting-721583.jpg

Much nicer than living in an othe brand of rice pudding, How nice of you to ask

So I post a pic of a bull shitting on your thread and you say nothing?

y....wondered the same myself. \ isn't as if \i said anything to provoke. Certainly doesn't inspire people to contribute. Without wishing to stereotype ( we're all different) I assumed an appreciation of The Smiths and Morrissey was generally the domain of intelligent folk wanting to celebrate the band's short lived carer. I didn't necessarily any response but or for anyone to care particularly but like the man himself said in the docu prior to his resurgence 'there'always a fly in the ointment'. I posed out of passion thinking 'the in the company of like-minded folk. Oh for the ays before there was a crowd at the back of a gig downing lager amd shoting to their muckers rather than listening for enjoyment. 'Truly Disappointed'

I have to agree this place has got very quiet with little of interest to read about during Moz's year off, we get a nice little memoir from a fresh face, and all we do is slate him. thanks William.

Well William Terence Fischer, I am sorry.

I think that the majority in my short time as a contributor are good folk. I was humoured that the only negative one then posted to speak of their disappointment in my not caring.
Wishing you all the best for xmas and new year.....even the one who googles defecating cow images rather than attempting siring together a proper response to my non-contentious posts :p
Awwww.... bless

I think that the majority in my short time as a contributor are good folk. I was humoured that the only negative one then posted to speak of their disappointment in my not caring.
Wishing you all the best for xmas and new year.....even the one who googles defecating cow images rather than attempting siring together a proper response to my non-contentious posts :p
Awwww.... bless

It is a bull and he is shitting. Thank you very much.

You're really unpleasant.

You know, I try to be nice and nobody responds. I try to be crazy and nobody responds. So I adopted "When in Rome..." and like an asshole questioned the posting credibility of someone who would type this sentence:

"Much nicer than living in an othe brand of rice pudding, How nice of you to ask"

and I get called unpleasant. At least it's something. WHO would sign up on a message board and randomly post a story under "memories & questions" and with only 5 posts under their belt NOT use proper grammar? Who would type Billy Scissorish English -- lack of periods, no spaces in between the words. It's a pattern. And who would do that? Someone talking in code. I'm just fed the eff up, I apologize for not accomodating jibberish couched as a Smithsian tale. And call this a psychotic breaking point, I don;t give a flip, this is not some lone poster who randomly decided to post his tale, this is a regular and it's irritating as hell.

/endrant

look beyond the poor grammar,and have a nice xmas.And I agree,she is a thoroughly unpleasant person (at times)

Oh and I bet you're the epitome of grace and elegance while you're battling zombies. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom