Mexico City, Mexico - Sports Palace (Mar. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by setlist.fm.

• Fans no, ¡son los músicos de Morrisey! - Grupo Reforma. Video news report includes short interview with Jesse and Gustavo. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo from @oyeivan / Twitter:

39828_mexico_city_merch.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lot of people

That's nothing compared to some eighties, recently reformed indieband filling up stadiums up to 60.000 in UK, eh?
This strategical shot is of course avoiding all the blind spots and the black curtains, no?
In the eyes of the psychopaths Moz is, has to be, a has been, unpopular and if he is popular, those who go to see him are deluded of course.
Especially if it is in Mexico or any other "exotic" country.
Why do I get the impression they don't want him to be popular, they want him to be the unknown culthero, only they can appreciate.

I assure you that I'm none of these. So great seeing huge crowds for Morrissey gigs.

Mexicans are 30 years behind the rest of the world . D Mode , Cure , Erasure all get HUGE crowds , as did oasis etc .
He still cant sell out the big venue in his birth town .

Mal was sticking up for Moz actually.
An ironic/sarcastic comment, aimed at those who continue to write Morrissey off time and time again, only to end up with egg on their faces.
I am surprised this needs to be explained.

M gets bashed so much on this site that's it's not surprising at all that someone would read Mozmal's post as a bash. I read it that way also simply because of the way M is treated here. Now (and thank you IR) I can read it in a different light.

Though with Uncleskinny being a 'moderator' I think he would have done a better job to reply with his interpretation of Mozmal's post instead of attacking Anonymous,IP Hash: 1b82db670a. Is it really so difficult to be civil and set a good example of the posts that one would want to see posted instead of fueling more childish anger?

I also think Mozmal could have been more clear in his ironic/sarcastic comment. Funny and insightful as it is now but wasn't to me on first reading because of the hate directed at M on this site. I think by simply putting 'over the hill' in quotation would have helped.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :thumb:

Last edited:
Mexicans are 30 years behind the rest of the world . D Mode , Cure , Erasure all get HUGE crowds , as did oasis etc .
Cure sell out arenas all over the world. Oasis sold out Wembley three times on what would be their last tour. These are huge bands in any country, you bigot.

I also think Mozmal could have been more clear in his ironic/sarcastic comment. Funny and insightful as it is now but wasn't to me on first reading because of the hate directed at M on this site. I think by simply putting 'over the hill' in quotation would have helped.
Because of the fact that this site is infested with trolls who direct hate at Morrisey, no matter what his successes are, I thought my ironic post would be recognised for what it was. I rarely contribute outside of the photography thread, as it seems to be a complete waste of time and energy. Every thread on here just gets hijacked by the usual idiots. I don't agree with some of his comments, but I always have, and always will be in Morrissey's corner. Thanks for your comment Ketamine Sun, I shall make any further sarcastic comments a bit more obvious. Cheers.

Because of the fact that this site is infested with trolls who direct hate at Morrisey, no matter what his successes are, I thought my ironic post would be recognised for what it was. I rarely contribute outside of the photography thread, as it seems to be a complete waste of time and energy. Every thread on here just gets hijacked by the usual idiots. I don't agree with some of his comments, but I always have, and always will be in Morrissey's corner. Thanks for your comment Ketamine Sun, I shall make any further sarcastic comments a bit more obvious. Cheers.

I'm on YOUR side, buddy.

It's a shame the zipper jammed, the best part is watching "every man for themself" shirt carnage.:sick:

No wonder Moz loves Mexico. Look at that for a huge crowd. Moz should self release his album. He doesn't need any bullshit record company.

Yes, I agree. Honestly I would have thought he would've done this already out of his own frustration.

The big venue in his birth town, the MEN Arena was sold out last time he played there.
Before you come up with unsubstantiated drivel about black curtains there, and accusing fans of deliberately avoiding them in video footage, and blind spots with empty seats, nobody cares.
I don't care about the names you mentioned.
I am not interested in stadium rock acts.
The comparison says all about your shitty musical taste.
Your remark about Mexico is denigrating and hateful.
You are an ignorant creature.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom