Mexrrissey: "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" video feature - Nowness

Russ sends the link:

Mexrrissey: "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" - Nowness

The former Smiths frontman and champion of the underdog gets a Mexican makeover

Fans of Morrissey have always tended towards the obsessive. Now the theatrical indie singer has become hugely popular in Mexico, where musician Camilo Lara formed his band Mexrrissey to celebrate the work of the British star, in Spanish, giving each song a Latin arrangement that is radically different to the original. The response has been packed houses around the world, as the band's translations breath new life into classics including 1985’s "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side", which they play here as they wait for the 100 bus in London on a suitably melancholy English evening.

Russ sends the link:

Mexrrissey: "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" - Nowness

The former Smiths frontman and champion of the underdog gets a Mexican makeover

Fans of Morrissey have always tended towards the obsessive. Now the theatrical indie singer has become hugely popular in Mexico, where musician Camilo Lara formed his band Mexrrissey to celebrate the work of the British star, in Spanish, giving each song a Latin arrangement that is radically different to the original. The response has been packed houses around the world, as the band's translations breath new life into classics including 1985’s "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side", which they play here as they wait for the 100 bus in London on a suitably melancholy English evening.

I liked this. Most enjoyable.

I liked this. Most enjoyable.

This is isn't it. I think in essence, for the lovers and haters, the love of music transcends just like it shows with these musicians appreciation.

Boz should get these people with the acoustic version recorded in his studio, I think they can do an album full
of Smiths songs like this, it's A-ok...

I enjoyed that. It was like The Gipsy Kings meet Harry Brown (the Michael Caine film). Not a lot of people know that. They seemed really into it but perhaps There is a Light would have been a better choice of song with the double decker buses going past.

a friend of mine saw them a few months ago and said they were excellent

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom