Mick Jones (The Clash) interview, would correspond with Morrissey trying to form a band in 1974

roky

I was watching this 1989 interview with Mick Jones and at 8:50 talks about placing adds in Melody Maker in 74, 75 looking for people who are into The Dolls, Stooges,MC5 who wants to start a band and would write Steven Morrissey and he still has his letters.
Pretty neat interview.

I was watching this 1989 interview with Mick Jones and at 8:50 talks about placing adds in Melody Maker in 74, 75 looking for people who are into The Dolls, Stooges,MC5 who wants to start a band and would write Steven Morrissey and he still has his letters.
Pretty neat interview.

Thanks roky. I love stuff like this. I wonder what it would take to get Mick to scan those Moz letters? It'd probably have to be somebody else doing it after one or both of them is dead.

Thanks roky. I love stuff like this. I wonder what it would take to get Mick to scan those Moz letters? It'd probably have to be somebody else doing it after one or both of them is dead.
I am sure Mick put them in his RockNRoll public library he just a opened to the public. He was a collector and he kept EVERYTHING from back then. All the old NME's, old flyers, melody maker, zines, etc.. He said he wants to share all his stuff with the public. Really cool. Mick loves his spliff's, you can tell in all his interviews. Lol.. Real cool laid back guy. Here is Mick giving a tour or his R&R public library.

Last edited:
I am sure Mick put them in his RockNRoll public library he just a opened to the public. He was a collector and he kept EVERYTHING from back then. All the old NME's, old flyers, melody maker, zines, etc.. You can YouTube Mick Jones rocknroll public library and he gives a tour of it. He said he wants to share all his stuff with the public. Really cool. Mick loves his spliff's, you can tell in all his interviews. Lol.. Real cool laid back guy.

And he's made some great tunes. :guitar:

Some of the best tunes ever.

I am sure Mick put them in his RockNRoll public library he just a opened to the public. He was a collector and he kept EVERYTHING from back then. All the old NME's, old flyers, melody maker, zines, etc.. He said he wants to share all his stuff with the public. Really cool. Mick loves his spliff's, you can tell in all his interviews. Lol.. Real cool laid back guy. Here is Mick giving a tour or his R&R public library.

At 2:27 into the video Mick tells the story of how Chrissie Hynde "supernaturally changed him" with a haircut. Morrissey can relate.

Last edited:
At 2:27 into the video Mick tells the story of how Chrissie Hynde "supernaturally changed him" with a haircut. Morrissey can relate.
Yeah, he has said that he was cringing and holding his stomach when she gave him a cut and his nan's flat. Then she told him he looked like Keith Richards and he was like 'yaaaay"

Back
Top Bottom