Morrissey 1991-07-13 Madison Square Garden, New York

A

Anonymous

32879_mozticket.jpg

Morrissey
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (USA)
July 13, 1991

Equipment: Sony 909 mic > Sony D-6
Lineage: Master Maxell XLII-S90 cassette > Tascam 202MKV > Edirol R09 (16/44) > Adobe Audition 5.5 (level boost/hiss reduction) > CD Wave Editor (track) > flac8
Taper: Stonecutter15: Stonecutter Archives
Transfer & Tracking: Smores

setlist:
1. -intro-/Interesting Drug
2. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
3. Piccadilly Palare
4. Trash [New York Dolls]
5. Sing Your Life
6. King Leer
7. Asian Rut
8. Mute Witness
9. Everyday Is Like Sunday
10. November Spawned A Monster
11. Will Never Marry
12. There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
13. That's Entertainment [The Jam]
14. Our Frank
15. Suedehead
16. Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
encore
17. Yes, I Am Blind
18. Alsatian Cousin
encore #2
19. Disappointed
bonus
20. -interview with Morrissey at Pierre Hotel, NYC WDRE-FM 11-13-91 (broadcast 11-24-91)-

This is the first time I saw Morrissey as a solo act,after the Smiths split. It's a wild show and a pretty damn good recording. We were right off the side of the stage,happily facing a bank of speakers right in front of us. The crowd was super excited but I managed to get a really good capture because we just happened into a really great location, hardly any screaming girls(or boys)
You'll hear me and my friends oooh and aaah - ing a lot. That is because tons of crazy fans are literally flinging themselves at the stage and not making it. They keep crashing face and chest first right into the front of the stage,it was crazy!!! It looked painful,that's for sure!
Anyway,it was a great show and a really fun night.
Big thanks to Smores for the transfer and post.
Enjoy Everybody
Rich

http://uploadrocket.net/lub8obdtcx7s.htm

thanks very much for this amazing looking show but when I try to download it only comes up with a blank page, can you upload to sendspace or another provider?

I reckon you people will always have your memories since he will never go to your city again, yes even Madison Gardens or whatever it's called. I reckon I bet there were less Yankee caps there than a show in England or Europe.

Thanks a lot!
Did you also record the opener, Phranc?

I hope not.
Sorry to say so, if you're a fan, but that was the worst support Moz ever had.
There were a lot of nasty comments about Kristeen Young but believe me if Internet would have existed in those days, this site would have crashed.

Thanks a lot!
Did you also record the opener, Phranc?

Phranc was scheduled to support for the whole tour, but she was replaced by Melissa Ferrick after her brother(Phranc's brother) was killed in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.

I was looking forward to seeing her open, but it was not to be.

Phranc was scheduled to support for the whole tour, but she was replaced by Melissa Ferrick after her brother(Phranc's brother) was killed in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.

I was looking forward to seeing her open, but it was not to be.

You were saved, believe me Ketamine.
You, of all people, with such excellent taste in music.
I like your idiosyncratic taste, but compared to that I will believe The Fall are true masters of pop music!
Cheers :thumb:

Well, Quando, taste in music is so different for different persons, and I can tell you that I saw Phranc as opener in the May 1991 concert of Moz in the Metropol in Berlin :)

She was great, we met already before the concert when we asked Morrissey (coming out of the tour bus and hurrying to the entrance) if he could ask her to come out to meet us as we were there as her fans... he then told this to her and 5 minutes later she came out, we talked and made an appointment to meet after the concert at her hotel. Being there, we went to her room and she played some private songs on hte guitar, sitting on her hotel bed :) After that we went out into the Berlin night, into some bars, together with the Morrissey band (of course without him) - an unforgettable day & night

Cheers :p

Aah - before I forget: Kristeen Young I didn't like at all... but mostly due to her voice...

Blikey! I reckon I thought people in "the UK" were desperate. This show is on Youtube from a few sources.

I reckon is this the show when that Black boke tried to kiss Uncle Steve's hand and Uncle Steve violently pulled his hand away being immortalized forever in Linder's book "Uncle Steve Shot".

Back
Top Bottom