Morrissey 2019-05-02 New York

?
You already liked the MP3 320 for this gig on page one of the thread. This is someone selling the recording of the Doc's work (as shared on dime). If you can access the torrent or have downloaded the 320 here, then you already have the exact same thing that is being offered for money.
Regards,
FWD.
I Like It ... But I Forgot To Download It ..
For Anyway Thank You For Reminding' Me ..

Well the key factor is that no one is profiting from this as no money is changing hands so the artist is losing nothing. And given that Morrissey used to collect and share live tapes of his favourite bands back in the day, he can hardly have an issue with it. I got my first 2 live New York Dolls tapes from Morrissey back in 1980. He didn’t have the equipment to copy them so he sent me his tapes, I copied them and sent them back to him. Strange thinking back to those pre-internet days!!
Moz can’t release it for profit if already shared around the internet...

I don't think bootlegs and properly released live recordings by the artist are mutually exclusive. If Morrissey released any of the recordings of recent gigs in glowing quality - it would sell. Doc's recording is great, but judging by what I'm regularly asked for: soundboard or broadcast quality is always what's desired most.
A good example recently would be The Queen Is Dead box set - which had a live gig that had already existed for 30 years of being shared on tape/online (in poor quality) as too: demos that had largely been shared online, yet sales were extremely good for the set in all its forms.
This type of behavior in analogue and now digital form has existed since the 50's - I can't see it changing anytime soon.
That's just my view.
Regards,
Del Boy
erh...
FWD.

I don't think bootlegs and properly released live recordings by the artist are mutually exclusive. If Morrissey released any of the recordings of recent gigs in glowing quality - it would sell. Doc's recording is great, but judging by what I'm regularly asked for: soundboard or broadcast quality is always what's desired most.
A good example recently would be The Queen Is Dead box set - which had a live gig that had already existed for 30 years of being shared on tape/online (in poor quality) as too: demos that had largely been shared online, yet sales were extremely good for the set in all its forms.
This type of behavior in analogue and now digital form has existed since the 50's - I can't see it changing anytime soon.
That's just my view.
Regards,
Del Boy
erh...
FWD.

Totally agree with everything you have said in all your posts above FWD. If I have bothered to acquire and listen to a bootleg live recording I will always buy an officially released version if one appears. And I would expect the vast majority of artists to have bought and shared bootleg live recordings in their younger days so any of those who start getting upset about live recordings of their own shows smacks of pure hypocrisy. The fact that Morrissey shared his Dolls live tapes with me back in the day has not stopped numerous live recordings being released since and I for one am damn glad they have and I have bought them all. I have never heard Moz make any stand against bootlegs so there is no suggestion of any issue on his part, more just a debate around the issue in general. The real issue is around counterfeit copies of official stuff which are sold for no benefit to the artist which is definitely something to be stamped out.

Back
Top Bottom