"Morrissey 25: Live" reviews by Alan Jenkins (TLS), Dickie Felton

I re-read the line where he mentions the 'rape conviction'. I really respect your sensitivity in this context. Nevertheless, it was quite funny.

Let's also bear in mind that it wouldn't have mattered if I put murder conviction, rape conviction or theft of a lollipop, the boy with the socket wrench and an inflated sense of his own importance would have taken offence. He has nothing else to offer. It's enough to make you invest in a shipyard.

Let's also bear in mind that it wouldn't have mattered if I put murder conviction, rape conviction or theft of a lollipop, the boy with the socket wrench and an inflated sense of his own importance would have taken offence. He has nothing else to offer. It's enough to make you invest in a shipyard.

Once again you've missed the point johnnybags( for anyone who doesn't know a johnnybag is a used condom) so i will type it slowly so you UNDERSTAND, there was no offence taken, I was pointing out the absurdity of you attacking morrissey for crass statements while you continue to make them with alarming regularity.

Try that again, but in English.

Could you please point out the faults in that sentence?

While your view of his "trajectory" is, of course, informed solely by your opinions on the band and setlist.

Of course it is. I would never mistake my opinion for fact though.

The thoughts of tubby, tattooed Hispanics are of no interest to me whatsoever. I do know the clever swine I watched rolling on the floor singing Still Ill thirty years ago bears no relation at all to the patently unwell, puffy, tired, rapidly aging man we see in Morrissey:25, and that he needs to take a year or so off to recuperate and revaluate his career. Can he do that, though? Has he got the money? I'm not so sure.

You feel happy to define and insult anybody who has enjoyed recent shows and i'm the one who prefers "just to attack"? There are many people who have been following the man just as long as you have who wouldn't describe him as "patently unwell, puffy, tired". They're just wrong though, right? And "rapidly aging"? People age. Weird, i know.

Let me ask you a question. I know you prefer just to attack, but let's see. It'll be like one of those opthalmic tests... Imagine Morrissey fronting Marr's current band. Is that better or worse? Imagine Marr fronting Morrissey's current band. Is that better or worse? OK, you put your clothes back on now.

Moz fronting johnny's band could be interesting. I couldn't say better or worse. Johnny's latest album doesn't really seem like something i'd still be listening to years from now. Marr fronting morrissey's band... I dunno. Is johnny singing? Oh, and if your opthalmologist is asking you to remove your clothes then i would seriously question their credentials.

There was a time a Morrissey quote contained some kernel of truth, or even an argument which could be divined even if you vehemently disagreed. That ended when the Queen visited Ireland.

You've already said that he "basked in the reflected glow of a range of true literary greats down the decades but has now let the mask slip" so why would you be surprised that you're not into what he's doing? I guess we're lucky he managed to last as long as he did.

You're just f***ing slaying it. I quiver in the face of your genius.

Last edited:
(I'm coming to the conversation a little late)
I liked the show. It seems that some people commented before that the theaters they were in were nearly empty. Here in Austin, Texas it was full. I thought there was a good set-list. I have to say Morrissey25 was well done! He has canceled every show since Kill Uncle, so seeing him live in some form was worth it.
At the end of the show, a man came out and said they had a surprise for us. Morrissey's keyboardist was there and held a little Q & A session.
I'm a big fan, but I'm still not a vegetarian.

Re: "Morrissey 25: Live" reviews by Alan Jenkins (TLS), Dickie Felton

Is that your address? Do you wanna be penpals or something?

Yeah, why not? I'll look out for the green crayon covered in dribble.

I think anyone over 25 who devotes themself unquestionably to a pop star probably still lives with their Mum.

The craziest thing: the Morrissey haters who spend 25 % of their life on a Morrissey fan forum. A devoted fan makes more sense than a devoted hater.

It isn't about weak or strong, me dear. It's about you remembering it.

Right me proud beauties, I'm off to the hayloft to join the delectable Mrs. Barleycorn, whose charms eclipse even the undeniably cute but probably medicated Playcat. Fear not though, for I shall return over the weekend, no later than Antiques Roadshow, to further debunk your Belieber style bullshit individually, but I shall leave you with a simple 'yes' or 'no' question.

Is Morrissey currently at the apex, some say apogee, others acme, of his career? You may confer.

(I'm coming to the conversation a little late)
I liked the show. It seems that some people commented before that the theaters they were in were nearly empty. Here in Austin, Texas it was full. I thought there was a good set-list. I have to say Morrissey25 was well done! He has canceled every show since Kill Uncle, so seeing him live in some form was worth it.
At the end of the show, a man came out and said they had a surprise for us. Morrissey's keyboardist was there and held a little Q & A session.
I'm a big fan, but I'm still not a vegetarian.

I didn't know Gustavo did a Q&A, how fun! What questions were asked; what did he say?

Morrissey25 is as far removed from a fatal car crash as you can get. The vast majority of people who went to see it( I assume you didn't) thoroughly enjoyed it, what it has done is whet the appetite for a new tour which I'm sure will be coming soon. It's not over, morrissey knows its not over, we know its not over, the only thing that's over is the haters on this forum. You and bb and jb, the father, the son, and the Holy Ghost. God bless, rest in peace.

If you think Steven is going to announce tour dates on the strength of this so called 'celebration' of a 25 year output I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest that you and the other cult-deluded-ultras have some sort of whip round or form a charity to raise funds for a mini bus, 'gasoline', to ferry the tribute band on it, oh . . . . . and someone to make and salt the cucumber sandwiches.
There you go ultras its in your hands now I've solved you and your leaders problem. Someone once said on hear Morrissey goes where he is needed well sort the problem and he can go where he is funded.

Benny-the-Butcher

It isn't about weak or strong, me dear. It's about you remembering it.

Right me proud beauties, I'm off to the hayloft to join the delectable Mrs. Barleycorn, whose charms eclipse even the undeniably cute but probably medicated Playcat. Fear not though, for I shall return over the weekend, no later than Antiques Roadshow, to further debunk your Belieber style bullshit individually, but I shall leave you with a simple 'yes' or 'no' question.

Is Morrissey currently at the apex, some say apogee, others acme, of his career? You may confer.

Oh, Johnny, poor Johnny. What on earth is the point of devoting so much time to posting your diatribes on here? You won't ever change Morrissey's artistic choices, nor will you convert any fans to your strange point of view. So angry and yet so impotent too. You're merely preaching to a small gang of haters who already agree with you. What on earth is the point? As someone else already said, it's the fact that haters spend so much time and energy posting on here that's weird, not the fact that fans do.

Oh, and as for your last question - everyone with a brain understands that all artists' careers have peaks and troughs, not just a single upward trajectory. Look at any creative artist and you'll find that's the case. Peaks and troughs "prove" nothing except normality, poor love.

If you think Steven is going to announce tour dates on the strength of this so called 'celebration' of a 25 year output I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest that you and the other cult-deluded-ultras have some sort of whip round or form a charity to raise funds for a mini bus, 'gasoline', to ferry the tribute band on it, oh . . . . . and someone to make and salt the cucumber sandwiches.
There you go ultras its in your hands now I've solved you and your leaders problem. Someone once said on hear Morrissey goes where he is needed well sort the problem and he can go where he is funded.

Benny-the-Butcher
Oh no, he's risen from the dead, who moved that feckin boulder. If that's not bad enough your copying brummieboys patter, how original. If you had 1% of morrissey's cash you wouldn't have to make sausages for a living.

Oh no, he's risen from the dead, who moved that feckin boulder. If that's not bad enough your copying brummieboys patter, how original. If you had 1% of morrissey's cash you wouldn't have to make sausages for a living.

Typical Moz-Ultra reply !!!

Not allowed to agree with anyone else now am I ? ( Is that the commandment that says " Thou shalt not listen to or agree with anyone else but Morrissey" ? )

The 1% Morrissey cash to making sausages ratio is a load of tosh unless you know something I don't, please provide more proof and facts will you (let me know how you go on speaking to mine and Morrissey's accountant's will you ? )

Also please could you post the latest list of Morrissey commandments so we are all up to speed.

Benny-the-Butcher

P.S. I don't just have a wee shop selling sausages you tick feck ! I Slaughter on a big scale.

Typical Moz-Ultra reply !!!

Not allowed to agree with anyone else now am I ? ( Is that the commandment that says " Thou shalt not listen to or agree with anyone else but Morrissey" ? )

The 1% Morrissey cash to making sausages ratio is a load of tosh unless you know something I don't, please provide more proof and facts will you (let me know how you go on speaking to mine and Morrissey's accountant's will you ? )

Also please could you post the latest list of Morrissey commandments so we are all up to speed.

Benny-the-Butcher

P.S. I don't just have a wee shop selling sausages you tick feck ! I Slaughter on a big scale.

You didn't agree with him, you copied him, big difference thicko. Are you a member of the royal family? You don't have an accountant, unemployable people generally don,t Up the rebels!

Last edited:
You didn't agree with him, you copied him, big difference thicko. Are you a member of the royal family? You don't have an accountant, unemployable people generally don,t Up the rebels!

Very poor and very lazy its really laughable ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho hoh hoh ho ! You know jack-shiz.

Come on oirish lets be having the Morrissey commandments please its the very least you can do to redeem yourself with your poor/weak postings of late.
I imagine they are something like this :- Thou shall agree with EVERYTHING Morrissey says
Thou shall purchase anything that Morrissey puts on the market even if its absolute crap
Thou shall take no notice of JB, BB, BtB for they have chosen the path of freedom of speech and thinking things out for themselves
Thou SHALL tell lies and porkie-pies (i.e. when cancelling gigs etc )
Thou shalt not eat meat but fish and dairy are ok

Over to you oirish quickly now

Benny-the-Butcher

"Going to a morrissey gig is still an incredible experience !!! " What a load of hogwash !

Buying a ticket to a Morrissey gig is a HUGE gamble more like ! Will he show up ? Will he be ill ? Will Betty be ill ? Will any backing band member be ill ? Will he sell enough tickets/ if not pull the gig last minute ? Will everyone on the tour go off track and have "the tomato penne" ? Will the wheel fall off the covered waggon ? Will he have enough petrol money for transport ? Will he have someone to salt his fries ? Will he have any new songs ? Will he have a decent band ? Will he stop bastardizing the songs ?
Will he have a decent support artist ? (I'm bored now) etc etc etc. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .But you get the general picture.

Benny-the-Butcher
yeah I get the general picture, and I'm bored listening to you too, ive been to dozens of moz gigs over the last 25 years, all in the uk none cancelled, what am?, just lucky?. I would say that the percentage of moz gigs cancelled is very small

Very poor and very lazy its really laughable ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho hoh hoh ho ! You know jack-shiz.

Come on oirish lets be having the Morrissey commandments please its the very least you can do to redeem yourself with your poor/weak postings of late.
I imagine they are something like this :- Thou shall agree with EVERYTHING Morrissey says
Thou shall purchase anything that Morrissey puts on the market even if its absolute crap
Thou shall take no notice of JB, BB, BtB for they have chosen the path of freedom of speech and thinking things out for themselves
Thou SHALL tell lies and porkie-pies (i.e. when cancelling gigs etc )
Thou shalt not eat meat but fish and dairy are ok

Over to you oirish quickly now

Benny-the-Butcher
okay where do i start? I love meat, I almost got the hotdog combo before the film before I thought better of it, you don't weigh 16 stone eating lentils you know. I certainly don't buy everything moz releases, he has released some rubbish in his time, I just think the percentage of poor material is small compared to all the great stuff he's released. As previously posted I have never had a moz gig cancelled on me, and that's 20+ gigs and counting. And no I don't take any notice of what the father, the son, and the Holy Ghost post. But I will admit you and your cohorts do keep this forum interesting, if it was all bland and boring platitudes to moz I wouldn't keep coming back here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom