Morrissey A-Z: "Art-Hounds"

I have to disagree here lady. Despite YOR hitting the shelves in Feb 09, it shovel have been on the shelves in 08, but was delayed. The songs were all bar a few, penned in 06/07 and premiered in 07. So, makes 4 years (2007-2011) against 2011-2014.
But, I get what you’re saying, that aside
Sorry, I’m bored x
Yeah, you're right. Should have said "written closer to YOR's release than to World Peace's". Anyway, it's one of those weird in-between songs...

Yeah, you're right. Should have said "written closer to YOR's release than to World Peace's". Anyway, it's one of those weird in-between songs...
I’ve never really thought of songs out of place .....too much. Lived it when it first came out in the bonus but it’s now died a death for me. I planned to listen to it early but forgot. Sorry Art-Hounds, you were good in your time.

Probably one of the top three song on world peace ,
I played this constantly back then,
I love the drama and the high vocals.
This song still gets a run out from time to time. It gets even better with age... Should have been a single.

The lyrics are almost embarrassing, but the energy is fantastic, especially during the "European museums bit", Morrissey was often good in repeating, well maybe not in Dagenham Dave, and these final lines:

I take 16 pills to send me to sleep
And 16 pills to shake me awake

What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
What does it mean?

As it happens in many of his songs, it does not seem related to the song at all, but they just kill me.

Superb, thumping, crescendo, ambiguity.

The World Peace deluxe edition bonus disc is a great thing tacked to the end of a good album -- and Art-Hounds is the best thing on it. The energy and the hairpin turns in a very action-packed four minutes make even the lesser lyrics sound good. And while the lyrics are uneven, some parts are great, like the "16 pills" part quoted above by Nikita. The Sparks influence really shows here.

I was at Brixton the night thud got played (it hadn’t even been rumoured until then) and enjoyed it
I was delighted when it was tagged onto the World Peace cd and played it to death for 9 months or so. Since then, I rarely play it. But, I’m going today for old time sake.
Yes, I was there . It was a great night.London was in the grip of riots, but it was a happy night. Even Kristeen Young looked happy watching in the audience, though she was with a young Morrissey look alike , so no wonder. Lucky cow

If I had my own broadcast on the radio and presented my favorite top 10 songs Morrissey, this one would be on 10th place .
Only on the bonus disc :confused: ... such a great song ...

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom