Morrissey A-Z: "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy"

Just one of many incredible Ringleader songs. I love it. "IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK...BEFORE I DIEEEE...." my god. I get chills every time. The death theme omnipresent on this album hits hard in this one. I sincerely don't understand how people around here aren't constantly praising Ringleader and most of the songs on it. It's one of his most assured, melodic, rocking, conceptual and even atmospheric records he's ever made. It's like Vauxhall meets Your Arsenal. I don't care who wrote the music or how new they were to the band, people here seem to have a knee jerk reaction to Jesse or whoever. I just put the album on and love it. I also love the placement of this song on the album, which has a fantastic track flow in general. The songs move into each other so perfectly. It's one of his albums that really feel like a complete realized work.

Last edited:
I can't help but feel like public opinion on Ringleader would shift considerably if it was properly remastered. There's some great tracks and interesting ideas but it all blurs into a single dirge because it's been mastered so LOUD. Hopefully there will be a more dynamic reissue sometime that will highlight the melody and subtlety that's hidden somewhere beneath the noise

I can't help but feel like public opinion on Ringleader would shift considerably if it was properly remastered. There's some great tracks and interesting ideas but it all blurs into a single dirge because it's been mastered so LOUD. Hopefully there will be a more dynamic reissue sometime that will highlight the melody and subtlety that's hidden somewhere beneath the noise

Oh, absolutely. I'd probably play the hell out of that remaster, because I always wanted to like the album very badly...

Fun song, always enjoyed hearing this, although in the long run it doesn’t really have that much to it. Much prefer it to the 3rd single off ROTT though.

His voice sounds as if it's trying to outrun the guitar, which is tad uncomfortable. But it's got a nice melody & bits remind me of a Beatles track.
I’d say it’s more the Foo Fighters.

Another classic from Morrissey,it stuns me how one man can be talented and gifted.As I have said before it was off a great album and it was a great tour

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom