Morrissey A-Z: "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy"

If this ever comes back, hopefully Moz himself will whip out his trumpet at the end.

Who wouldn't want the inner child to be always happy? Unfortunately, wanting and being able are two different things .

:thumb:

So who is this boy wonder? I once thought. But I think you’re right.
Relative to I Can Have Both?

There is probably a good reason why this is at the end of the album. That's just me though, I've never fully embraced this album with the exception of Life is a Pigsty and maybe At Last I am Born.

The prototype of the typical Tobias/Morrissey stomper, which still has charm here, but then degrades from record to record and hardly receives any attention or recognition today.

Back in the day, a lot of Moz fans were fed up with the Tobias rock sound almost immediately. Today, he has long since evolved. How many miss/are nostalgic for this sound today?

Energetic enough, wasn't the worst new song to hear back when he was playing this every night. But not a single real lyric to hang onto, which is my complaint about most of the Ringleader material.

Back in the day, a lot of Moz fans were fed up with the Tobias rock sound almost immediately. Today, he has long since evolved. How many miss/are nostalgic for this sound today?
Not me. I feel like I’ve heard this song live 100+ times (I haven’t) but my point stands
There are certain songs I never want him to perform live again, this being one
Though If you offered me this as an encore for both gigs in Israel and Paris next month, I’d bite you hand off. But again, my point stands.
That tour in 06, despite me attending 35-40 (year ending gigs included) I felt the tour was not the best by some distance.

Is it such a crime for one to pine for that chug rock from days of yore? :oops:

Is it such a crime for one to pine for that chug rock from days of yore? :oops:
Them was simpler days! I, too, pine.

And Janice, I hear you. I also have a few songs I think he should drop from setlists permanently.

Not me. I feel like I’ve heard this song live 100+ times (I haven’t) but my point stands
Though If you offered me this as an encore for both gigs in Israel and Paris next month, I’d bite you hand off. But again, my point stands.
That tour in 06, despite me attending 35-40 (year ending gigs included) I felt the tour was not the best by some distance.
I echo these sentiments. The 2006 tour was great but it did end with a whimper. Probably should've called it a day after the Hammerstein run in New York.

I echo these sentiments. The 2006 tour was great but it did end with a whimper. Probably should've called it a day after the Hammerstein run in New York.
Hammerstein was 07. I was referring just to 2006 (y)

Them was simpler days! I, too, pine.

And Janice, I hear you. I also have a few songs I think he should drop from setlists permanently.
I’d probably include some great songs in that list, and probably your list, also. But some have been done to death. Some I can’t for the life of me understand why he persists with them. Defiance ?
I don’t dismiss opinions of songs and albums but songs that have appeared live far too much, I can’t see rhyme nor reason why anyone would want them to remain. Maybe it says more about the amount of gigs some people do???
Someone recently said they hope x & y make a return to the list. But said person probably wouldn’t go to a gig anyway (or certainly not more than one, so what’s the point?)
Anyway, Boy Crappy is. No no for me in 2021 (y)

I’d probably include some great songs in that list, and probably your list, also. But some have been done to death. Some I can’t for the life of me understand why he persists with them. Defiance ?
I don’t dismiss opinions of songs and albums but songs that have appeared live far too much, I can’t see rhyme nor reason why anyone would want them to remain. Maybe it says more about the amount of gigs some people do???
Someone recently said they hope x & y make a return to the list. But said person probably wouldn’t go to a gig anyway (or certainly not more than one, so what’s the point?)
Anyway, Boy Crappy is. No no for me in 2021 (y)
Some (Paris, WPINOYB, Fatty, Alma Matters) have most certainly been done to death. And I think defiance is definitely a possible explanation.

Some (Paris, WPINOYB, Fatty, Alma Matters) have most certainly been done to death. And I think defiance is definitely a possible explanation.
Paris
when he didn’t do it back In 2018 (I think) I had to back check to it’s debut in 2007, as I was convinced I’d heard this at every gig since. It certainly felt like it. It wasn’t the case, but not far from it.
WP I definitely agree (n)

Not me, it was songs like this that caused me to check out on Morrissey for awhile there. It wasn't until WPINOYB that I returned with renewed interest. Just my opinion of course, I see that others like it. I respect that.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason The Smiths played "Hand in Glove" at pretty much every show was to punish everyone for it not charting higher.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason The Smiths played "Hand in Glove" at pretty much every show was to punish everyone for it not charting higher.
Brilliant :lbf:

so those who didn’t buy the Paris bundle, or download WP officially, it’s all your fault.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom