Morrissey A-Z: "In the Future When All's Well"

Just like I Just Want to See the Boy Happy, this barely qualifies as an album track, never mind a single. There just isn't much there, like on most of the Ringleader, an album on which Morrissey really allowed himself to coast on past achievements.

The lyrics are amusing enough to make this one fun. It's not my favorite of his rockers by far but I fully support Morrissey whenever he wants to go into rock star mode.

I'd forgotten how much I disliked the Ringleader singles.
It was a steep fall-off from "You Have Killed Me" to "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy." But he wasn't really spoiled for options, as Alain's contributions were not single-/radio-oriented - with the one exception perhaps being "I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now."

Get It On - T-Rex
Looking for A Kiss - New York Dolls
Cigarettes & Alcohol - Oasis

Agree, definitely hear the T.Rex and a little Dolls influence in that Oasis song, nothing original there.

And I do hear T.Rex Get it On in the quick intro/bass line that Gary does In The Future, but I don’t hear any Oasis influence in the Morrissey song though.

I like this one but it does feel half-finished and very ‘light’, like he couldn’t be bothered. Not worth replaying much.

Doesn’t sound anything like Oasis to me.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom