Morrissey A-Z: "Judy Is a Punk"

A weirdly obvious choice for Morrissey, which is a shame considering his gift for shining a light on more obscure classics. I saw him close a couple shows with this one and the feeling of collective disappointment in the room was undeniable. Definitely didn't need to have this one or something like "To Give (The Reason I Live)" kicking around for so many tours.

I really enjoy the disconnect of hearing Morrissey's gorgeous voice doing this song, and he and the band do it pretty well. Yes, it's a minor, throwaway thing but still lots of fun!

At least the band can handle the Ramones, the Smiths not so much.

It was fun hearing it live in Brooklyn for the first time... worked well as it segued directly into "Irish Blood English Heart" as the encore. I think those two minutes are fine as part of a show, but not sure it warrants repeated listens.

I think I was at one of the US gigs in 2016 when this was first covered live. Granted, it was on Under the Influence, it was only until afterwards, I realised it was the Ramones: I don’t think it should have still be hanging around the setlist 2-3 years later
See also You’ll Be Gone

it’s ok (as best) x
Stop it now. Stop including California Son in your Lord of the Rings hobbit delusional fantasies. You have never been to any gigs in the USA. You have only been to the once every 4 years Inglund gigs. YOU are not like California Son. California Son is an American Catholic born in the San Fernando Valley, Moz Angeles from Irish immigrant parents who instilled the hatred of Brit Proddys like you in to their California Son. His payback for his California mom and dad's suffering is being able to dupe you for 35 years and get your foreigner money. Leave our Moz Angeles hometown hero alone and go home!

:rolleyes:

it was on 'under the influence'? WTF?
of course this troll has been to 0 shows. o as in zero.
mummy👵 basement in morocco
is its gig:hammer:

He really should consider doing Poison Heart. Would suit him, vocally and lyrically, to a tee. Also it's a masterpiece of a song.

I thought you meant this for a second.

I thought you meant this for a second.

Haha, f*** no! I meant the deeply underrated late-era Ramones banger.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom