Morrissey A-Z: "Love Is On Its Way Out"

Dagenham Dave part 2

Not one of my favorites on Dog, but it does have a good feel to it, and I wouldn’t skip it, and compared to the others, well, I like it much better than Knock about world.

Not one of my favorites on Dog, but it does have a good feel to it, and I wouldn’t skip it, and compared to the others, well, I like it much better than Knock about world.
Knockabout World is fine if I forget the Cliff Richard connection. I guess I'm glad it's not called "Where Were The Parents?"

Unbelievably catchy. But if you saw the words written down on paper, you’d surely be convinced that the song could never work? Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a message of hope and transcendence.
I don't want to go overboard but all of us are seemingly under attack, assaulted on all sides by the horrible things happening all around us, or at least it feels that way sometimes. And this song seems to be saying that even with all that there is a possibility for something else that has real meaning and can get us through.
Maybe it's just lazily written and it wouldn't be the first of his songs you could say that about, but as soon as it begins I'm completely there for all of it. Let's not be so sophisticated that we miss out on something simple and heartfelt.

Jayzus. I had no idea dogs could be so sentimental.

You almost made me want to try listening to that one. (Unfortunately I also saw Verso's (n) and it cancelled your (y))

(Anyhow, the Central know-it-all informed us that love was on its way back recently, so I don't think I'll bother.)

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom