Morrissey A-Z: "My Insatiable One"

I believe this song was played 17 times in 1992.

The musicianship is notably substandard, but Morrissey's voice just about makes up for that.

Suede were a fine band, this is a fine song and it's one of the few times when Morrissey's seal of approval didn't prove to be the kiss of death for an act (James being another example).

I believe this song was played 17 times in 1992.

The musicianship is notably substandard, but Morrissey's voice just about makes up for that.

Suede were a fine band, this is a fine song and it's one of the few times when Morrissey's seal of approval didn't prove to be the kiss of death for an act (James being another example).
Correct.
From PJLM: "This song has been done in concert 17 times by Morrissey, all on the 1992 Your Arsenal tour. The song "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference" segued into it on the first 16 uninterrupted shows of that tour. After having been given a break of a little over 2 weeks, it returned for one final airing as a stand alone."

I never had the impression Whyte & Co played it substandard. Never. And I didn't compare Butler's playing with Boz n Alain's.
It sounds good and pretty authentic to me.

Love suede love the song love morrissey and his cover. It’s also just a neat brit pop historical moment

It's pure nostalgia, no? Where are the days that Morrissey would support young and upcoming (British) talent by playing a cover of one of their first recordings? It certainly inspired me to track down this Suede EP and I still listen to Suede today.

As for the cover itself, it's a fitting choice for Morrissey as already mentioned elsewhere.

I have absolutely no feelings for this song. I like early Suede, though. Or at least I did (don’t really listen to them anymore). Dog Man Star is one of the best albums of the 90’s.

And on a side note, has anyone ever actually shat Paracetamol?)
I went through a period of liking Suede back in the early 90's, though I bailed on them decades ago. Looking back now, some of the music still has value, but a lot of the lyrics seem to be complete gibberish.

This is the moment in time where @SuedeMoz has his finest hour. Go on!!!
HAHA... a bit late to the party on this one. IMHO it's an OK cover... I remember Brett Anderson saying afterward that he like the Morrissey sang it, but wasn't too impressed by the way the band played it - which seems accurate. For me, this cover was most significant for introducing me to Suede in the first place (live and then on the "I'm A Poet" bootleg)... which became my "Smiths of the 90s." Anyway, we can only wonder how a more polished studio version would have sounded.

Last edited:
It’s a beauty.

💙💜❤️

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom