Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

Yes, as if seemingly he knows exactly what pedophilia entails as to be able to compare it to the 'deplorable act' of meat eating--claiming they are synonymous. And yet, just last week in the Hot Press article he states: "I am naive on the subject of child abuse. I can't even imagine what it is. My brain doesn't lock into it." Hmm. Which is is? Authoritative opinion based on knowledge? Or ignorant, insensitive hyperbolic rant? If we are to believe his words in the HP interview, it is that latter.

Yes, thank you. Very well said. And as someone who has worked with victims of paedophiles, Morrissey's comments comparing those disgusting criminals to people who eat meat made me completely ill and angry. Such an insensitive and ignorant thing for him to say. And now it seems to be biting him in his big, fat ass and I say its well deserved. Even if the linked article is not true, knowing that Morrissey wil feel at least some discomfort over it because its painfully obvious that he obsessively monitors this site, gives me some satisfaction.

Darling...pulleeezzee.....your sending me into a tailspin of depression.

You come off as some super fan--even trying to control the content of the site. And yet you just registered last May. What gives? First computer? Or a complete poseur--newbie? Oh wait... there is a third option. You have spent the last twenty years in an institution without online access? Fess up dude!

You come off as some super fan--even trying to control the content of the site. And yet you just registered last May. What gives? First computer? Or a complete poseur--newbie? Oh wait... there is a third option. You have spent the last twenty years in an institution without online access? Fess up dude!

You are too old to use the word dude.

How about this---I am in the U.S., and TRB is in England. It is 9:09 p.m. where I am.

The fact you are trying so hard is not helping you. Just stop. You're pathetic.

Yeah....I am a fan. I joined last May to get info about the tour and the new album. Been a fan since Meat is Murder.

My favorite artists are dead......except for John Cale and Scott walker and Morrissey.

I didn't know about this site or that Morrissey didn't care for it....

Im used to discussion groups...face to face with respect.

I didn't realize all the immature fun to be had here.....

Yes, thank you. Very well said. And as someone who has worked with victims of paedophiles, Morrissey's comments comparing those disgusting criminals to people who eat meat made me completely ill and angry. Such an insensitive and ignorant thing for him to say. And now it seems to be biting him in his big, fat ass and I say its well deserved. Even if the linked article is not true, knowing that Morrissey wil feel at least some discomfort over it because its painfully obvious that he obsessively monitors this site, gives me some satisfaction.

You are welcome. It was very ignorant and insensitive. And reckless! And yes, coming full circle now.

Last edited:
Yeah....I am a fan. I joined last May to get info about the tour and the new album. Been a fan since Meat is Murder.

My favorite artists are dead......except for John Cale and Scott walker and Morrissey.

I didn't know about this site or that Morrissey didn't care for it....

Im used to discussion groups...face to face with respect.

I didn't realize all the immature fun to be had here.....

You came onto this site like gangbusters. Telling the mods and administrator how to run it... from day one. You have not paid your dues buddy. A little humility is in order. Don't you think you should be a member of the society for a while before declaring yourself dictator?

There is great fun to be had here. But you need to lighten the heck up.

The fact you are trying so hard is not helping you. Just stop. You're pathetic.

Okay--regardless. I was trying to be nice, but you had to start. I am not the arse-licking rat; I am from the States--and I am proudly anti that clown we have as president.

You came onto this site like gangbusters. Telling the mods and administrator how to run it... from day one. You have not paid your dues buddy. A little humility is in order. Don't you think you should be a member of the society for a while before declaring yourself dictator?

There is great fun to be had here. But you need to lighten the heck up.
I can dish it out...I can take it too. Unlike many here.

Humility is something many can use a dose of.

I've said all along this can be a better site.....respect and leadership is needed. I can work with that...how about you?

Okay--regardless. I was trying to be nice, but you had to start. I am not the arse-licking rat; I am from the States--and I am proudly anti that clown we have as president.

Oh how you give, it must be exhausting. Let's talk about the president now, shall we? Let's deflect so your little fan club doesn't catch on that you play both sides in the spirit of your cute little social experiment. CATS don't BARK asshole, they ME OW. Get used to it.

I was lucky to have found this site many years ago and have been a daily visitor since. I seldom post, though when I have it has been to support David T. and this site. This site is the reason I'm a Morrissey fan, and I genuinely believe it has done wonders (more than any other media) for Morrissey's career and his enduring legacy. Certainly there were years where morrissey-solo.com seemed like this was all we had. I quietly treasure the site. But, David, the real estate and attention you are providing this material is provocative and wrong. Please take it down.

You are welcome. It was very ignorant and insensitive. And reckless! And yes, coming full circle now.

Right so now we are using 'karma' as a viable excuse to post this nonsense on the front page? Two wrongs hardly make a right.

I'll ask you the question I have posed in a previous post, if I went and started a blog on Morrissey and bestiality and provided a few tenuous links, would it be a good idea for David to post it up on the front page as news? Yes or no. I'd really really like an answer to this question.

You can talk about free speech as much as you want but David as the moderator/creator of this site has full editorial control as to what goes up on the front page and he chose to post it. The fact is it was already out there on the internet and anyone who felt like typing in 'Morrissey' and 'pedophilia' could have probably found it. So as an opinion piece this grubby piece of work already had a life and voice of its own. What David chose to do was to give it a new larger lifespan by putting it on the front page of the most visited Morrissey website on the world wide web. And for those who say David puts everything about Morrissey on the front page................well no he doesn't because from a sheer work-ability scale of things that would be impossible. Only certain pieces of Morrissey news actually make it on to the front page.

What is also interesting is that David clearly had a colonel of self doubt about this as UncleSkinny has confirmed that David did discuss this with him before putting it up on the front page. Why consult with someone if you felt it was newsworthy? David knew he was skating a fine fine line with this one. Skinny (wisely in my opinion) obviously felt that it wasn't front page material, probably due to the source, but I hesitate to put words in his mouth. It is up to him I guess if he wants to elucidate further as to why he took that position.

Despite the reservations of a fellow long time moderator David still chose to put this up. And now he has to live with the consequences of that. I personally think he is a pretty good dude but has suffered a serious lapse in judgement on this one as we have seen by many posts of concern from longtime supporters of his freedom of speech stance regarding this site. Everyone makes mistakes and I think this is one of them.

I can dish it out...I can take it too. Unlike many here.

Humility is something many can use a dose of.

I've said all along this can be a better site.....

It's only as good as its members.

...respect and leadership is needed. I can work with that...how about you?

Leadership needed? Nah. I prefer it the way it is now to power hungry admin/mods being heavy-handed with the editing/moderating.

It's only as good as its members.

Leadership needed? Nah. I prefer it the way it is now to power hungry admin/mods being heavy-handed with the editing/moderating.

Right...and the article the leader, Tseng linked here on this thread is just fine.

We'll....I don't agree and I think most thinking people agree with that. It's trash and denigrates the whole site.

Oh how you give, it must be exhausting. Let's talk about the president now, shall we? Let's deflect so your little fan club doesn't catch on that you play both sides in the spirit of your cute little social experiment. CATS don't BARK asshole, they ME OW. Get used to it.

Wow! You are salty. I can talk about how I was stiffed by Morrissey by him canceling on me in Pittsburgh, PA, on two occasions--once at the I.C. Light Melody Tent in Station Square and at the Palumbo Center on Duquesne University's campus.

I am not TRB.

There is great fun to be had here.

Argh. You're a deeply insecure person and you come here to get attention. That is the only reason why you're here. And you will never go away and do something else. Because this is the place where you can feel like you matter. You're mildly depressing. I'm not sure why I'm writing this post, it feels unfair. I'm an asshole.

Right so now we are using 'karma' as a viable excuse to post this nonsense on the front page? Two wrongs hardly make a right.

I never used the word karma. Karma is not real. And even if it were real, it doesn't work like that--according to proponents. It is not a direct cause/effect force. It takes time. Morrissey wouldn't be feeling the effects of the 'meat eating = pedophilia' comment until at least the next lifetime. Never in the same lifetime.

I'll ask you the question I have posed in a previous post, if I went and started a blog on Morrissey and bestiality and provided a few tenuous links, would it be a good idea for David to post it up on the front page as news? Yes or no. I'd really really like an answer to this question.

I don't know. I stated many posts back that I do not access the site from the Main Page. I access it through my blog link or the forums link. When I go to the General Discussion forum, I am usually not privy to what has been bumped to the Main Page. I simply don't care.

You can talk about free speech as much as you want but David as the moderator/creator of this site has full editorial control as to what goes up on the front page and he chose to post it. The fact is it was already out there on the internet and anyone who felt like typing in 'Morrissey' and 'pedophilia' could have probably found it. So as an opinion piece this grubby piece of work already had a life and voice of its own. What David chose to do was to give it a new larger lifespan by putting it on the front page of the most visited Morrissey website on the world wide web. And for those who say David puts everything about Morrissey on the front page................well no he doesn't because from a sheer work-ability scale of things that would be impossible. Only certain pieces of Morrissey news actually make it on to the front page.

It won't make me lose sleep. Sorry.

What is also interesting is that David clearly had a colonel of self doubt about this as UncleSkinny has confirmed that David did discuss this with him before putting it up on the front page. Why consult with someone if you felt it was newsworthy? David knew he was skating a fine fine line with this one. Skinny (wisely in my opinion) obviously felt that it wasn't front page material, probably due to the source, but I hesitate to put words in his mouth. It is up to him I guess if he wants to elucidate further as to why he took that position.

They disagreed. That happens sometimes. I am sure Peter makes comments that David does not agree with. They are two, separate, free thinking individuals, after all.

Despite the reservations of a fellow long time moderator David still chose to put this up. And now he has to live with the consequences of that. I personally think he is a pretty good dude but has suffered a serious lapse in judgement on this one as we have seen by many posts of concern from longtime supporters of his freedom of speech stance regarding this site. Everyone makes mistakes and I think this is one of them.

What consequences? Think the masses will vacate the premises? Fat chance. If David comes to regret his decision, I am certain he will be able to live with it. He is a smart guy; he'll sort it out.

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

Pitiful! Please David T., continue to make yourself more of a joke. No wonder why the man hates you so much. Laughable jerkoff fanboy!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom