Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

The masses? About 25,000 registered users. 600+ active. .024% active. So, while you may be the last person standing, a lot of people already bailed. Site traffic is a fraction of what it was. Metrics.

What consequences? Think the masses will vacate the premises? Fat chance. If David comes to regret his decision, I am certain he will be able to live with it. He is a smart guy; he'll sort it out.

This is priceless. Epitomizes the sycophantic sheep mentality perfectly.

You don't even know the definition of syncophant. If you did, you'd realize that's exactly what you are in regard to davidt.

Are you even familiar with the concept of nuanced, independent thought? You have these loud, barely processed, black or white clunky thoughts that you somehow feel obliged to announce to the world in lecture form, proving only that your unreasoned, unsophisticated mind doesn't have a chance of ever knowing what it doesn't know.

Quite strange that people who think this site and its owner are beneath contempt even bother to post here. News is news, good or bad. People's opinions of news may vary, but its up to the owner to discern. If you don't like the decisions made, you are free to leave and never come back. Celebs are often the topic of all sorts of gossip, and its usually printed, just like it was here. No one is required to believe it. Again, I will state that Morrissey often gets a pass on the vile things he says. He is not some misunderstood genius who should be given free reign to make the most heinous statements and accusations. He is barely ever held accountable. I like that this site does not pander to the notion that "Moz is just Moz" and terribly misunderstood. He is a very bright person who surely must understand the consequences of his actions. I don't think its Karma, its just how the world works.

Report the post. I'm sure with enough reports it will be removed...
that is unless David decides not to.

The masses? About 25,000 registered users. 600+ active. .024% active. So, while you may be the last person standing, a lot of people already bailed. Site traffic is a fraction of what it was. Metrics.

Masses as in majority. Not as in massive. Site traffic is down? Really? Do you have some links to back up this claim?

They bail... like you... but they always return... like you. Solo actually has registered dozens of new users in the last few months who are contributing regularly and enthusiastically.

Quite strange that people who think this site and its owner are beneath contempt even bother to post here. News is news, good or bad. People's opinions of news may vary, but its up to the owner to discern. If you don't like the decisions made, you are free to leave and never come back. Celebs are often the topic of all sorts of gossip, and its usually printed, just like it was here. No one is required to believe it. Again, I will state that Morrissey often gets a pass on the vile things he says. He is not some misunderstood genius who should be given free reign to make the most heinous statements and accusations. He is barely ever held accountable. I like that this site does not pander to the notion that "Moz is just Moz" and terribly misunderstood. He is a very bright person who surely must understand the consequences of his actions. I don't think its Karma, its just how the world works.

Most excellent post.

I never used the word karma. Karma is not real. And even if it were real, it doesn't work like that--according to proponents. It is not a direct cause/effect force. It takes time. Morrissey wouldn't be feeling the effects of the 'meat eating = pedophilia' comment until at least the next lifetime. Never in the same lifetime.

I don't know. I stated many posts back that I do not access the site from the Main Page. I access it through my blog link or the forums link. When I go to the General Discussion forum, I am usually not privy to what has been bumped to the Main Page. I simply don't care.

It won't make me lose sleep. Sorry.

They disagreed. That happens sometimes. I am sure Peter makes comments that David does not agree with. They are two, separate, free thinking individuals, after all.

What consequences? Think the masses will vacate the premises? Fat chance. If David comes to regret his decision, I am certain he will be able to live with it. He is a smart guy; he'll sort it out.

No you didn't use the word karma but I guess you were implying some sort of 'reap what you sow' type theorem when you made the comment yeah? I love how you totally ignored the gist (of which I'm pretty sure you are intelligent to work out) of what I was saying and picked one word to divert the argument. I'bve never really crossed swords with you before but I've seen you use that tactic many times ;-)

So just because YOU don't come to the site via the main page you then just totally disregard the impact of what is posted on the main page? That seems a fairly solipsistic view of things but I can say that hardly surprises me. So far all the answers provided have been from your perspective, you, you, you, you. Whereas others here are trying to look at the impact at has on the site and the community as a whole. I'm sorry but David has lost some credibility by choosing to post this. However according to you he doesn't give a shit, so I guess that opens it up for any old shite to get posted up. I better to get to work on my 'Morrissey likes Merino sheep' blog, hopefully it can hit the main page within 48 hours.

No you didn't use the word karma but I guess you were implying some sort of 'reap what you sow' type theorem when you made the comment yeah? I love how you totally ignored the gist (of which I'm pretty sure you are intelligent to work out) of what I was saying and picked one word to divert the argument. I'bve never really crossed swords with you before but I've seen you use that tactic many times ;-)

So just because YOU don't come to the site via the main page you then just totally disregard the impact of what is posted on the main page? That seems a fairly solipsistic view of things but I can say that hardly surprises me. So far all the answers provided have been from your perspective, you, you, you, you. Whereas others here are trying to look at the impact at has on the site and the community as a whole. I'm sorry but David has lost some credibility by choosing to post this. However according to you he doesn't give a shit, so I guess that opens it up for any old shite to get posted up. I better to get to work on my 'Morrissey likes Merino sheep' blog, hopefully it can hit the main page within 48 hours.

Most excellent post.

Yeah except this isn't news. It is the hateful inflammatory ramblings of a nutter on a blog.

You don't even know the definition of syncophant. If you did, you'd realize that's exactly what you are in regard to davidt.

But you do being that you even spelled it properly. :rolleyes:

Are you even familiar with the concept of nuanced, independent thought? You have these loud, barely processed, black or white clunky thoughts that you somehow feel obliged to announce to the world in lecture form, proving only that your unreasoned, unsophisticated mind doesn't have a chance of ever knowing what it doesn't know.

Are you familiar with spell check? A dictionary?

Posting a link certainly has caused a lot of reaction. I want people to discredit the site, but instead most are attacking my decision to draw attention to it.

Because most people think that it's not drawing attention to the article but rather drawing attention to your dislike of Morrissey. This "article" contains as much crap as the Blue Rose bullshit but you don't post their insane ramblings to the front page. You've succeeded in proving your critics right. This isn't about showing equal time to Morrissey's stupid statements. This is about you putting the foot in. And all your supporters get dragged in along with you. Well done.

Because most people think that it's not drawing attention to the article but rather drawing attention to your dislike of Morrissey. This "article" contains as much crap as the Blue Rose bullshit but you don't post their insane ramblings to the front page. You've succeeded in proving your critics right. This isn't about showing equal time to Morrissey's stupid statements. This is about you putting the foot in. And all your supporters get dragged in along with you. Well done.

Well put.

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

If it's something I consider an item of interest I'll post it. There is headline news, a lot of stuff most people ignore, some rumors and some that are just ridiculous. I take responsibility for the main page articles, looks like everyone include the mods disagree with me on this one. No, I don't think every time "How will Morrissey, his friends and his family feel if I post this?". If I did it would look pretty much the same as true-to-you.

I'm sorry, but that reasoning is bullshit and you should know it. We're all for posting responsible views that are against the PR Morrissey would love us to swallow. This is not it. That article is a load of crap and most folks with a few bits of sense know it. The fact that you refuse to review with a sense of responsible journalism is disappointing at best and f***ing retarded at worst. Perhaps you need to review http://www.journalism.org/resources/principles-of-journalism/

I was not trying to evade your questions. I thought I provided honest answers. And addressed your points as best as I could. I am sorry I failed to deliver the responses you expected.

I am just one person with an opinion. I have a right to share it, just as you do. I am not trying to protect the site's reputation or Morrissey's.

Morrissey has done more harm to his image than anything anyone has ever posted on Solo. We are not the grave diggers. The shovel is in his hand.

Yeah except this isn't news. It is the hateful inflammatory ramblings of a nutter on a blog.

And how would you know that for sure? I'm not claiming I know either way. I couldn't possibly. How can you?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom