Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He really is ad hoc.

Nice to see them adding dates.

Adding dates?
These have been announced together with Leeds and London. I received my tickets weeks ago. Not sure why they're adding them on Ticketmaster now though.

Adding dates?
These have been announced together with Leeds and London. I received my tickets weeks ago. Not sure why they're adding them on Ticketmaster now though.

I must have found an old thread & got confused. ?

I can't even read your post correctly tonight!

I was confused by it being added to Ticketmaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else buy a mobile/e-ticket for the London show? I bought one online from a reseller on viagogo, but haven't seen maybe other mobile tickets elsewhere. Just want to make sure it is legit.

Did anyone else buy a mobile/e-ticket for the London show? I bought one online from a reseller on viagogo, but haven't seen maybe other mobile tickets elsewhere. Just want to make sure it is legit.

Viagogo have a bad rep...I'd do some further digging if I were you.

I used viagogo for the Copa Liberterdores in South America
All game good. Including courier to the hotel in Brazil and Argentina

Thank you. I did not have problems with viagogo in the past, but I am just asking if mobile tickets were EVER issued for this show because I did not see them available when I first ordered from gigsandshows.

My problem is that I first ordered a ticket from gigsandshows but they later told me that they cannot send my physical ticket by post since I live in a different country (Austria) and that I need to pick up my ticket at the box office at 18:00 the day of the show. The problem is that I will be queuing and I will lose my place in the queue if I have to pick up my ticket at 18:00 since this is the time doors are supposed to open. So I need an e-ticket or someone to quickly ship my a physical ticket.

Thank you. I did not have problems with viagogo in the past, but I am just asking if mobile tickets were EVER issued for this show because I did not see them available when I first ordered from gigsandshows.

My problem is that I first ordered a ticket from gigsandshows but they later told me that they cannot send my physical ticket by post since I live in a different country (Austria) and that I need to pick up my ticket at the box office at 18:00 the day of the show. The problem is that I will be queuing and I will lose my place in the queue if I have to pick up my ticket at 18:00 since this is the time doors are supposed to open. So I need an e-ticket or someone to quickly ship my a physical ticket.
I'm having the same problem with the pick up of the tickets.
The FAQ on the arena's official page says the box office will open no later than one hour before doors but that's not really helpful. According to the SSE website doors are 18:30, so everything is very contradictory.
I think the only save way to buy e-tickets is via Flash Mobile Delivery through AXS or the Wembley app.

I'm just reading in the news that in France all gigs larger than a 5000 crowd have been forbidden by the government due to the Coronavirus outbreak. I think Morrissey's location in Paris is smaller than this, right?

I'm going to see him in Cologne and really hope the gig won't be canceled. Looking forward to it a lot. So far the German government doesn't seem to have any similar plans to forbid gigs.

I'm having the same problem with the pick up of the tickets.
The FAQ on the arena's official page says the box office will open no later than one hour before doors but that's not really helpful. According to the SSE website doors are 18:30, so everything is very contradictory.
I think the only save way to buy e-tickets is via Flash Mobile Delivery through AXS or the Wembley app.
Thank you. The ticket I got is through AXS. This is often a problem for those living out of the country. I tried contacting gigsandtours to ask if they could please send me a e-ticket and if not, please give me a refund, but no luck.

I'm just reading in the news that in France all gigs larger than a 5000 crowd have been forbidden by the government due to the Coronavirus outbreak. I think Morrissey's location in Paris is smaller than this, right?

I'm going to see him in Cologne and really hope the gig won't be canceled. Looking forward to it a lot. So far the German government doesn't seem to have any similar plans to forbid gigs.
Hoping and praying that he won't cancel because of coronovirus panic. If Moz is less-than-friendly towards getting handshakes and hugs on this tour, I'll understand why. But my feeling is that he'll pull through. They should have cancelled already by now if coronavirus was a worry.

Salle Pleyel is 2500 max capacity, so it shouldn't be an issue. See you soon in far off places!

Hoping and praying that he won't cancel because of coronovirus panic. If Moz is less-than-friendly towards getting handshakes and hugs on this tour, I'll understand why. But my feeling is that he'll pull through. They should have cancelled already by now if coronavirus was a worry.

Salle Pleyel is 2500 max capacity, so it shouldn't be an issue. See you soon in far off places!
in germany event organizers and authorities have to assess the risk of each event and then make a decision. cologne is close to the hub of infections in germany, in north rhine westphalia.

This coronavirus thing is such a volitile situation, I suspect this is going to be one of those cases where we won't know for sure if each gig is going ahead until the day of the show. Things are probably about 50/50 odds at the moment. It offers a good excuse to cancel Leeds if the sales really have been poor though.

I guess, there are people too, who have tickets but will stay at home if the situation will not calm down until next weekend.

in germany event organizers and authorities have to assess the risk of each event and then make a decision. cologne is close to the hub of infections in germany, in north rhine westphalia.

I just checked the website of Palladium-koeln. Tonight's concert (the neighborhood) has been postponed, tomorrow's concert has been moved to Life Music Hall. I am not certain that it is duee to Coronavirus.

As for Morrissey's gig, we won't know until the very last moment. Understandable in this case, I would say.

france ban gatherings of over 3000 people- coronavirus

surely means the French gig is off? can the leeds gig go ahead without the French one?

I just checked the website of Palladium-koeln. Tonight's concert (the neighborhood) has been postponed, tomorrow's concert has been moved to Life Music Hall. I am not certain that it is duee to Coronavirus.

As for Morrissey's gig, we won't know until the very last moment. Understandable in this case, I would say.
No, I don't think these two have anything to do with the Corona virus. The Neighbourhood concert was already postponed in December and the NF show tomorrow was upgraded to Live Music Hall, which is a bigger venue, because it sold out so quickly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom