Morrissey at the Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles (May 3, 2013) - photos posted at Zimbio

Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

He does look quite good though. He's 54 this month and he carries it off. CG has a point

I stand by what I said, it's an ugly outfit, and the photo caught him at a really unattractive moment mid-blink.
Sure, he looks decently fit for a 54 year old. But as realitybites implied, double denim never screams sexy.

I had a thought. I wonder if he wanted to go to The Stones concert to observe how they performed and how the audience reacted. Morrissey has said a few times, including recently, that he has seen many bands that are very big names and they don't have the same audience reaction that he gets. He said people don't reach put and touch the artist (the big name). Morrissey used the example of seeing Madonna. I thought 'why the heck did even see her?' and thought he wanted to size up her audience and influence. Just a thought.

Just seems like a waste of money to me when you already think you're the best you can be.

Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

In that second photo in the series of Morrissey at the Rolling Stones gig, I thought Morrissey looked a lot greyer around the temples and quite gaunt. Although you have to remember how ill he was.

I know what Morrissey is wanting to achieve with the double denim look and he just manages to pull it off. I think the last time I remember seeing him wearing a denim jacket was around the "Kill Uncle" era. And we all know how timely his retro retro look is. I do prefer the current Morrissey in blazers as a opposed to denim.

Isn't he just taking his new girl friend out on the town? They've been seen everywhere.

I could've used some help getting a ticket. I'm actually digging the Stones these past few years and Keith's Bio is an amazing read.

The passing of time, and all of its sickening crimes...

I could've used some help getting a ticket. I'm actually digging the Stones these past few years and Keith's Bio is an amazing read.

That's a really, really great book. Up there with Dylan's Chronicles.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, really! I think he looks handsome as always. You can't compare him to 1991 Morrissey;) He looks fit and fashionable. I am not a fan of those jeans (I swear he wears the same type of baggy levis all the time now...ugh) but the rest of the outfit is great. I love the detail and fit of the jacket. :thumb:

I had a thought. I wonder if he wanted to go to The Stones concert to observe how they performed and how the audience reacted. Morrissey has said a few times, including recently, that he has seen many bands that are very big names and they don't have the same audience reaction that he gets. He said people don't reach put and touch the artist (the big name). Morrissey used the example of seeing Madonna. I thought 'why the heck did even see her?' and thought he wanted to size up her audience and influence. Just a thought.

Comped on the door.

Morrissey looks really happy, obviously watching The Stones has give him some inspiration for the 2029 Morrissey 70th birthday world tour. He's obviously marvelling at their ability to rarely cancel any gigs.

That's a really, really great book. Up there with Dylan's Chronicles.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Richards book until the 80s onwards (and I assume the end of his heroin addiction) I still haven't finished it

Typical hypocrite. He slags off the Stones, yet he feels the need to go see them perform.

Maybe he wore a blue rose on his lapel and carried one to give to Mick!

Hang on a minute did he block his nostrels up to go to this gig or did the Staples centre go "Meat free" again so Steven could'nt smell the burning flesh of Maccy D's(he has a very kean sense of smell you know). Or like you say what a hypocrite.
Lets just hope the his personal salt-jerker did'nt jerk to much salt on his fries eh ! Salts not good for ulcers.

Benny the butcher

P S Write some decent songs you lazy git

I think Mozzer looks really good.I don`t think it`s a fashion mistake.His shirt is white.His jacket is denim.What do you usually wear with a denim jacket anyway?He looks really handsome.Anyway I don`t believe in any rules in fashion.You should wear whatever you please.

In that second photo in the series of Morrissey at the Rolling Stones gig, I thought Morrissey looked a lot greyer around the temples and quite gaunt. Although you have to remember how ill he was.

I know what Morrissey is wanting to achieve with the double denim look and he just manages to pull it off. I think the last time I remember seeing him wearing a denim jacket was around the "Kill Uncle" era. And we all know how timely his retro retro look is. I do prefer the current Morrissey in blazers as a opposed to denim.

B*Witched have let themselves go a bit...should have gone for the next size up love.

Can't believe Morrissey would go and see the decrepit Mockney tax-exiles the Rolling Stones. I hope he went there to tell Jagger to "get off the stage" in his misguided trousers...

Bet Moz had a whale of a time, hope he didn't pay $1000 to witness this:

But scruffy is the last thing they are tonight. An outrageously slimline Mick Jagger – the 69-year-old's waist is about as wide as one of my thighs – pulls on a number of slinky shirts throughout the evening, and dons an epic, floor-length ostrich feather cape for Sympathy for the Devil. It may not get him many fans at Peta but it will certainly give the likes of Lady Gaga sartorial food for thought. The appearance of Gwen Stefani – lending her vocals and swishy platinum mane to Wild Horses – also ups the glamour factor significantly.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/may/04/rolling-stones-staples-center-show

1. That is an exceptional outfit and some looks transcend time.

2. The man is free to change his stance from earlier years as everyone should be (everyone also has some level of hypocrisy so lets keeps things realistic here.)

3. A lot of Morrissey "fans" are even more hateful than he can be and the white noise gets tiresome. Judge not lest ye be...

4. Of course he looks older. He is older. Does anyone really think that he would get younger and blonder? Also, I wonder how anyone judging will look at 54....many of whom will looked like a warmed up corpse...It is also exceedingly sick to be so harsh towards someone who was recently ill.

5. On an unrelated note, almost -0- artists make their best music in their 50's. Moz is not a supernatural being after all.

GROW THE F UP PEOPLE!

Morrissey did say something about the Rolling Stones thing recently(if my memory is correct) he said something like they should still perform if people want to see them.And all that hypocrite stuff is bs.I`m sure most people change their opinions every now and then.It`s a natural part of life as you learn new things, get older and grow.

I think Mozzer looks really good.I don`t think it`s a fashion mistake.His shirt is white.His jacket is denim.What do you usually wear with a denim jacket anyway?He looks really handsome.Anyway I don`t believe in any rules in fashion.You should wear whatever you please.

- - - Updated - - -

1. That is an exceptional outfit and some looks transcend time.

2. The man is free to change his stance from earlier years as everyone should be (everyone also has some level of hypocrisy so lets keeps things realistic here.)

3. A lot of Morrissey "fans" are even more hateful than he can be and the white noise gets tiresome. Judge not lest ye be...

4. Of course he looks older. He is older. Does anyone really think that he would get younger and blonder? Also, I wonder how anyone judging will look at 54....many of whom will looked like a warmed up corpse...It is also exceedingly sick to be so harsh towards someone who was recently ill.

5. On an unrelated note, almost -0- artists make their best music in their 50's. Moz is not a supernatural being after all.

GROW THE F UP PEOPLE!

Maybe you are the one who needs to grow up. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you are the one who needs to grow up. ;)

How so? Can't really back that up can you? Vagueness is all you have which doesn't substantiate anything...

Last edited by a moderator:

How so? Can't really back that up can you? Vagueness is all you have which doesn't substantiate anything...

You said all dissenters should grow up. Ad hominem attack anyone? I simply threw your insult back at you. ;)

P.S. "NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT BECAUSE THEY BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE" - Mark Twain. Based on this wisdom I won't be responding or paying any further credence to attacks in regards to my post.

The passing of time, and all of its sickening crimes...

I don't think the prior look works either. The ill fitting jeans, in both cases, ruins any hope of pulling the look off. But at least in the case of the first pic, Moz was a lot younger and could get away with it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom